Took my CHL class today!

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Starker, May 2, 2009.

1. Starker

Starker Active Member

I spent the day taking my CHL class. It was a really good class. I enjoyed it.

I was really impressed with how much I knew. I guess hangin' around y'all has paid off! ;)

Well, I just wanted to let my TGT friends know. I will mail my packet early next week and then the waiting begins. :banghead:

2. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Congrats. I got mine last week. Sent the packet in Feb of 08 (not a typo).

3. Old Man of the Mountain

Old Man of the Mountain Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Congratulations!

Send the packet signature required so that you know for certain that they received it. Someone told me it might get processed faster if they have to sign for it too.

If your back ground is good and squeaky clean, that will help too.

A neighbor of mine and I took the class together, and I mailed both our packets down at the local post office, but my license came in a lot sooner than his did.

Hope you get your license soon!

4. Starker

Starker Active Member

Thanks!

WOW! February of '08. I've never heard of it taking that long.

Yeah, my background is pretty squeaky, and I've lived in the same county and worked for the same employer for the past five years. Hopefully, that will reduce the DPS footwork involved. :happy0001:

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    DO NOT MAIL IT SIGNATURE REQUIRED! Send it regular first class mail, if you send it signature required it might actually get delayed because it gos into a seperate office and might not get processed as fast....

6. Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Congrats on the class Starker!

I'm headed in for my 2nd renewal class here later this month.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Grats.

What do you plan on packing?

8. Starker

Starker Active Member

Thanks, DD. I did not know that. I can just request a tracking number. That should accomplish the same thing. I just want to know it got there.

I have a Glock 19 that I have used for practice and qualification. It is my only handgun right now. I will see how well it carries and go from there.

D, do you carry? If so, what do you carry?

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Just my Love Gun atm. I'm thinking I'll end up carrying a S&W 642. I'm normally in my work clothes, jeans and work boots, and keep my shirt tucked in. My day to day includes loading my truck, squeezing into tight spaces, bending, climbing ladders, etc..

If I wore regular work clothes, I'd carry a 3" Kimber. Those things are sweet.

10. Starker

Starker Active Member

Yeah, atm I cannot carry at work. I work at Texas Tech University. Although, if my senator (Robert Duncan) will get off of his duff and let SB 1164 out of committee, I might be able to in the future.

Yeah, those are pretty sweet!