• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Exactly. History already tells us what will happen.

Things change, and to think that the attitude of the people in America hasn't changed is a serious miscalculation. You might find that Americans today won't roll over so easily, or be so silent in their actions. You can only push a people so far before they choose to act.
    Lynx Defense

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    There's only a few problems with the article. They said we forgot the 4th amendment. Nope. If we get some reformation in our government (because our current republicans and dems are lady parts) the NSA will be found in violation of our 4th.

Another problem is the assumption that we will give up guns or shoot it out rather than have our day in court and appeals. A ban on semi automatics can be seen as a direct conflict against our rights to bear arms. Remember "shall not be infringed". Enough brothers in jail without just cause other than "possession of a semi auto firearm" seems like a terrible idea for the government. If they started taking gun owners kids it'll really get people angry at the government.

Stand up against a POS government and their garbage laws. Don't resort to violence. Use their own laws against them. Don't be a subject/serf/slave. Stand up strong in your beliefs and help each other. Be a good neighbor and NEVER give up your guns.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    There's only a few problems with the article. They said we forgot the 4th amendment. Nope. If we get some reformation in our government (because our current republicans and dems are lady parts) the NSA will be found in violation of our 4th.

Only problem is, all the courts, including SCOTUS, are just fine with what the NSA is doing. Short of some MAJOR change, they're going to keep on keeping on. Unless someone hacks the NSA and starts posting a LOT of surveillance files (people in the bathroom, intimately private conversations of significant people, etc) to show the depth of info the NSA has, it will never stop.

Stand up against a POS government and their garbage laws. Don't resort to violence. Use their own laws against them. Don't be a subject/serf/slave. Stand up strong in your beliefs and help each other. Be a good neighbor and NEVER give up your guns.

There will be no "using their own laws against them". I remember an interview with Rubio during the early part of the primary season. He was asked about the mass NSA surveillance. He was fine with it (one of the many reasons I couldn't support Rubio). He was asked about the abuse, as in cases of NSA employees using the systems to spy on girlfriends and ex-wives. Rubio said "That's already illegal". The follow up question never came. "So who has been prosecuted?" Answer, no one. So is it illegal if they KNOW they won't be prosecuted? But "they" will apply the law to us, not themselves. It's a vastly uneven playing field.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Only problem is, all the courts, including SCOTUS, are just fine with what the NSA is doing. Short of some MAJOR change, they're going to keep on keeping on. Unless someone hacks the NSA and starts posting a LOT of surveillance files (people in the bathroom, intimately private conversations of significant people, etc) to show the depth of info the NSA has, it will never stop.

There will be no "using their own laws against them". I remember an interview with Rubio during the early part of the primary season. He was asked about the mass NSA surveillance. He was fine with it (one of the many reasons I couldn't support Rubio). He was asked about the abuse, as in cases of NSA employees using the systems to spy on girlfriends and ex-wives. Rubio said "That's already illegal". The follow up question never came. "So who has been prosecuted?" Answer, no one. So is it illegal if they KNOW they won't be prosecuted? But "they" will apply the law to us, not themselves. It's a vastly uneven playing field.
    How will you fight this?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Another problem is the assumption that we will give up guns or shoot it out rather than have our day in court and appeals. A ban on semi automatics can be seen as a direct conflict against our rights to bear arms. Remember "shall not be infringed". Enough brothers in jail without just cause other than "possession of a semi auto firearm" seems like a terrible idea for the government. If they started taking gun owners kids it'll really get people angry at the government.

Let SCOTUS go to five liberals and four conservatives and you will quickly find out that the courts will not be a solution for protecting 2A rights.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Things change, and to think that the attitude of the people in America hasn't changed is a serious miscalculation. You might find that Americans today won't roll over so easily, or be so silent in their actions. You can only push a people so far before they choose to act.
    Ok, here's a very likely scenario... All semi-auto rifles are reclassified as Title II firearms and must be registered. You refuse to comply and also refuse to let it just collect dust in the attic. You're out shooting it on private property, and up rolls Deputy Stephens (who likes to arrest people for federal violations; real or imaginary) because he heard "semi-auto fire and needs to check it out." You're obviously guilty of breaking the new law, and federal prosecutors love making examples of people just like you. You're looking at 10 years in pound me in the ass federal prison. What do you do?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok, here's a very likely scenario... All semi-auto rifles are reclassified as Title II firearms and must be registered. You refuse to comply and also refuse to let it just collect dust in the attic. You're out shooting it on private property, and up rolls Deputy Stephens (who likes to arrest people for federal violations; real or imaginary) because he heard "semi-auto fire and needs to check it out." You're obviously guilty of breaking the new law, and federal prosecutors love making examples of people just like you. You're looking at 10 years in pound me in the ass federal prison. What do you do?

