• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don't buy a motorcycle from CAM! But other than that I know many who have been happy with the V-Star, but I would certainly follow Grasshopper's suggestion. It is a 16 year old bike, so look it over good.
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    37K is not a lot of mileage for a 2002, that's just around 2300 miles a year; and as stated most cruisers are not ridden very hard so unless there is evidence of abuse or neglect I would say it is a sound bike.

That said, he is high on his price. I would offer $1800 but wouldn't go anywhere above two grand. Your timing is horrible, the weather is turning nice and Spring is traditionally when people get the most when selling a motorcycle; but since it appears your GF wants to go riding now you really don't have much choice in the matter! :p

Cheers! M2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If I got my hands on a VStar. I'd Bob it out. Something along these lines,

Vstar-1100-5.jpg

Candy Apple,

Yamaha-V-Star-650-Bobber-Side-Shot.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    $40k for a bike with an 11 yr old used motor.

You could do the same look for a fraction of the $. Everything but the swing arm. They got a movie contract so somebody is buying them or they'd be out of business.

$40,000 big ones. Half the cost of a decent house.

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    Yes, but the Harley will still be worth more.

Ofcourse, there's also that old question - "What does H/D stand for?" ......... a Hundred Dollars.

Nothing on it costs less that that....... I owned 3 of 'em in my life, (unfortunately for me AMF made 'em back then) and now I ride a Vulcan Nomad, hydraulic clutch, (no more broken clutch cables - make a few 50 mile trips home thru Houston traffic up 59 north from Gulfgate with no clutch a couple times and see how much fun that is...), shaft-drive, (no more busted chains or maintenance as ya always had to have 2, if you are smart, with one soaking in 90weight to extend the life of sprockets and the chain itself and yea belts ain't much better if they break 300 miles from home) and best of all "water-cooled", (so no more 'blistered' legs 'cus I got hug up in Houston traffic, damn'd "Siamese" pipes on the "original" '79 H/D Sportster, they name "Roadster" burned holes in ever pair of jeans I owned until I put dragpipes on it, see that old AMF POS here).
    upload_2018-3-8_11-49-0.jpeg

The only thing this bike did well was "wheelies", ya could ride'em thru high gear ("after" I had the damn'd thing re-carb'd, cam'd and teaked to the tune of several Ks outta my own pocket - she was screamer until around 20k miles and by then the engine was "toast")

Now the Vulcan Nomads on the other hand w/Vance and Hines Bagger pipes on it - 90% of folks think it's a Harley and I don't have to spend all my time wrenchin on it. I owned the original "greenie" '99 (which I gave to my dad, after I completely went thru the motor myself as it had 80k hard miles on it, when I bought the '05 I now ride). Coyote air kit, Gorilla clutch, TFI controller, "coaster" kit, most of the same tweaks I'd done to the original Green Nomad, i did to the '05 after the 500 mile service as performance suck'd and when tuned/tweak'd right, the stock clutch is an issue, she'll run a hundred to 120 all-day long everday without leaving parts strewn along the roadway behind ya......., somethin H/Ds have been known to do.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've thought about a Harley. Since I can't leave things alone. I'd end up pulling $3000 in parts off the bike to hang on the garage wall. Enough to buy a second metric bike that's fuel injected and water cooled. Pull the fenders and plastic off the metric and it's $200 of nothing special.

I'm out on Harley when I saw a box of junk parts at the pawn for $100. Air cleaner cover and couple of turn signals. Chain guard. It was the biggest pile of crap and they wanted an entire $100 Bill for it. Screw that.

vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    You'll have him building a show bike if you keep it up.
    right now i just want something to get me back on the road.
    Yes, but the Harley will still be worth more.
    Just out of curiousity, how do you feel about Indian bikes? I was super big on H-D and then stumbled across an indian and was like omg its perfect.

I really dont care what I end up with, atleast yet. Water cooled would be cool, so would fuel injected. But that seems out of my budget

What do yall think of this?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom