• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Update: ATV is still sitting at the shop outside.

I asked the owner during yesterday's 0600 staff meeting (BS session ;)) what the status was and it's still for sale @ $250. After reiterating some of the above details, I said for $100 I'd take care of the problem for him. He mentioned having one potential buyer @ $250 but didn't seem optimistic so I won't be surprised if I end up with it.

Welp, I bought it! General consensus among some friends is the engine is not damaged but rather needs fluids and to be run gently until things free up again.

Bottom line for $100 initially, I'll make it work and have a cheap toy or, we'll have something else at the next Hicksville.

Win ...... win :popcorn:

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Welp, I bought it! General consensus among some friends is the engine is not damaged but rather needs fluids and to be run gently until things free up again.

Bottom line for $100 initially, I'll make it work and have a cheap toy or, we'll have something else at the next Hicksville. Win ...... win :popcorn:

I love little projects like that. I have two in my backyard that I honestly expected two years out of. Had them for 6 now, and most of those with my teenaged son driving like he stole it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Pro tip.
    If you buy new tires for it, pay someone to put them on the rims.
    I did it myself once. Never again!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Mechanics comes 1st but in case it's a keeper, the racks are fiberglass and have deteriorated. How can I seal them so I'm not getting fibers in my skin? I was thinking of a clear urathane but have never worked with it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Mechanics comes 1st but in case it's a keeper, the racks are fiberglass and have deteriorated. How can I seal them so I'm not getting fibers in my skin? I was thinking of a clear urathane but have never worked with it.

I painted mine. I think I put on three coats of paint. I did a camo paint job with leaves from my backyard.

I actually painted mine first thing to protect it, to make my wife less bitchy about the "ugly machines" in our yard and because they looked like crap. I then started on the mechanical part. I had a ton of parts to order and replace (mostly brake related), but the motors both ran.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom