• ...and so much more!
  • NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Reminds me of this bumper sticker that I saw once:

many_pedestrians_so_little_time_bumper_sticker-r0bdbc59eb20448c4a2f45e70f73ef5fd_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I'm thinking that O'Bozo would finally be evicted in a manner in which he truly deserves (i.e. truck + chain + potholed road) and that Washington DC would become significantly less populated and have a lot less crooks.

TexasBearkat04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Watching it now, for the first time, on one of the big pay cable networks that loves shows about mafia and vampires. The house is too big, too technologically dependent, not working as a cohesive family unit, not well armed.....all recipes for disaster! As for the OP's question, you can hunker down with steel doors, bars on the windows and stone siding just as long as you want.....so long as nobody outside remembers that your roof is nothing more than a couple of minutes worth of work with a circular saw. I say bug out to the most remote location you can adequately defend, be prepared, and cover your 6 in this instance. Your results may vary.

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    What about the daughter that didn't want to huddle together with the family causing 1 more problem than they already had.
    Why does anyone want a home that big anyway. Not tactical.

most of the houses in the movies or TV seem quite a bit larger than they would be in real life going by the outside view of the house. Houses that in real life are probably 2000 sq-ft or less end up looking over 6000 sq-ft when they do the fake sets. I used to own a 4000 sq-ft single story house and it did not take me very long to *walk* from one end of it to the other. These movies have someone being chased around the house and it takes longer than it took me to walk all the way across my house.

And then there are the TV shoes where the characters are living in an apartment in Manhattan. I've lived there (on a project a few years back) and all I can say is that I was spending a lot more money than these poor characters could afford and it was a decidedly small apartment.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    If you're not set up to handle a "Purge" scenario, then you better hope Obama never gets assassinated.

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    If you're not set up to handle a "Purge" scenario, then you better hope Obama never gets assassinated.

Prove it.

Personally, I'm hoping for a planet killer size meteor on whatever golf course he is on at the time. Yeah, it would mess up the greens, but that would be acceptable collateral damages, wouldn't it?

And to the NSA jackbooted thugs who are reading this, it's called "hyperbole". Get a dictionary and learn how to use it.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Good thing I'm neither a $#@! or a bitch. Note to mods: so bibby can drop the N word in this video about a hundred times and I can't write it once? That's discrimination $#@!!

You should petition the moderators ban biggie smalls.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Watched it on my free preview weekend. Horrible movie.
    Me, I'd have a much more robust security system, and an arsenal for each member of the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I better plan is really need it. How the hell does the boyfriend sneak in with a security system like that. If I had that kind of money I would have all kinds of motion sensor that would alert me on my Ipad.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I like how they don't lockdown til the last second. I'd be locked down at least 48 hours early with provisions not to come out till 72 hours later.

My self defense would also include some active measures. The movie had all passive measures, not even some razor wire. The trucks wouldn't have gotten close to my house. I'd have a berm not a fence.

No gun ports?

Cross the property line and the person would be dead.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would live in this:

Looks tough, but it's still only plywood. Same problem as mentioned with the roof.

Probably better with normal brick/rock walls and steel shutters. Maybe a good heavy gauge copper roof to slow them down.

Or go underground as mentioned. Probably the best bet. Don't forget the done houses either. They can withstand a ton of abuse including .30 caliber rifles.

Top Bottom