Well first off, I'm not going to be the only one refusing to comply. We've seen this not only in places like New York, but also in Canada who had to get rid of their long gun registration for this very reason. Very few people complied and registered their guns which made the law worthless and unenforceable. A few million people refusing to comply, along with the inevitability of states and local authorities refusing to enforce federal laws, or allow their police forces to enforce them also come into play (already seeing a movement for that in numerous states, including Texas). That makes it a little different than one asshole deputy and a federal prosecutor making an example out of a few rebels.

Simply put, Deputy Stephens can go pound sand.

Now here's a question for you. How can you claim to support gun rights or the Constitution when you would roll over and give those rights up at the swipe of a pen? Read my sig.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well first off, I'm not going to be the only one refusing to comply. We've seen this not only in places like New York, but also in Canada who had to get rid of their long gun registration for this very reason. Very few people complied and registered their guns which made the law worthless and unenforceable. A few million people refusing to comply, along with the inevitability of states and local authorities refusing to enforce federal laws, or allow their police forces to enforce them also come into play (already seeing a movement for that in numerous states, including Texas). That makes it a little different than one asshole deputy and a federal prosecutor making an example out of a few rebels.

Simply put, Deputy Stephens can go pound sand.

Now here's a question for you. How can you claim to support gun rights or the Constitution when you would roll over and give those rights up at the swipe of a pen? Read my sig.

You did not answer the question. When that happens you have two choices. Be arrested, or resist. Which would you do?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    How will you fight this?

Not sure. But as I said, the first thing that needs to happen is to somehow curtail all the NSA snooping. If someone could obtain enough data and reveal how much they truly have on a wide cross section of the population, it could raise enough stink that they would have to do something to stop it or significantly restrict it. To make it plain that they have private data on EVERYONE. Then people might care. If enough uproar could be generated, they'd lose the political cover to keep collecting all the data.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not sure. But as I said, the first thing that needs to happen is to somehow curtail all the NSA snooping. If someone could obtain enough data and reveal how much they truly have on a wide cross section of the population, it could raise enough stink that they would have to do something to stop it or significantly restrict it. To make it plain that they have private data on EVERYONE. Then people might care. If enough uproar could be generated, they'd lose the political cover to keep collecting all the data.
    Paging Assange.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Ok, here's a very likely scenario... All semi-auto rifles are reclassified as Title II firearms and must be registered. You refuse to comply and also refuse to let it just collect dust in the attic. You're out shooting it on private property?
    And that right there was the mistake.... If one does not want to comply and register one must hide/bury said item and save for a rainy day. Lol

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And that right there was the mistake.... If one does not want to comply and register one must hide/bury said item and save for a rainy day. Lol
    It is also said that if it is time to hide and bury them, then it is time to dig them up.

Those of you who say "I will not comply" that is fine and dandy, but no matter how well you think you are raising your children, if you have them in the public( government) schools, the government is in effect raising them, not you. The .gov has them in their complete control for the purpose of shaping the way they think for a lot longer than you do. You will not be able to undo 6-8 hours of government education on a daily basis with the 1-3 hours you have them after they are released from school.

Your government educated children will comply. Whether it is after you are dead and they "find" your stash and turn it in, or if the nice BATFE representative comes to your child's government school and explains that to be good citizens they can call anonymously and report illegal guns.

If you are claiming that you spend equal time deprogramming your kids after they get out of school, why bother sending them in the first place? Just home school them and spend the extra time being parents.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It is also said that if it is time to hide and bury them, then it is time to dig them up.

Those of you who say "I will not comply" that is fine and dandy, but no matter how well you think you are raising your children, if you have them in the public( government) schools, the government is in effect raising them, not you. The .gov has them in their complete control for the purpose of shaping the way they think for a lot longer than you do. You will not be able to undo 6-8 hours of government education on a daily basis with the 1-3 hours you have them after they are released from school.

Your government educated children will comply. Whether it is after you are dead and they "find" your stash and turn it in, or if the nice BATFE representative comes to your child's government school and explains that to be good citizens they can call anonymously and report illegal guns.

If you are claiming that you spend equal time deprogramming your kids after they get out of school, why bother sending them in the first place? Just home school them and spend the extra time being parents.

I suppose that is a chance any parent is going to have to take.
    No guarantee that a home schooled student doesn't blab to another kid or his parents and they turn you in either.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not at all, but one thing doesn't guarantee another. Are you are saying that 100% of public school students will turn on their parents and 0% home schooled children won't?
    Not at all. But if you entrust the government school system to not **** up your kids, you would probably put a rattlesnake in your pants and trust it not to bite you.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Not at all. But if you entrust the government school system to not **** up your kids, you would probably put a rattlesnake in your pants and trust it not to bite you.

I agree, but that is not what my reply had anything to do with. What I don't agree with is that what schooling you receive can predict whether your child will or will not turn against you, which in post #174 seemed like you where saying was a sure bet.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I agree, but that is not what my reply had anything to do with. What I don't agree with is that what schooling you receive can predict whether your child will or will not turn against you, which in post #174 seemed like you where saying was a sure bet.

It pretty much is. The whole DARE/ Just say no programs showed just how well getting kids to turn in their parents worked.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom