• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Not rhetorical. I understand how they benefit. I am genuinely interested in what Ukraine has to offer. This directly affects people's openess to accepting them. At least it does to me. I'm not big on th emotional aspect of it being a feel good story.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Ukraine has shown to be a professional military that is generally well led. One of Ukraine's perks as russia invaded last year was not having any foreign obligations, all the defense budget went to their defense, but I think it is clear once russia has been pushed back and the war is "over" that Ukraine could offer other NATO countries substantial assistance should the need arise.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Ukraine has shown to be a professional military that is generally well led. One of Ukraine's perks as russia invaded last year was not having any foreign obligations, all the defense budget went to their defense, but I think it is clear once russia has been pushed back and the war is "over" that Ukraine could offer other NATO countries substantial assistance should the need arise.

I can see value in that. I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers. This thread is about as involved as I get with the Ukraine war. I genuinely don't know much about it. That's why I ask.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The way they are fighting, I would not mind having them on my side if it hits the fan.
    Buffer state is the name of the game for Europe.
    Good thing they are finally waking up to Putin’s fascist imperialism.
    After he “annexed“ the Crimea & Donbas regions, it was a terrible mistake for Obama and NATO to sit there with their thumbs up their collective butts.
    That inaction emboldened Putler to carry out this Special 3 Day operation which has now reached 500 days.
    As a result of this massive blunder and Zelensky‘s steel balls, Putin has accomplished the near impossible - persuading Sweden & Finland to join NATO, reducing the Russian army to 2nd place in Ukraine, galvanized the increases in Europe’s military budgets, and has ruined Russia’s economy for at least a generation.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Of course you are aware that some of the NATO countries are ramping up their defense budgets as a result of this current Russian aggression?
    Trump’s tantrum didn’t inspire them to move, but reality has hitthe lazy in the face since Feb. 24th of last year:
    i am aware that the requirement was made long before this war and even through last year most counties were not meeting that requirement. Reality hitting them in the face last year doesn’t make it our emergency.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Not rhetorical. I understand how they benefit. I am genuinely interested in what Ukraine has to offer. This directly affects people's openess to accepting them. At least it does to me. I'm not big on th emotional aspect of it being a feel good story.

It just comes down to strength in numbers, which is great…if everyone can be counted on to pull their weight.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Buffer state is the name of the game for Europe.
    Good thing they are finally waking up to Putin’s fascist imperialism.
    After he “annexed“ the Crimea & Donbas regions, it was a terrible mistake for Obama and NATO to sit there with their thumbs up their collective butts.
    That inaction emboldened Putler to carry out this Special 3 Day operation which has now reached 500 days.
    As a result of this massive blunder and Zelensky‘s steel balls, Putin has accomplished the near impossible - persuading Sweden & Finland to join NATO, reducing the Russian army to 2nd place in Ukraine, galvanized the increases in Europe’s military budgets, and has ruined Russia’s economy for at least a generation.
    I would not be surprised if, after this finishes playing out, the ruzzian "federation" falling apart is another putler accomplishment. Megalomaniac wanted to rebuild the ruzzian empire, he's going to put it on the ash heap of history.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    While in theory I agree but in reality I have never been in any situation where everyone pulled their weight. There are always slackers.

Yep! And that’s why I’m not much in favor of nato when it really comes down to it.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Yep! And that’s why I’m not much in favor of nato when it really comes down to it.
    I see your point but if I based everything in my life around pulling equal weight I wouldn't have a gf, kids, pets and would have to find solo work. It's possible to do but not likely for me. I just accept that fact that I will have to do extra in order to get things done and the things I want.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I can see value in that. I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers. This thread is about as involved as I get with the Ukraine war. I genuinely don't know much about it. That's why I ask.

And its why I try to answer... hope I didnt come across as miffed.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    While in theory I agree but in reality I have never been in any situation where everyone pulled their weight. There are always slackers.

True, but in the case of Ukriane I think they have been shown to be anything but slackers. I think you can see who the slackers are when you look at how little a couple of NATO member states have contributed relative to their defense budget (france mostly comes to mind)

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    True, but in the case of Ukriane I think they have been shown to be anything but slackers. I think you can see who the slackers are when you look at how little a couple of NATO member states have contributed relative to their defense budget (france mostly comes to mind)

You'd think twice in one century woulda motivated them a little more. I'm surprised those dumbasses aren't rebuilding the Maginot Line and sitting on their butts.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Ukraine is dissappointed that NATO didn't set a time frame or any 'framework'. for joining NATO. We are supplying Ukaine hardware just as we did for W .Eurpoe before US was attacked. Now the tricky part is Ru doesn't want the 'war' to be over soon as Ukraine could get into NATO. Which would directly block Ru desire to expand. Same as Vietnam and China situation, but no NATO involved there, just the Asia pact.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    And its why I try to answer... hope I didnt come across as miffed.

I have read your posts and I understand you have an affinity for Ukraine. Eveyone has things that they are passionate about. I appreciate this thread having multiple sides to discussion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom