• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    hard to believe people will just hand em over

Why?

If, tomorrow, it became a felony to possess 50BMG rounds do you really think the guys who might have one as a paperweight would risk loosing freedom through a felony conviction. They, 99% of the owners, would get rid of them so fast!!!

Now, frighteningly, do you think a felony for possessing 30 round AR15 mags would be any different???
    I certainly would not risk loosing by life's liberties just to hold on to a couple 30 round mags!!!
    Nor would 99% of the professionals I work around!
    Sorry.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Simply put, Deputy Stephens can go pound sand.
    You did not answer the question. When that happens you have two choices. Be arrested, or resist. Which would you do?
    Right...

Even better thing to ponder. Same scenario but it's your neighbor who is shooting his illegal guns, and you're just sitting on your porch enjoying the sounds of freedom in the distance. You see Deputy Stephens pulling into your neighbor's driveway. Do you run up and tell him to pound sand before he arrests your neighbor?

What if Deputy Stephens goes to church with you, or he coaches your kid's little league, or his wife and yours are friends, etc... Just making it clear that we are talking about real people who live in the same community that you do.

Now here's a question for you. How can you claim to support gun rights or the Constitution when you would roll over and give those rights up at the swipe of a pen? Read my sig.
    I have no idea... Ask your grandpa/father why he didn't stand up and protect your rights in '32, '68, or '86. Your answer lies with the people who've lived through it already.
    I have signatures turned off.

And that right there was the mistake.... If one does not want to comply and register one must hide/bury said item and save for a rainy day. Lol
    Yeah, I know. That's the same thing people did in '32 and when amnesty was closed forever in '68. Some people think it will be different this time. They might be right, but it's extremely hard to keep history from repeating itself.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if you are trying to equate banning full auto with all guns its not the same thing.

MG owners were a very very small group. Kind of like saying there are as many 80% owners as AR owners.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    if you are trying to equate banning full auto with all guns its not the same thing.

Yes and no.

Our acceptance of restrictions on NFA firearms acknowledge that most of us accept that limiting the 2ndA has long ago occurred and is virtually universally accepted.
    Full auto weapons are on the same side of a line along with 30mm cannons and shotguns with 10" barrels.

It's changing were that line is drawn that can and should frighten us all!!!

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It pretty much is. The whole DARE/ Just say no programs showed just how well getting kids to turn in their parents worked.

Guess I'll have to go do some research on how many parents where turned in over DARE/Just Say No compared to how many actually weren't.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    MG owners were a very very small group.
    All guns won't be banned all at once. It's incrementalism that was started in '32. A new AWB will be next, then all semi-auto rifles, then it'll be anything that holds more than two rounds, etc... They also won't be completely banned in order to preserve the appearance of upholding the 2A. They'll just make you register them like a machine gun. In 30 years time the amount of people who own a legal AR-15 will be a small group just like people who own machine guns.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    All guns won't be banned all at once. It's incrementalism that was started in '32. A new AWB will be next, then all semi-auto rifles, then it'll be anything that holds more than two rounds, etc... They also won't be completely banned in order to preserve the appearance of upholding the 2A. They'll just make you register them like a machine gun. In 30 years time the amount of people who own a legal AR-15 will be a small group just like people who own machine guns.

Sad, but true.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    If you ever purchased a gun legally there is a paper trail. There nothing conspiratorial about that. It just is.
    The rest of course is just my opinion nothing more. Only time will tell.
    I have purchased dozens maybe hundreds of guns legally that have absolutely zero paper trail. This is why I do not sign a BOS.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It is also said that if it is time to hide and bury them, then it is time to dig them up.

Those of you who say "I will not comply" that is fine and dandy, but no matter how well you think you are raising your children, if you have them in the public( government) schools, the government is in effect raising them, not you. The .gov has them in their complete control for the purpose of shaping the way they think for a lot longer than you do. You will not be able to undo 6-8 hours of government education on a daily basis with the 1-3 hours you have them after they are released from school.

Your government educated children will comply. Whether it is after you are dead and they "find" your stash and turn it in, or if the nice BATFE representative comes to your child's government school and explains that to be good citizens they can call anonymously and report illegal guns.

If you are claiming that you spend equal time deprogramming your kids after they get out of school, why bother sending them in the first place? Just home school them and spend the extra time being parents.

Quite simply, you are wrong here. And my offspring are living proof.

It is not a matter of equal time. It is a matter of consistently being a parent and being involved with your children.

Some bad assumptions here.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You did not answer the question. When that happens you have two choices. Be arrested, or resist. Which would you do?

I believe I did answer the question.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.
    -Thomas Jefferson

I believe that is incorrect. What made the law worthless was not enforcing it.

You know, like our immigration laws.

It's impossible to enforce a law that the vast majority of your population are willfully ignoring. That's something most people don't get. The Government has power because we give it to them. If a large portion of the population decides to deny them that power (refusal to comply with laws), then there's not shit they can do without possibly inciting a revolution. Mass arrests or using force to make people comply tends to do that sort of thing.

Right...

Even better thing to ponder. Same scenario but it's your neighbor who is shooting his illegal guns, and you're just sitting on your porch enjoying the sounds of freedom in the distance. You see Deputy Stephens pulling into your neighbor's driveway. Do you run up and tell him to pound sand before he arrests your neighbor?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    -Edmund Burke

What if Deputy Stephens goes to church with you, or he coaches your kid's little league, or his wife and yours are friends, etc... Just making it clear that we are talking about real people who live in the same community that you do.

Irrelevant. I don't care who he is, or how I know him.

I have no idea... Ask your grandpa/father why he didn't stand up and protect your rights in '32, '68, or '86. Your answer lies with the people who've lived through it already.

It was a different time, a different people, and a different attitude. The last few years of increasing scorn for the government, and a few examples of resistance to the Federal agencies by armed groups should have clued you in on that.

I have signatures turned off.

Well, let me post that for you then. :)

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Yeah, I know. That's the same thing people did in '32 and when amnesty was closed forever in '68. Some people think it will be different this time. They might be right, but it's extremely hard to keep history from repeating itself.

Your right, it is hard to keep history from repeating itself. Remember what happened last time a Government tried to take guns away from Americans? I believe that little event was called the American Revolution.

I'll leave you with a quote for you to ponder. Will you be a slave or a patriot?

The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don't turn against him, they crush those beneath them.
    -Emily Brontë

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok, here's a very likely scenario... All semi-auto rifles are reclassified as Title II firearms and must be registered. You refuse to comply and also refuse to let it just collect dust in the attic. You're out shooting it on private property, and up rolls Deputy Stephens (who likes to arrest people for federal violations; real or imaginary) because he heard "semi-auto fire and needs to check it out." You're obviously guilty of breaking the new law, and federal prosecutors love making examples of people just like you. You're looking at 10 years in pound me in the ass federal prison. What do you do?

The problem is the guy is going all half ass with his refusal to comply.

If he'd gone ahead and built an unregistered suppressor for his unregistered firearm Officer Barbrady never would have heard the shots.

C'mon people, get your head in the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's impossible to enforce a law that the vast majority of your population are willfully ignoring.
    They actually don't care about or expect to enforce compliance on a large scale. They don't have to. They'll just pick a few people up here and there to make examples of them. All the bad citizens will be in prison, dead, or hiding their illegal ways, and all the good citizens will rejoice. It's just another means to suppress you. Look how "successful" the war on drugs is. The vast majority of people don't think you should be sent to prison for drug use and many have even partaken at some point themselves. We apparently like our prisons very full.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    It's impossible to enforce a law that the vast majority of your population are willfully ignoring. That's something most people don't get. The Government has power because we give it to them.

But I don't believe a majority of the population will ignore it if you make the penalties harsh enough - felony convictions, asset freeze/forfeiture, serious jail time, etc. Some will, for sure, but not anywhere near a majority of the population. Heck, a majority already believes the US needs more gun control - universal background checks, et al.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    -Edmund Burke

Irrelevant. I don't care who he is, or how I know him.

It was a different time, a different people, and a different attitude. The last few years of increasing scorn for the government, and a few examples of resistance to the Federal agencies by armed groups should have clued you in on that.

Well, let me post that for you then. :)

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Your right, it is hard to keep history from repeating itself. Remember what happened last time a Government tried to take guns away from Americans? I believe that little event was called the American Revolution.

I'll leave you with a quote for you to ponder. Will you be a slave or a patriot?

The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don't turn against him, they crush those beneath them.
    -Emily Brontë
    [/QUOTE]

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Heck, a majority already believes the US needs more gun control - universal background checks, et al.

This is speculation at best, and more likely completely false. Unless you have a source for such a claim aside from the "91% of Americans support universal background checks" line which was taken from a poll that was shown to be very skewed and not an accurate representation of the opinions of those who answered the questions.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They actually don't care about or expect to enforce compliance on a large scale. They don't have to. They'll just pick a few people up here and there to make examples of them. All the bad citizens will be in prison, dead, or hiding their illegal ways, and all the good citizens will rejoice. It's just another means to suppress you. Look how "successful" the war on drugs is. The vast majority of people don't think you should be sent to prison for drug use and many have even partaken at some point themselves. We apparently like our prisons very full.

There is a hell of a lot more support for gun rights, and a lot more people willing to fight for those rights than there are people who would fight for drug rights. You posting half truths and ignoring the differences between drugs and gun rights, and the people who support them. You also making a hell of a lot of assumptions. You assume people won't fight. As said before, that is a gross miscalculation.

But I don't believe a majority of the population will ignore it if you make the penalties harsh enough - felony convictions, asset freeze/forfeiture, serious jail time, etc. Some will, for sure, but not anywhere near a majority of the population. Heck, a majority already believes the US needs more gun control - universal background checks, et al.

And with that, you just lost credibility. That is liberal propaganda at best.

This is speculation at best, and more likely completely false. Unless you have a source for such a claim aside from the "91% of Americans support universal background checks" line which was taken from a poll that was shown to be very skewed and not an accurate representation of the opinions of those who answered the questions.

Thank you! :D

Heck, this whole thread is speculation.

Especially your posts. :p

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member