Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just send my GF to do the shopping.

I will go to WM if I'm bored so that I can check out the ammo prices, and look around at doodads.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What do women and parking spots at Wal-Mart have in common?

All the good ones are always taken.
    The rest are handicapped or waaayyy the hell out there.

What do you mean? There is all that open space up front and right by the door.

Walmart199.jpg

Or at least that what some folks think. :p

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I hate going to Wal-Mart only because of their customers......if i can get it anywhere else, I do...and gladly pay a little more..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I once was in Wal-Mart by the pet isle. Then these two younger ladies walk past me. Both wearing semi pajamas. I notice they're buying kitty litter. The catastrophically sad situation part was that they both smell like straight a$$, cat poop and lazy funk. The smell hit me as if I dived into a cold swimming pool. Right to the face.

It was like having smell-o-vision for an episode of Hoarders.

I don't worry about parking. I park out in no man's land so my ride doesn't get dented. Forget that hunting a parking spot to save 25' in walking to the front door. I park and get it over. Not do that seek and destroy parking mayhem up front.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It may help.....

There isn't a site named the people of Ace Hardware.....

The people of Wal-Mart site seems like everyone of them is at our local store....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Careful on the bag issue. In traveling around I've seen several WM's that don't have bags and I think Austin is one.

Plastic bags in Austin are illegal. Buy something from another Wal-Mart and try to return it in the bag anywhere in Austin. The people at the store will look at you like you just pulled a gun. They'll explicitly tell you. Take your bag with you. We can't have it.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Guess Wal-marts are like different cities/states. Some are trashy, some are redneck, some are liberal, some are conservative and some are pretty neutral. The Wal-mart I go to, is fairly nice, well managed and has courteous employees, never have an issue while shopping. While it does have it's share of weird folk, not as bad as it use to be. In the last couple years, there was a new one built on the "other" side of town and that cut down on the riff-raff.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The only way Wally World gets my money is curbside pickup. No hassle, no fuss, and the employees do the walking up and down the aisles for me. I wait until I get the email saying my order is ready. Drive to the store, call them and tell them which specially reserved spot I’m in, then go home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Guess Wal-marts are like different cities/states. Some are trashy, some are redneck, some are liberal, some are conservative and some are pretty neutral. The Wal-mart I go to, is fairly nice, well managed and has courteous employees, never have an issue while shopping. While it does have it's share of weird folk, not as bad as it use to be. In the last couple years, there was a new one built on the "other" side of town and that cut down on the riff-raff.

You speak truth. I had to deliver to three Wal-Marts. Side trip while waiting for a real run. Reefer trailer.

First Wal-Mart was ok. Second Wal-Mart was complete trash and the third was really nice. I walked around the ghetto one. They were cleaning in under the racks where they'd display meat. It was a horror show. The third and nicest was gorgeously clean.

The ghetto store's loading dock tipped over a pallet of fruit. It went all over the ultra nasty floor of the trailer .The dock workers picked up the fruit and put it back in the cardboard trays. Then they wheeled it to the floor to sell.

It gets better,

While they were picking up fruit. They unloaded a pallet of chicken quarters. By the time they had everything picked up. The chicken warmed up to room temperature. I had touched the stack to see if it was warming up. Yep. After it all said and done. They loaded the chicken back up. Then the chicken pallet went to the OK store.

The store in the nicer part of town got the best looking food in the truck. The dock was cleaner and the workers looked happier.

To this day. If it doesn't come in a can from wally world. My money doesn't buy it. Not after seeing how the loading dock does things. Hell to the No. I occasionally wonder about the people who ate that pallet of chicken. Didn't see anything on the news so I guess nobody got sick...

Top Bottom