• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Yeah, that' 0.37% (not 37%, 37 one-hundredths of one percent) of the GDP is just going to destroy our economy. That's basically the equivalent of a rounding error on any entitlement program or the fucking Build Waste Better crap they passed.
    Cut off funding for all of the free stuff going to the illegal invaders and we could triple our support for Ukraine.
    Target Sports

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Or all the subsidies going to "renewable" energy projects that never produce as much energy as promised (if they produce any at all - Solindra, anyone?)...
    Excellent point. Everytime I drive through the turbine farm, between Mexia and Waco, and 3/4 of them aren't producing a single watt...... what a joke.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yeah, that' 0.37% (not 37%, 37 one-hundredths of one percent) of the GDP is just going to destroy our economy. That's basically the equivalent of a rounding error on any entitlement program or the fucking Build Waste Better crap they passed.
    Build back broke is a seperate issue. Just because that’s a waste of tax payer dollars doesn’t mean the proxy war spending should be ignored, or accepted.

Cut off funding for all of the free stuff going to the illegal invaders and we could triple our support for Ukraine.
    or we could just cut off both since we don’t have the money to pay for either of them.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    This proxy war that is crushing the imperialist Russian thugs is a bargain, and American troops aren’t getting killed.
    Pretty good investment.
    Too bad FJB won’t use our military to shut off the illegal invasion at out own borders.
    Maybe DeSantis will.
    Another term and biden will have American soldiers in Ukraine.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    This proxy war that is crushing the imperialist Russian thugs is a bargain, and American troops aren’t getting killed.
    Pretty good investment.
    Too bad FJB won’t use our military to shut off the illegal invasion at out own borders.
    Maybe DeSantis will.
    You keep saying that but it doesn’t mean what you think it does. People thought beanie babies were a good investment though too, so it doesn’t surprise me when people don’t know a good investment from bad.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This is pretty cool...

Old and new together
    d99d0a50c0346fb403392421d4bf71a5.jpg
    7fdd89e5a3e4947e6bdaef39df4ba43f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You keep saying that but it doesn’t mean what you think it does. People thought beanie babies were a good investment though too, so it doesn’t surprise me when people don’t know a good investment from bad.
    You keep saying that yet present no facts to support your position and when pressed or presented with facts unfavorable to your position, you disappear and change topics and start over again.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

What the **** are you even talking about? Beanie babies? But you say massive government spending programs are a 'separate issue' to the miniscule funding Ukraine gets?

Beanie babies? That's a real good parallel to people dying. How fucking ignorant.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You keep saying that yet present no facts to support your position and when pressed or presented with facts unfavorable to your position, you disappear and change topics and start over again.

What would you like me to support my position with? You haven’t presented anything unfavorable to my opinion, but I do remember you getting real quiet a couple days ago after you posted a graph about european spending that didn’t actually support your argument.
    What the **** are you even talking about? Beanie babies? But you say massive government spending programs are a 'separate issue' to the miniscule funding Ukraine gets?

Beanie babies? That's a real good parallel to people dying. How fucking ignorant.

Yes. Build back broke is a seperate issue. Believe it or not, one can be against both.

I like how you focus on me using a stuffed animal as an example when the point of my post was about human behavior.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    What would you like me to support my position with? You haven’t presented anything unfavorable to my opinion, but I do remember you getting real quiet a couple days ago after you posted a graph about european spending that didn’t actually support your argument.

Aside from the fact that the graph absolutely refuted your bullshit, it's not up to anyone to disprove every fanciful claim you make. You need to present proof.

And yes, your beanie babies analogy was asinine and too irrelevant to even call 'apples to oranges". Meanwhile profligate government spending is quite relevant to your bitching and moaning about the .03% being spent on Ukraine...because it shows you're not actually worried about government waste, you just don't like that we're helping another country fight Russia's ambitions.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Aside from the fact that the graph absolutely refuted your bullshit, it's not up to anyone to disprove every fanciful claim you make. You need to present proof.

And yes, your beanie babies analogy was asinine and too irrelevant to even call 'apples to oranges". Meanwhile profligate government spending is quite relevant to your bitching and moaning about the .03% being spent on Ukraine...because it shows you're not actually worried about government waste, you just don't like that we're helping another country fight Russia's ambitions.
    The graph showed that the majority of Europe is not spending anywhere close to what the US is as a percentage of GDP, which is what I have said all along, and a few in this thread have argued against. Since we are spending more than 12x what you suggested in this post, maybe that’s why you think everyone is spending more than we are. But regardless of the reason for you being wrong, you’re still wrong.

The beanie baby reference was perfect. I appreciate you for providing yourself as an example of how so many people take in information and fail to be able to separate what is important from what is not. I can use other failed investments if you’d like, but the point remains unchanged. People saying something is a good investment doesn’t make it so, no matter how confident they are in their claim.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    As most everyone knows, most of the old war materiel we have given Ukraine is sunk costs and was expensive to keep in storage.
    Our investment in helping them crush the vicious war criminal invaders is similar to the aid we gave the Brits in WW2 and of course the postwar Marshall Plan which was a resounding success.
    Damn good thing FDR did.
    Rogue Russia must be isolated from the western world and contained there until they evolve into a civilized country instead of the nuke-armed 3rd world bully they have openly demonstrated to be.
    Of course most of the freeloading NATO nations have been given a wake-up call and are ramping up their defense budgets as a result of Russia’s imperialist aggression and Putler’s announced agenda to restore the Russian/Soviet empire by force of arms.
    Their genocide tactics in the attempt to erase the Ukraine culture is publicly stated by Putin’s nasty mouthpieces constantly. That thugocracy is like the worst Mexican cartel on steroids…with nukes.
    Without nukes they are just another 3rd world shithole.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom