• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xd.40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    dallas tx
    When i watched that movie (and others like it) i cant help but notice: revolvers shooting 10-15 times without a reload shotguns and semi's going well over the shot count it should before a reload. lol that just messes up a movie for me, because i got to try and convince myself "ITS JUST A MOVIE." :twin::laughing:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    When i watched that movie (and others like it) i cant help but notice: revolvers shooting 10-15 times without a reload shotguns and semi's going well over the shot count it should before a reload. lol that just messes up a movie for me, because i got to try and convince myself "ITS JUST A MOVIE." :twin::laughing:

sucks to be you then! That means you can't watch hardly any movie! lol

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Did anyone see the movie "The Purge"? I'm watching it On Demand and it's an interesting premise.
    In 2022, any crime (including murder) is legal for a 12hr period one day a year. The story revolves around a family surviving the night. They are fortunate enough to live in a home which is hardened fairly well.

But it got me to thinking; How would I handle that sort of scenario?

I think I'd do like the family in the movie and hunker down for the night. But, I think I'd like to have access to a sniper position in order to keep people back if they get too close. And have the yard/perimeter secured nicely.

What would you do?[/QUOTE

I rented it a couple of moNths ago.

They did well other than not being armed well. I would have LIT everyone up after the guy was let in.

First I would have all of my family over for survival night and have every corner covered.
    A truck rips the window out, truck gets lit up until it's disabled. The whole family is well trained and focused on a position. Door or window breached? DDR Shepherds bite, with a follow up of gigging. All of my DDR's would be on patrol inside my house with first interception, followed by human termination :).

They're lucky they attacked someone that solely relied on technology and not real security training, otherwise this movie would have ended rather quickly....yeah, this wasn't in Texas :D.

With all of the neighbors that came to finish them off, I would have a nice spread at the end of every year :D.

Last edited:

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    They are coming out with a 2nd movie, this time it's a couple stranded in the city, car broke down before the event started. I believe it's going to come out June 20th.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    They are coming out with a 2nd movie, this time it's a couple stranded in the city, car broke down before the event started. I believe it's going to come out June 20th.
    Bump- I just saw the trailer. Dumb survival idea- Stay at home, defend yourself and maybe add on a crows nest to thin out the bad guys who could get too close to your home.
    better idea- take a cruise or vacation.
    What would insurance agencies think about the purge?

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    12 hours a year? In that case, things would be bad enough I would be a ghost.

I wouldn't be in a city, that's for damn sure. I would be living off the grid, decoy house, everything important underground. I would be as far, and secured, from other people as humanly possible.

Lucas Mccain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    I would consolidate anything I have of worth and trade or sale for gold and silver, guns and ammo. Basically my house would look empty except for furniture and shit that doesn't matter. Then every year I would bunker in a spider hole that I dug that no one knows about. I would even buy the land through a trust so no one knows who the hell owns it. The cities is where the blood will run down the streets.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    How about having a boats and hoes party in the gulf until it's all straightened out onshore. Boats+guns+ammo+booze+Jet ski=survival

2028_1_large.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Did anyone see the movie "The Purge"? I'm watching it On Demand and it's an interesting premise.
    In 2022, any crime (including murder) is legal for a 12hr period one day a year. The story revolves around a family surviving the night. They are fortunate enough to live in a home which is hardened fairly well.

But it got me to thinking; How would I handle that sort of scenario?

I think I'd do like the family in the movie and hunker down for the night. But, I think I'd like to have access to a sniper position in order to keep people back if they get too close. And have the yard/perimeter secured nicely.

What would you do?

I think that everyone in the family - including our surviving wiener dog - can shoot the eyes out of fly so we'd not be concerned.

Alternatively the Wife is a killing machine in her mini van. Even on good days she's known to bounce that puppy off curbs, cars, buildings whatever thats not running away at the time. They all leaped out and attacked her of course. Offense might be the best defense.

Top Bottom