• ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Yeah, I see that "modern" decorating trend there. Let's see how much clutter crap we can pile up. A couple labs and a kid or two, can get rid of that. :crash:

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Haven't seen the movie, but the description of the premise behind it sure leads to some imaginative scenarios. Personally, I think most of us wouldn't stand much of a chance going it alone against a heavily armed gang of 30 or more intent on breaking in and murdering, raping and pillaging once inside. Preparing oneself with body armor, firearms, weapons, knives, make-shift booby-traps and medieval defenses would be a given, but I think the best bet would be to get with neighbors you trust and set up a neighborhood militia. A neighborhood plan would be established to block any possible entrances to the neighborhood, whether by street or otherwise, using whatever means possible - roadblocks with sentries, for instance. Women, children, elderly and the sick can congregate in a central area of the neighborhood while the rest of the militia stood guard and armed to the teeth with sentries along its perimeter. I would think communications within the militia, using CB radios, cell and landlines would also be vital for a good defense.

Now, if you're a criminal, you'll be planning for this night for a whole year. You'll be planning it with your other criminal-minded friends knowing your plan of attack will mostly likely be met by armed defenders. I think I'd score more by hitting places of business with high-valued items, like laptops, cars, jewelry, etc., than residential homes where most folks have their stuff hidden, and whatever isn't hidden isn't usually worth the bother. But if I were intent to hit a home or two, better to go and attack lone houses out in the country where no one can hear the victims' screams for help than a large group of a hundred or so armed neighborhood militia who've set up roadblocks to street entrances.

So I'd bypass the roadblocked neighborhoods and drive out in a convoy with my armed hoodlum friends looking for the easy pickings of a lone house or two. Sure, the country home would have a family armed with their rifles and shotguns, but knowing that bullets can penetrate sheetrock, with my group of 50 or so homies we could surround it and blast our way in, or molotov-cocktail it to smoke/burn them out then rush in when they flee to steal their stuff. But like I said, I think hitting places of business would be a better bet, and my main concern then would be running into a rival group of thugs wanting to hit the same place of business I had chosen during my year-long planning.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Ah, didn't know the movie was about a free night of killing and murder. Like I said, I've never seen it before but am curious enough about it to want to rent it.

I still stand by my plan of defense in setting up a local, neighborhood militia of sorts to defend against whatever band of killers who wanting to attack any one of us, though.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    No reports, so I'll guess this was a whole bunch of nothin'. Anybody hear of any actual activity related to this?

Top Bottom