• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Victoria Advocate | Victoria firearms store raided, owner arrested (w/document)

Federal agents raided the store, also known as Garrett's Gun Vault, on March 13, seizing 117 firearms.A day later, they arrested the owner, Garrett Riedesel, accusing him of unlawfully receiving or possessing firearms that were not registered, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.
    At least four shotguns or rifles also did not have the required 18-inch and 16-inch barrel lengths, respectively.
    They were a Remington Model 870 Express 12-gauge shotgun with a 71/4-inch barrel, a Savage Arms Model 940D 20-gauge shotgun with a 9-inch barrel, a Winchester Model 1200 20-gauge shotgun with a 13-inch barrel and a Marlin Firearms Glenfield Model 30, .30-30 caliber rifle with a 131/4-inch barrel length, according to the complaint.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ... accusing him of unlawfully receiving or possessing firearms that were not registered ...

Can you say Fast n Furious?

I knew you could.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Question is, how did the feds know about it?

And this cracks me up:
    "Machine guns, silencers, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns or destructive devices, such as molotov cocktails, mortars and bazookas, are the type of firearms that must be on the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record, according to the ATF's website."

How the F*ck do you register a molotov cocktail? Um, dear BATFE, I want to register this MC. Manufacturer: Jack Daniels, batch number: 04-12-14, caliber: 80 proof, capacity: 750 mL (standard capacity, none of that 1.75 L high capacity, that's just crazy)

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Never mind its double D's. I've been there. They never had but just a few firearms in there. They guy is a very nice guy. When I had got to Victoria and I went in there. He put me in contact with the guy who owns Victoria shooting sports. Hopefully he is.acquitted. The batfe is unconstitutional.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Right. Its like a Jew going up against the nazis. Lose lose situation.

No, it's more given that constitutional challenges to NFA, ATF, etc. have failed, there's no precedent to support the defense.

Jew vs Nazi sounds better when trying to inflame emotions, though, isn't it? It's a good liberal tactic to get folks to avoid rational thought.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    So you think the.government should decide how long our barrels are? That's infringement. Complacent people like yourself are why they are able to trample on our rights. Liberal? Lmao. I bet you're a liberal.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So you think the.government should decide how long our barrels are? That's infringement. Complacent people like yourself are why they are able to trample on our rights. Liberal? Lmao. I bet you're a liberal.

I didn't say I supported it. I said the courts, including the Supreme Court, have upheld it. The same court that allowed the three-fifths rule to stand for so long and that still allows "commerce clause" overreach today and is enabled by a legislative branch spending money (and building government) like a drunken sailor on leave.

When you turn the argument to emotional strawmen, you're co-opting liberal tactics. If you're a conservative, that's beneath you. Reason, instead.

Top Bottom