Thinking hard about turning in someone for Stolen Valor

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by vmax, May 31, 2016.

1. Ordnanceman

Ordnanceman New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    That's the way I feel when somebody thanks me for my service.

Shit, I served shore duty, USA... in Washington State. Spent most of my waking hours at the enlisted club or marine club. Except the motorcycle-riding in the mountains.

Best thing/most memorable thing I did the whole time was ride a motorcycle from Whidbey Island, Wa to New Orleans, via Pacific Coast Highway & I-10. Ass still hurts...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    We that chose to serve filled a slot that the service felt was needed. Our other hero's could not do their jobs without support services. All are a real part of any heroic event.

Shot placement is everything.

3. chemdawg

chemdawg New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I would turn them in i cant stand when people lie about there service time what they did and the awards they have most people who have war time medials that were not give as and end of tour award hardly talk about it. then you have guy like an E-7 who worked in an office get a bronze star just for being an e-7 yes every E7 was awarded a bronze star just for showing up despite what they did. even worse lying saying they were in and went

4. leatherneck

leatherneck Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Fair Oaks Ranch
    Stolen valor needs to be taken a lot more seriously than it is. I love it when the azzholes get busted, like the guy this week who claimed in court that he was a Marine sniper, and then got busted for perjury when it was discovered that he never even served. Hope he likes his prison cell.

G O B likes this.
  5. London

London The advocate's Devil. TGT Supporter

Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If you can get a copy of his DD-214 (or whatever equivalent paperwork they used in the 70's), just make copies along with his picture, the facebook post, and a brief note explaining what a liar he is. Post one in every mailbox in his neighborhood.

I did something similar when I discovered a child rapist moved into mine. I posted his DPS webpage along with the section of penal code which explained exactly what he was convicted of. The neighbors certainly appreciated it.

You may also wish to consider getting the local news or even LEOs to bait him.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Brilliant! I love it. Make this happen!!!!!

7. Tony2

Tony2 Active Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Is the DD-214 public info

8. karlac

karlac TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    In Texas?
    Since 2003, a DD-214 filed with a county clerk's office in Texas is supposed to be confidential for 75 years.
    Since 1974, you need written authorization to access at the Federal level.

9. Tony2

Tony2 Active Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Not a vet. Was wondering. Almost everyone in the last six years around here ( the job) is a vet.

10. London

London The advocate's Devil. TGT Supporter

Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You can always contact these folks:

http://www.stolenvalor.com

The people who run the website do this as a hobby. I say give 'em something to do!

G O B and Reinz like this.