• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The only way Wally World gets my money is curbside pickup. No hassle, no fuss, and the employees do the walking up and down the aisles for me. I wait until I get the email saying my order is ready. Drive to the store, call them and tell them which specially reserved spot I’m in, then go home.
    They tote the beer out to ya?
    Lynx Defense

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Your comments contradict themselves. The fact that paper can be recycled is PRECISELY why paper bags are legal and the plastic bags are barred. Just saying.
    Yeah, I was just coming back to correct that. I am tired.

But then why can I not get paper bags at my local HEB within the Austin city limits, but they will give me plastic? And every take out food order I get comes in a plastic clam shell which in turn comes in a plastic bag?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    OK, here is what I believe is correct: Plastic is outlawed in Austin for grocery stores and maybe some other types, but not for restaurants. Makes no sense to me either.

Paper is OK because it is recyclable, but HEB, at least the ones close to me have chosen not to offer paper on their own as a cost saver, but will sell you durable bag.
    Which is weird because the HEB in Westlake still uses paper bags.

And there is a court case: https://www.texastribune.org/2018/0...eatened-supreme-court-challenge-laredo-ordin/

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is the future of discount retail in America

Self check out, no service.

You walk in, put it in your cart, check yourself out and leave.

Employees who do not care

They could care less if you like it or not
    I can get that & better shopping online & not deal with people who who make me think WTF! And the strange ass peeps in Walmarts are not the reason I avoid them. I really think Walmart is Bad for America! I try hard to uy American simply because we need the jobs!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I was driving through Kalifornia a while back, and hit one Walmart in the town of Fairfield that had NO bags ! You just had to throw the stuff in your cart and haul it out that way if you didn't bring your own. If you find one with a bag, you have to pay for them. Really some creepy employees out there too !

You can thank the state and people of California for that.

Well that and the fact that the city of Fairfield is simply awful (I used to live in Vacaville).

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My local WM is clean, well stocked, the employees friendly and helpful.

Possibly, because for all practical purposes this particular store is located pretty much in the country, the customers won't tolerate unclean stores or rude/unhelpful employees. They will let management know if things are not right.

Those WM's located in more urban areas shoppers just put up with that they shouldn't...maybe, or perhaps it's just up to each store manager.

Some Managers are very good at what they do and others barely put any effort into keeping the store running properly.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    HEB is a fucking zoo as well. We usually shop at Randalls because there's less people. No 30.07 sign at Randalls either; not that I open carry often, but still...
    They must really vary also. The HEB closest to me has poorly trained unfriendly people, which piss me off to no end. But when I am coming home from the airport I stop in the Westlake HEB and it is a world of difference. As MM said, it is probably the manager that makes the difference.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's been around 5-6 years since they banned them. I lived in Hutto at the time. I stopped through Austin to return an item. I think it was a camera or something. They flat out told me. We can't have those bags in here....with their eyes getting huge.

I looked around to see if they were messing with me. Nope. Not a single plastic bag in the whole store.
    I love smuggling those evil plastic bags into Austin.

Pro tip: If you're ever in an Austin grocery store and need a bag, go get a few from the produce section.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just about every store has its insane busy times.
    I’ve been going early in the mornings. Usually very slow and easy to get in/out.
    Going after lunchtime is bad enough.
    Going after 5pm is asking for it.
    Going on a weekend is crazy.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just about every store has its insane busy times.
    I’ve been going early in the mornings. Usually very slow and easy to get in/out.
    Going after lunchtime is bad enough.
    Going after 5pm is asking for it.
    Going on a weekend is crazy.
    So are you saying you spend a lot of time there on the weekend?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    147BDF3A-7701-4BB5-B39B-C9572F723A62.jpeg
    So are you saying you spend a lot of time there on the weekend?

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I think you’d have to be stoned to even work there. I can’t knock them for that one. I just hate how they pile so much crap you can’t even maneuver a cart through the Isles much less pass another costumer. It’s the Dollar General on Steroids.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I love smuggling those evil plastic bags into Austin.

Pro tip: If you're ever in an Austin grocery store and need a bag, go get a few from the produce section.

If the lady had yes to buying some. I would grabbed every stack of bags from every self-check out station in Killeen and Temple.

Fat stacks. All it'd take is money. Lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I think you’d have to be stoned to even work there. I can’t knock them for that one. I just hate how they pile so much crap you can’t even maneuver a cart through the Isles much less pass another costumer. It’s the Dollar General on Steroids.

People in costumes on an island?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    My local WM is clean, well stocked, the employees friendly and helpful.

Possibly, because for all practical purposes this particular store is located pretty much in the country, .

Come to think of it, the one up in Gatesville down the hill from Hicksville Range always seemed to be in tip top shape whenever I visited there.

Top Bottom