• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There is a hell of a lot more support for gun rights, and a lot more people willing to fight for those rights than there are people who would fight for drug rights. You posting half truths and ignoring the differences between drugs and gun rights, and the people who support them. You also making a hell of a lot of assumptions. You assume people won't fight. As said before, that is a gross miscalculation.
    :laughing: "drug rights"... The comparison was on enforcement and compliance. There is and always has been mass non-compliance on any prohibition. The point is they expect non-compliance, and it still works out in their favor in the end.

You're making a lot of assumptions as well, but history of past behaviors does not support yours. I don't know you and don't how serious you are, but if you are serious then I think you're going to end up like LaVoy Finicum. How has his death helped his cause?
    ARJ Defense ad

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    :laughing: "drug rights"... The comparison was on enforcement and compliance. There is and always has been mass non-compliance on any prohibition. The point is they expect non-compliance, and it still works out in their favor in the end.

You're making a lot of assumptions as well, but history of past behaviors does not support yours. I don't know you and don't how serious you are, but if you are serious then I think you're going to end up like LaVoy Finicum. How has his death helped his cause?

History says the last time they tried to ban and confiscate guns, the Brits got their ass kicked.

Of course some will. You are just miscalculating how many will.

How do you know?

All I can say is, there are a lot of people in this thread far too willing to roll over and give up your rights without a fight. If you want rights, you have to be willing to fight to keep them. The founders knew this better than anyone. If your not willing to fight for them, then frankly you don't deserve them.

Good day.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Of course some will. You are just miscalculating how many will.

Nah, your speculation is way bigger. I'll concede that point.

Or perhaps you are miscalculating?

I suspect that a few years before the American Revolution, almost no one thought that America would revolt against Britain. Much less be successful.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think the resistance will start slow but pick up quickly. One group will have the balls to say no and others will quickly follow.

Most people will not take the first shot but quite a few will join the movement. All it will take is one big spark to get it started.

Call it internet commando or whatever but I will not bury my guns or turn them in.

The anti government sentiment is higher than it has ever been and communication travels much more freely than it did during the last major Federal gun bans/ restrictions. I think the people are ready.

But everybody has their own opinion. Feel free to brag to your grandchildren that the .gov said jump and you asked how high.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I think the resistance will start slow but pick up quickly. One group will have the balls to say no and others will quickly follow.

Most people will not take the first shot but quite a few will join the movement. All it will take is one big spark to get it started.

Call it internet commando or whatever but I will not bury my guns or turn them in.

The anti government sentiment is higher than it has ever been and communication travels much more freely than it did during the last major Federal gun bans/ restrictions. I think the people are ready.

But everybody has their own opinion. Feel free to brag to your grandchildren that the .gov said jump and you asked how high.

Yep.
    The majority of the "won't back down" guys aren't on the Internet forums anyway.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Dawico is probably right.

There will be some "tripwires" or "martyrs" before resistance gains steam.

But we must be on guard, because the gradualism is a tactic liberals have used before. And the chance of a backlash is lower.

This is why we need to draw a line in the sand.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    99% of how many?

99% of 7.
    :)

Actually in my extended professional environment.......a couple thousand individuals.
    Maybe 1/3th or 1/4h own firearms. (wild guess).
    About 1/3rd of adult Texans own a gun. Alaskans are the nations high at 2/3rd.
    Texas is about average for the US.

So:
    How many would keep a 30 round mag if it's possession were a felony??
    Pretty much near-zero, I'd suspect.

Why on earth would anyone with a highly educated career and family to support risk imprisonment and loss of their livelihood and freedom for an AR15 magazine???

Am I the odd man out?
    Doubtful.
    Just the honest man.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    History says the last time they tried to ban and confiscate guns, the Brits got their ass kicked.
    How do you keep missing this... There will be no confiscation or mass ban of all guns. If that is what you're waiting on it will never come. They know that would trigger a shitstorm so they push their agenda slowly. The last time certain guns were banned nationally was 1994. No one did anything other than hope it didn't get extended. Your governments (both local and federal) are already infringing on your life, liberty and property in many forms. What are you waiting for?

I 100% agree with your motives. I'm concerned you're delusional about some of the aspects of what you're advocating and expecting other people to do. The fact that you keep bringing up the American Revolution like it's a historical trend shows you aren't thinking rationally. It was a once in 2,000 year event. The overwhelming majority of revolutions don't go that way.

The speed and ease of communication is most certainly a positive difference today. The exchange of ideas is where the real war is fought. The infrastructure that facilitates that communication is under attack in the same way our ability to defend ourselves is. Fighting that directly isn't even possible. Best thing we can do is figure out ways to circumvent the restrictions.

I think the fact that this discussion in such detail is being allowed to continue is a good sign that people are ready. Either that or we've finally scared off all the statists and this is just an echo chamber :laughing:

There will be some "tripwires" or "martyrs" before resistance gains steam.
    There are no martyrs; only dead outlaws. Anyone who dies in a shootout with law enforcement for any reason will get far more "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" comments than support. Even on this forum. I really hate the whole blame the dead guy thing that goes on.

I would much rather someone live and keep speaking the truth, than be silenced forever in an unlikely hope their death will "spark" something.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Whether they try to do it all at once, or ease their way into it, it doesn't matter. Anyone who even remotely values their rights will refuse to comply. It's when they try to do something about those people that the fighting will begin. A line in the sand needs to be drawn, and for many it has been. The rest are delusional if they think that they won't go after all of our other rights immediately after stripping us of our right to bear arms.

Are you going to draw that line, or are you going to cower as your rights and your children's rights are completely stripped away? Do you have the spirit of a free man, or a slave?

I'm all for peaceful solutions and spreading the word about freedom and truth. At some point though, you may be forced to make a choice whether to comply or fight. To be a slave, or a free man.

Last edited:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    How do you keep missing this... There will be no confiscation or mass ban of all guns. If that is what you're waiting on it will never come. They know that would trigger a shitstorm so they push their agenda slowly. The last time certain guns were banned nationally was 1994. No one did anything other than hope it didn't get extended. Your governments (both local and federal) are already infringing on your life, liberty and property in many forms. What are you waiting for?

And that's the biggest issue in all these arguments. There's no proposal out there to plan for. Best guess on my part is they'll simply make things so prohibitively expensive that only the elite can afford to fire more than a couple rounds a month. A lot of this they can do via the immense regulatory state that currently exists. Adding a tariff on imported ammo and components akin to the "hazmat fee" you have to pay. But make it steep, you know, because of "the terrorists" or something. Same with magazines. Then some type of special tax on the manufacture of magazines, then they'll get around to firearms. Doubt they'd go after firearms right away. But components needed to make them. And it would be done via regulations on the manufacturers that you or I would have little way of fighting unless we were sufficiently well funded to fight it judicially as well as legislatively. Tough to fight those things that don't directly impact you as the courts would throw it out due to lack of standing.

I 100% agree with your motives. I'm concerned you're delusional about some of the aspects of what you're advocating and expecting other people to do. The fact that you keep bringing up the American Revolution like it's a historical trend shows you aren't thinking rationally. It was a once in 2,000 year event. The overwhelming majority of revolutions don't go that way.

Ours was a rare revolution indeed. Especially that in the aftermath we didn't find one tyrant replaced with another. And we defeated the largest military in the world, but we did have support from the second largest (French) as well as a lot of Hessian mercenaries. The French sold us munitions on credit. Think any modern industrial nation would do that today? Only ones that might would be those who would back THEIR form of tyranny here. Like the Castros from Cuba for example. The Revolution we fought was indeed a rare historical event. The French had one not long after ours. We ended up with the Constitution and George Washington. The French ended up with the guillotine and Robespierre.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Or perhaps you are miscalculating?

Perhaps, but we won't know until we know, will we? Now it all is just speculation.

I suspect that a few years before the American Revolution, almost no one thought that America would revolt against Britain. Much less be successful.

And I submit that they had just come from Britain for a better life, were already pissed off, and didn't have as much to lose as most of us do today.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    How many would keep a 30 round mag if it's possession were a felony??
    Pretty much near-zero, I'd suspect.

Why on earth would anyone with a highly educated career and family to support risk imprisonment and loss of their livelihood and freedom for an AR15 magazine???

Am I the odd man out?

No, you are not, but we do seem to be in the minority of those willing to post their opinions in this thread. But as I said early on, it is easy to talk tough on the Internet.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The American Revolution was a hell of a feat, but I don't think it's the best example. Not only did we have help from the French who had their own agenda, but the Brits had some pretty big logistical hurdles to overcome fighting a war across the ocean.

We have two other revolutions in our history that would make better comparisons. The Texas Revolution, and the second American Revolution that didn't work out as well, although over 4 of the bloodiest years in this nations history the outcome was a toss up and would have been impossible to predict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Ok, here's a very likely scenario... All semi-auto rifles are reclassified as Title II firearms and must be registered. You refuse to comply and also refuse to let it just collect dust in the attic. You're out shooting it on private property, and up rolls Deputy Stephens (who likes to arrest people for federal violations; real or imaginary) because he heard "semi-auto fire and needs to check it out." You're obviously guilty of breaking the new law, and federal prosecutors love making examples of people just like you. You're looking at 10 years in pound me in the ass federal prison. What do you do?

I wouldn't choose to handle the situation in this fashion, that'd be the first mistake. It places an individual there by himself and makes it easier to "make an example" of him and serves only to wrongly reinforce the idea that "the law" is ostensibly right.
    If the idea of demonstrating the law is unconstitutional and therefore null and void (which is specified in the constitution itself) and therefore has no legal authority and no individual is required to abide by it. Then the idea is to make a political statement to illustrate that point. Setting yourself up to be "made an example of" doesn't accomplish this.

Rather than doing so on an individual basis, in the face of such a situation it'd require organizing a mass event and documenting what is happening, why it's happening, and why what's happening is right as it is the truth of the matter.

For example: Multiple individuals at a rifle range, videotape why they are there, why it is lawful, ie: the truth of the law as IDENTIFIED by our bonafide civil rights. Then engage in the excercise of our civil rights. Assuming LE shows up and says "you're under arrest" Then it is time to engage in the use of force for the purpose of protecting our civil rights if things come to that point at that situation. And that is the language which should be used to properly describe what is being done and why.

That'd be the wiser way to do it, rather than foolishly standing out in the front yard essentially shouting "shoot me" via one's actions, which LE would likely do and it'd accomplish only one thing.
    Grist for others to consider you a foolish troublemaker, maybe a brave one but a troublemaker nonetheless and give the public reason to believe the lie of what the law genuinely consists of.

Top Bottom