• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Update: ATV is still sitting at the shop outside.

I asked the owner during yesterday's 0600 staff meeting (BS session ;)) what the status was and it's still for sale @ $250. After reiterating some of the above details, I said for $100 I'd take care of the problem for him. He mentioned having one potential buyer @ $250 but didn't seem optimistic so I won't be surprised if I end up with it.

Welp, I bought it! General consensus among some friends is the engine is not damaged but rather needs fluids and to be run gently until things free up again.

Bottom line for $100 initially, I'll make it work and have a cheap toy or, we'll have something else at the next Hicksville.

Win ...... win :popcorn:

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Welp, I bought it! General consensus among some friends is the engine is not damaged but rather needs fluids and to be run gently until things free up again.

Bottom line for $100 initially, I'll make it work and have a cheap toy or, we'll have something else at the next Hicksville. Win ...... win :popcorn:

I love little projects like that. I have two in my backyard that I honestly expected two years out of. Had them for 6 now, and most of those with my teenaged son driving like he stole it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Pro tip.
    If you buy new tires for it, pay someone to put them on the rims.
    I did it myself once. Never again!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Mechanics comes 1st but in case it's a keeper, the racks are fiberglass and have deteriorated. How can I seal them so I'm not getting fibers in my skin? I was thinking of a clear urathane but have never worked with it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Mechanics comes 1st but in case it's a keeper, the racks are fiberglass and have deteriorated. How can I seal them so I'm not getting fibers in my skin? I was thinking of a clear urathane but have never worked with it.

I painted mine. I think I put on three coats of paint. I did a camo paint job with leaves from my backyard.

I actually painted mine first thing to protect it, to make my wife less bitchy about the "ugly machines" in our yard and because they looked like crap. I then started on the mechanical part. I had a ton of parts to order and replace (mostly brake related), but the motors both ran.

Top Bottom