• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    That's insane.

It's been around 5-6 years since they banned them. I lived in Hutto at the time. I stopped through Austin to return an item. I think it was a camera or something. They flat out told me. We can't have those bags in here....with their eyes getting huge.

I looked around to see if they were messing with me. Nope. Not a single plastic bag in the whole store.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Walmart customer service has been awful for 10 years. I rarely go there anymore. About the only time is when I look for ammo.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    We buy groceries and other household items at WM. 1, it's convenient as far as location; 2, with all our kiddos it's easier to make one stop for the wife. Different times of the day are better and definitely some stores are better than others.

I checked ammo the other day at one of our local WMs, and they had Federal Gold Medal with the new Berger bullets in 6.5 Creedmoor. Did not expect to see that caliber (pun intended) of ammunition there.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Only time I go to Wal-Mart is about 4-5am.
    The night owl weirdos have gone home and the drunks and day freaks haven’t gotten out of bed yet.
    Have to dodge the shelf stockers and floor buffers but in and out in 5 minutes.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    It's been around 5-6 years since they banned them. I lived in Hutto at the time. I stopped through Austin to return an item. I think it was a camera or something. They flat out told me. We can't have those bags in here....with their eyes getting huge.

I looked around to see if they were messing with me. Nope. Not a single plastic bag in the whole store.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    They can't give you a plastic bag, but you can return it in a plastic bag but you have to take your plastic bag with you when you leave. Just put it in one of thrash containers. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill!
    Note: Now that I think about it, I am not sure the above is correct.

You guys are going on my spreadsheet!
    Note: This I am sure about

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    You guys are going on my spreadsheet!

d35a45215d5dda8b16bde14959ccc14b--leiden-quill.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I have never thought Walmart was supposed to be a great shopping experience and am surprised by those who do. It is all about price and volume. Don't like it? Go somewhere else.

I have since November 1996.

Walked into a Walmart. Went to the back and bought two boxes of 12 ga dove loads (hey, back then it was the only shotgun I had). Sold at the register, put into a bag and they staple the receipt to the outside.

Get stopped at the front door by the greeter. He wanted to make sure “I got exactly what I paid for.”

I was in my service dress, coming from a promotion ceremony for a buddy of mine.

I told the greeter not to worry about it, then took it to customer service and returned both boxes.

Want to treat a military officer in uniform like thief? No thanks. I’ve got AAFES for that.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Yep, self checkout is the only way to go and will go a long way is solving many of the complaints in this thread.

When they start offering a discount for me to check out my own stuff, I’ll use it.

For now I just order what I need through the grocery app and let them load it in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Before I walked out the door. I asked the lady if she wanted to buy some bags. It'd cost though.

She declined but had a twinkle in her eye. She wanted bags.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I have since November 1996.

Walked into a Walmart. Went to the back and bought two boxes of 12 ga dove loads (hey, back then it was the only shotgun I had). Sold at the register, put into a bag and they staple the receipt to the outside.

Get stopped at the front door by the greeter. He wanted to make sure “I got exactly what I paid for.”

I was in my service dress, coming from a promotion ceremony for a buddy of mine.

I told the greeter not to worry about it, then took it to customer service and returned both boxes.

Want to treat a military officer in uniform like thief? No thanks. I’ve got AAFES for that.
    I never stop for the greeter, even when they ask me to. I don't say a word and just walk on by. Has never been an issue.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Plastic bags in Austin are illegal.
    Actually, I don't this that is correct. Paper is not legal but plastic is. I hate plastic bags and just use the heavy duty cloth bags I keep in my car.

For Austin, it is a landfill issue. Paper bags can be recycled but the thin plastic bags can not. And paper bags will deteriorate whereas the plastic bags won't.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Actually, I don't this that is correct. Paper is not legal but plastic is. I hate plastic bags and just use the heavy duty cloth bags I keep in my car.

For Austin, it is a landfill issue. Paper bags can be recycled but the thin plastic bags can not. And paper bags will deteriorate whereas the plastic bags won't.
    Your comments contradict themselves. The fact that paper CAN be recycled is PRECISELY why paper bags are legal and the plastic bags are barred. Just saying.

Top Bottom