Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've thought about a Harley.
    So have I. My mom learned to ride on a Hydra Glide. When I came home, as a kid, on a Suzuki GR650, she shed a tear. She told me "If I had known you were really serious about buying a bike, I would have found the money to get you a Harley!"

With some people, emotion cannot be overcome.

BTW - That Suzuki turned out to be a great bike and my mom turned out to be the best passenger I ever carried. She never liked the bike but she liked that I was riding.

Then again, I probably didn't have a sufficiently sober mindset to be riding. One Sunday when we were working overtime, some of us employees needed a break. We got it by propping open the doors to a federal building so I could ride the bike through the building. Management wasn't too happy about that; thank God that was before they installed video surveillance in the building.

Mercy, I was a dummy back in my early 20s. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    right now i just want something to get me back on the road.

Just out of curiousity, how do you feel about Indian bikes? I was super big on H-D and then stumbled across an indian and was like omg its perfect.

I really dont care what I end up with, atleast yet. Water cooled would be cool, so would fuel injected. But that seems out of my budget

What do yall think of this?

Savage title. The seller says it wasn't crashed. A beam through the engine is a crash no matter how much he trys to explain it away. Resale value falls to $hit with a title that's says salvaged.

Last edited:

vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    Savage title. The seller says it wasn't crashed. A beam through the engine is a crash no matter how much he trays to explain it away. Resale value falls to $hit with a salvage title.
    Yeah, I wasnt sure. I don't really plan to resale. But i suppose I should try to take that into consideration

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Or take the dang vstar the gf is still pushing at me.
    You should be thankful that she wants a bike instead of something boring like a rock for her finger.

You've been given some good advice on what to offer the guy. Show up with cash in hand. It's hard to turn down the offer when they see the wad of cash.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    right now i just want something to get me back on the road.

Just out of curiousity, how do you feel about Indian bikes? I was super big on H-D and then stumbled across an indian and was like omg its perfect.

I really dont care what I end up with, atleast yet. Water cooled would be cool, so would fuel injected. But that seems out of my budget

What do yall think of this?
    As far as worth, I was talking resale value. Mine is too high because I have no intentions of selling. I like the older Indians and many features of the newer Indians. I test rode a new Indian (Vintage) a couple years ago and found that I was saying to myself that if I were to get one I would need to change several things to suit my tastes. The look was nice but the changes would cost several thousands, which added to the cost of a new one would be too much in my opinion.

My dad had a '49 1360 Indian Chief and I certainly would love to have that, but again the cost of one in great condition would be too much for me. It's more of a nostalgia thing then something I would want to ride on a daily or long distance rides. Same could be said for the old Harleys. For myself I am a Harley snob, but I am not the type to look down on others for what they ride.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Theres a few sport bikes that's popped up recently. That's reasonable priced and low miles. I want a Yamaha. It'll be another project. Stripped down with all the flairing removed. Polished frame and swing arm. Street fighter set up on the handle bars. Custom seat.

Hmmm. I want one.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I recently got rid of my CBR1000RR Repsol as I wasn't riding nor was I likely to ever do so again. The Jeep has pretty much killed any aspirations I had to ride sport bikes again. I still have my sport-touring bike, a 1991 ST1100; but it is in need of some serious maintenance to get it roadworthy again.

I have a bud who picked up a Honda Grom, one of those little 125cc Motard-looking bikes, and loves it. It can't go anywhere fast but it has sparked my interest. As I've stated before, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is a fast bike slow. Plus, these little suckers don't take up a lot of room in the garage and if they need to go to the shop, you can toss 'em in the back of a pick-up!

I've seen a few on Craigslist that are tempting, but I am still not sure if I want to get back into motorcycles. I've known two guys who were killed on bikes in the past year or so. The risk is a deterrent and given I can get almost the same open air experience from the Jeep (albeit at a more reasonable speed) I don't feel extremely compelled to get bike into motorcycling. The Jeep provides all of the adventure I need, and I can take the wife and boys along for the ride!

Cheers! M2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I recently got rid of my CBR1000RR Repsol as I wasn't riding nor was I likely to ever do so again. The Jeep has pretty much killed any aspirations I had to ride sport bikes again. I still have my sport-touring bike, a 1991 ST1100; but it is in need of some serious maintenance to get it roadworthy again.

I have a bud who picked up a Honda Grom, one of those little 125cc Motard-looking bikes, and loves it. It can't go anywhere fast but it has sparked my interest. As I've stated before, it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is a fast bike slow. Plus, these little suckers don't take up a lot of room in the garage and if they need to go to the shop, you can toss 'em in the back of a pick-up!

I've seen a few on Craigslist that are tempting, but I am still not sure if I want to get back into motorcycles. I've known two guys who were killed on bikes in the past year or so. The risk is a deterrent and given I can get almost the same open air experience from the Jeep (albeit at a more reasonable speed) I don't feel extremely compelled to get bike into motorcycling. The Jeep provides all of the adventure I need, and I can take the wife and boys along for the ride!

Cheers! M2

I enjoy customizing the bike more then riding it. I'm looking at a Yamaha R1. 1000cc rocket. I'm never going to ride past 80mph. No wheelie or other crazy stuff. Majority of time riding will be in under 50mph. It's all about the look of the bike. If it looks like you do it. People will think you do it. When you don't.

All I want to do is work on it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Then buy a Harley....

I want a dyna glide. Any decent condition of bike is $8000-$10,000 grand. I can spend $1500 on a Japanese bike and have something slick. Engines besides the dated V-Twin. Some of the metric engines are gorgeous. 4 cylinder monsters. Marvel of engineering.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I want a dyna glide. Any decent condition of bike is $8000-$10,000 grand. I can spend $1500 on a Japanese bike and have something slick. Engines besides the dated V-Twin. Some of the metric engines are gorgeous. 4 cylinder monsters. Marvel of engineering.

Agreed.
    Only said that as a joke.
    You stated that you liked to work on them...

Top Bottom