• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Trump start a 3rd party and run as its candidate for president?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.0%
    • No

Votes: 27 54.0%
    • If he wants the Dems to win in perpetuity

Votes: 28 56.0%
    • There are better candidates

Votes: 5 10.0%
    • Trumps time has passed

Votes: 16 32.0%
    • Nationally, more than 2 major parties ensure the worst possible outcome.

Votes: 10 20.0%
    • The more the better, let's cobble together ruling coalitions.

Votes: 1 2.0%
    • 2 strong parties allow clear choices.

Votes: 2 4.0%
    • Our system isnt perfect but it's better than a president with only 12 percent of the vote.

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Was cleaning out the storage shed a few weeks ago and ran across an old Perot bumper sticker. Yes I too was dazzled by his charts and swept up in his plain language.
    One of the things that attracted me to Perot, was he was a businessman, instead of a politician. I thought he had some solid ideas on getting the economy going in the right direction. Where I felt he was weak, was foreign policy, but with the right people I felt he could overcome that deficit.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Was cleaning out the storage shed a few weeks ago and ran across an old Perot bumper sticker. Yes I too was dazzled by his charts and swept up in his plain language.
    Well Larry, in Texas we have saying, “Measure twice and cut once.”

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Big oofs. I voted for Trump twice, 'no regerts' there - but he's done. There are better candidates for that office at this point - Trump lit a fire within the GOP that they didn't like, but it brought people to the Republican party and pushed the Dems to reveal their true selves more.

He should sit back, maybe make campaign appearances where invited, and let the next generation take up the mantle and NOT pull a Ross Perot. A Trump lead third party would be a lock for another generation of Demon-crat rule and the complete unsalvageable destruction of the United States as a Republic. I'm not convinced we haven't already reached that tipping point, socially - but we don't need another Trump candidacy. Right now I like Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem. A combined DeSantis-Noem ticket would be the tits.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Big oofs. I voted for Trump twice, 'no regerts' there - but he's done. There are better candidates for that office at this point - Trump lit a fire within the GOP that they didn't like, but it brought people to the Republican party and pushed the Dems to reveal their true selves more.

He should sit back, maybe make campaign appearances where invited, and let the next generation take up the mantle and NOT pull a Ross Perot. A Trump lead third party would be a lock for another generation of Demon-crat rule and the complete unsalvageable destruction of the United States as a Republic. I'm not convinced we haven't already reached that tipping point, socially - but we don't need another Trump candidacy. Right now I like Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem. A combined DeSantis-Noem ticket would be the tits.
    1636486393560.jpeg

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I decided not to vote as the original poll was so skewed to the left. Same old tired sh** about 3td parties

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Were it not for a dumb joke about rape. Ross Perot IMHO had a chance. Dems liked him cause he was not a repurb. Repurbs liked him because he was quite a badass. He was known to take care of his own
    I think that was Clayton Williams losing to Ann Richards in Texas Governors race.

ETA, should have scrolled down a little further, lol.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    While I do think we do need a 3rd, or even a 4th party as alternatives to a two-party system of governing our country.

But trying to start one towards the beginning of a campaign, not long before a national election, is not a good idea IMO.

IMO, I think the only viable way a 3rd party would work, is building up and becoming credible and a legitimate option for voters. I think it would have to build up from local and state levels first, and could be years in the making before it could even happen at the national level.

It would require that all members were working from the same playbook as well and have strong beliefs and a commitment to the same causes and issues. What I see among most "libertarians" and "independents" now is all over the place and no common sense of values.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    IMHO we don't need more parties, we need fewer, as in none.

We need accountability from the people we elect to represent us but they aren't beholden to the people that put them there, instead they claim their place at the trough and answer to "the Party".

Our founding fathers warned of government reaching critical mass and discarding the pretenses of representation. They likewise prescribed a remedy...

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Whether Trump runs again or not, "Trumpism" is still a viable winning platform. I would like to see Trump do what Dick Cheney did.

Trump could be the tichilary head of a "new" Republican party and push forward someone like DeSantis maybe? Then, after a long search for VP advise, name himself as VP. As long as he gets his own comms out direct to the people, I think things will go his way in the White House.

It would be interesting to see which Republican Reps and Senators jump on the bandwagon in the next two years.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    So far Trump is the best person to try and fix the country. Perhaps DeSantis too. However, if he does get in, which I doubt, he should come out swinging and take no prisoners. Fire all these left scumbags immediately and lock up anyone who committed a crime. There!
    I feel like Trump will do this if back in office.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    First, I was dazzled by Mr. Perot's charts. Lordy! I LOVE charts. Second, keep in mind the original article was written by a source in the media (author was an ABC minion) and I personally take what was written with a grain of salt. I disliked and continue to dislike Trump BUT I would vote for him again as he was effective and did much of what he said he would do... except have HRC locked up. Was annoyed that she and her cohorts were never held accountable for their crimes.
    Unfortunately, Trump had to rely on the Justice Department to prosecute HRC and whoever else..

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So far Trump is the best person to try and fix the country. Perhaps DeSantis too. However, if he does get in, which I doubt, he should come out swinging and take no prisoners. Fire all these left scumbags immediately and lock up anyone who committed a crime. There!
    You really don't have a clue as to how things work in the real world, do you?

You can't just lock up anyone who committed a crime, unless you can prove they committed the crime. Umm....innocent until proven guilty. Does that ring a bell?

Trump should have cleaned his house as soon as he had taken the oath of office. That IMO was his biggest failure.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I guarantee you all you dont want presidents putting anyone in jail. Nor stopping investigations. Yes I know shit happens and our system gets manipulated but law enforcement needs to be as separated as possible from the whims of buffoons or crazies.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I guarantee you all you dont want presidents putting anyone in jail. Nor stopping investigations. Yes I know shit happens and our system gets manipulated but law enforcement needs to be as separated as possible from the whims of buffoons or crazies.
    And one of the very things Trump was accused of many times of doing, when in fact he never did. Many talked of how he tried to shut down the Mueller investigation, but that never happened. Over and done with, they found nothing on Trump.

And who did actually try to shut down, or re-direct an investigation and actually fired people? Well that would have been Nixon and the Watergate investigation.

Top Bottom