• Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    .338 Lapua Savage 110BA.
    Surprisingly pleasant to shoot. Just protect the ears!
    With so much more muzzle energy than my un-braked 338 Win Mag it has 1/2 the perceived recoil!!!

Back on topic for this thread....
    This rifle might be the least likely to have gun control forces want to ban it.
    5 round bolt action? It's mostly harmless.
    :)
    Same rifle I have. Very nice.

Feel free to add in here if you would like: https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60911

I see the gun grabbers going after everything. Once the ARs/ AKs are neutered they will come after the big bores.
    Hurley's Gold

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I'd think it would be worth more if she wins. There doesn't seem to be a run on guns or Ammo right now. That might change if she wins.
    This 100%!! Wait till just after the election, If in fact she does win there's no way they can get anything passed legislatively quickly but prices will go through the roof right after she's announced the winner. Sales that night and the week to follow will be off the charts and prices will soar....

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    What he said.

When I was young, I bought, sold, and traded firearms. Now that I'm older, I buy. I buy firearms. There is no trading or selling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    What he said.

When I was young, I bought, sold, and traded firearms. Now that I'm older, I buy. I buy firearms. There is no trading or selling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I was fortunate to learn this lesson before I was 25. My first few hard won aquistions had to be sold to get me out of a financial jam (my own stupidity, no one else to blame). I only managed to hold onto my Win 94 and my first firearm, a Marlin 60 stainless, bought with yard cutting money when I was 13.

Since then, I haven't ever sold another weapon. I'll be 57, in a few days.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need more ammo.
    Just a little more.

Yup.
    Ammo will be the currency of the future.

Don't let a week go buy without adding a bit more ammo.
    I do not. Last weekend I bought 22lr, 45ACP, .308, .338 and 12ga and some black powder!

Buy at least 50% more than you think you can afford! Then just a little more.

Last edited:

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    An appliance dolly, powered so you can move quickly?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Hillary has already proposed a 25% federal excise tax on guns and ammunition. I'm stocking up on quality brass cased ammo every month. Also, look at the new Mass "assault weapons" ban. It specifically does NOT include the Ruger Mini-14, just like the 1994 ban. So that may be the gun to buy in case you're no longer allowed to shoot an AR. For that matter, since the Mini-14 is a shrunken copy of the M-14, then the M1A would seem a good bet if you want a larger caliber semi auto.

For sure, though, you won't regret buying ammo. It could be the new currency if things go really bad. Even if not, ammo has still not fallen back to its pre 2012 election prices.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    .....For sure, though, you won't regret buying ammo. It could be the new currency if things go really bad. .........

My cynical "currency of the future" started 100% in jest after the original Mad Max movie.
    Since then the jest/serious ratio has steadily fallen to 90%, 75%......maybe 60?

I know a prepper who says the same thing about tampons!

Even if laws never change your heirs will love you for the scads of rounds.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Also, look at the new Mass "assault weapons" ban. It specifically does NOT include the Ruger Mini-14, just like the 1994 ban. So that may be the gun to buy in case you're no longer allowed to shoot an AR.

To hedge my bets, I bought a detachable mag fed 5.56 bolt rifle to supplement my AR, just in case.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    To hedge my bets, I bought a detachable mag fed 5.56 bolt rifle to supplement my AR, just in case.
    My LGS just ordered a Ruger American Ranch rifle in 5.56mm for me for $399.95 (thank goodness...under $400!) If I lost my AR from a "mandatory buy back", I'd be sitting on 4,000 rounds of various 5.56 and .223 and nothing to do with them while waiting for gun mfrs to catch up with the demand for 5.56 bolt action rifles. Also, a bolt action can provide a calmer, more studied range "experience." With 40, 30, or even 20 rounds in my AR, I feel compelled to hurry and shoot again after each shot.

And yes, this was a great excuse to buy another gun.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    My cynical "currency of the future" started 100% in jest after the original Mad Max movie.
    Since then the jest/serious ratio has steadily fallen to 90%, 75%......maybe 60?

I know a prepper who says the same thing about tampons!

Even if laws never change your heirs will love you for the scads of rounds.
    "Pardon me, sir, but can you change a 50BMG? I need some 9mm's for the vending machine." :-)

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    My LGS just ordered a Ruger American Ranch rifle in 5.56mm for me for $399.95 (thank goodness...under $400!) If I lost my AR from a "mandatory buy back", I'd be sitting on 4,000 rounds of various 5.56 and .223 and nothing to do with them while waiting for gun mfrs to catch up with the demand for 5.56 bolt action rifles.

You and I were thinking alike. I went with the Mossberg MVP Patrol: http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mvp-series/mvp-patrol/

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom