cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Really wonder why he stopped.

Not enough Russian troops joining him?

Did not like the taste of Russian airpower?

A little strange.
    About as far as I'm willing to go with conspiracy theories is this was planned by putin to either:

1) Generate an excuse to back out of Ukriane

2) Place Wagner in Belarus to draw ZSU forces towards Kyiv and away from the front

I cannot think of anything the Belarusian leader could offer Prigozhin to have gotten him to stop. After what Prigozhin said about putin, I struggle to believe putin will be willing to just let it be water under the bridge.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    See, there you go, anybody who speaks ill of shitler is "left".
    Funny how millions of former republicans are now to be considered "left".
    Should we start a list of former highly regarded conservatives who fail to see the kings new clothes?
    What the **** are you rambling about and how does it have to do with the Ukriane conflict?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Let's hope it's the first option. Putin has shown the world how vulnerable the country is. Putin basically stated in his last address the reality - they're now fighting for the survival of Russia. If they feared a 25k force could topple Moscow, there is nothing left. Sure, they could fire off a nuke or two, but the end result would remain the same. Russia would end up belonging to someone else.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Let's hope it's the first option. Putin has shown the world how vulnerable the country is. Putin basically stated in his last address the reality - they're now fighting for the survival of Russia. If they feared a 25k force could topple Moscow, there is nothing left. Sure, they could fire off a nuke or two, but the end result would remain the same. Russia would end up belonging to someone else.
    I think it showed how fully committed russia is in Ukraine AND how unstable putin's regime is, contrary to what some here have said.

I was particularly surprised at the lack of air power responding. A few helicopters isn't much of a much...

The largest city russia has captured in this war is the russian city of Rostov-on-Don...

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    About as far as I'm willing to go with conspiracy theories is this was planned by putin to either:

1) Generate an excuse to back out of Ukriane

2) Place Wagner in Belarus to draw ZSU forces towards Kyiv and away from the front

I cannot think of anything the Belarusian leader could offer Prigozhin to have gotten him to stop. After what Prigozhin said about putin, I struggle to believe putin will be willing to just let it be water under the bridge.

I have trouble with this being "staged" due to the number of aircraft Wagner took down. But I could be wrong.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I have trouble with this being "staged" due to the number of aircraft Wagner took down. But I could be wrong.
    I'm with you... AND I don't see what putin would gain by looking even weaker than he already did.

But for the sake of argument...

It was only 3 helicopters (iirc) wagner shot down. They could have flown in SU-25 AND KA-52 (both cool af aircraft) from just about anywhere in russia and laid waste (assuming they have the capability) to the column, but instead there seemed to only be a few half-hearted efforts to stop them by digging a few ditched and a few dump trucks across the road.

It's just odd.
    Had Prigozhin followed through, I'd have a lot fewer questions. He and putin have been buddies for years, so neither probably wanted to really have a showdown. Prigozhin initially asked mostly for a few generals to step down, then putin and the FSB said it was treason and Prigozhin said they could go too. Maybe he really is satisfied with the generals gone and putins promise to forgive... time will tell

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm with you... AND I don't see what putin would gain by looking even weaker than he already did.

But for the sake of argument...

It was only 3 helicopters (iirc) wagner shot down. They could have flown in SU-25 AND KA-52 (both cool af aircraft) from just about anywhere in russia and laid waste (assuming they have the capability) to the column, but instead there seemed to only be a few half-hearted efforts to stop them by digging a few ditched and a few dump trucks across the road.

It's just odd.
    Had Prigozhin followed through, I'd have a lot fewer questions. He and putin have been buddies for years, so neither probably wanted to really have a showdown. Prigozhin initially asked mostly for a few generals to step down, then putin and the FSB said it was treason and Prigozhin said they could go too. Maybe he really is satisfied with the generals gone and putins promise to forgive... time will tell

WSJ is reporting six Russian helicopters and an IL-22 airborne command-center plane, killing 13 airmen.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I’ve wondered if the recent changes in “WAGNER” were CIA-induced ?
    Just about every major revolt is sponsored by the CIA. I learned as a young Infantryman, our job was to hunt down the monsters our CIA installed. Noriega, Saddam, Gaddafi, Bin Ladin, and dozens of other names most don’t know in Africa and South America. That’s just during my 22 years of service.
    Wagner’s leadership spent a good amount of time in Africa, where we spent a lot of time and money that is overlooked by most. I don’t know if there is a country our CIA is not influencing picking future leaders. Granted Russia and China are hard for us to have any real influence on. We always have foreign groups we can fund and arm to kill others.

If people think Russia meddled in our elections, they must be clueless to how much we meddle in elections, including the 2005 election’s in Iraq among many others. “influence” might be how our CIA classifies it. America sure invested a lot in Ukraine…

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Just about every major revolt is sponsored by the CIA. I learned as a young Infantryman, our job was to hunt down the monsters our CIA installed. Noriega, Saddam, Gaddafi, Bin Ladin, and dozens of other names most don’t know in Africa and South America. That’s just during my 22 years of service.
    Wagner’s leadership spent a good amount of time in Africa, where we spent a lot of time and money that is overlooked by most. I don’t know if there is a country our CIA is not influencing picking future leaders. Granted Russia and China are hard for us to have any real influence on. We always have foreign groups we can fund and arm to kill others.

If people think Russia meddled in our elections, they must be clueless to how much we meddle in elections, including the 2005 election’s in Iraq among many others. “influence” might be how our CIA classifies it. America sure invested a lot in Ukraine…
    <>

Understood & Thanks.

<>

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Dunno. You may be giving today's CIA too much credit.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    WSJ is reporting six Russian helicopters and an IL-22 airborne command-center plane, killing 13 airmen.
    Let me clarify: that was a Ilyushin Il-22PP, a variant/further development of the Ilyushin 18, airborne command post plane:

1687736847431.png

Not the 1947 experimental jet bomber of which one prototype was built

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

Odd that Russia had no clue, but America knew. Unless America was in on it. But then we are always shocked and use these events to maximize propaganda and push for more funding and equipment as it’s a sign… a sign it was by design.
    • June 24, 2023

American intelligence officials briefed senior military and administration officials on Wednesday that Yevgeny Prigozhin, the leader of the mercenary Wagner Group, was preparing to take military action against senior Russian defense officials, according to officials familiar with the matter.
    U.S. spy agencies had indications days earlier that Mr. Prigozhin was planning something and worked to refine that material into a finished assessment, officials said.
    The information shows that the United States was aware of impending events in Russia, similar to how intelligence agencies had warned in late 2021 that Vladimir V. Putin was planning to invade Ukraine.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    While it could be the CIA was involved, "The CIA" seems too often used as the easy out and prevents evaluating people's internal motives akin to saying "it was the Illuminati" and risks missing lessons that could be used to predict, prevent and prepare for future events.

If I relate it to American elections, while I 100% believe there was tampering and rigging that got biden into the oval office, if every loss is attributed to "rigged" elections I will never learn and it is simply an excuse for my mistakes.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Ukraine is attempting to solidify their hold of the southern side of the Antonovsky bridge in Kherson (Херсон). Here is the russian take. They are calling for air support via Telegram... guess their radios don't work or they are hoping to get some attention.
    396027fd2bfbd0295add1ed50840016f.jpg
    27626c21668f6b8699f16007e9cfa716.jpg

eb630d4b4955a42d64ccf2c3fd5f4b37.jpg

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Cia can't pay the people to feel this way... this was an internally motivated move and given the generalship of Shugio and the other guy, I can see why.

Watch this! An interview with Prigozhin saying Moscow doesn't want to give more ammo because maybe he will attack Moscow.

t.me/liveukraine_media/10811

Here is some minor analysis.
    71dca83793b3dae16942d625add01c39.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom