• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I went there right after they opened. Back then it was just a big hole in the ground with people shooting everywhere, and in all directions. I didn’t stay long, and that is what made me join MSA. I heard they had actual firing lines now, but it was so bad in the early days I never went back. Then after that woman picked up a ricochet in her chest, I just forgot all about the place.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I went there right after they opened. Back then it was just a big hole in the ground with people shooting everywhere, and in all directions. I didn’t stay long, and that is what made me join MSA. I heard they had actual firing lines now, but it was so bad in the early days I never went back. Then after that woman picked up a ricochet in her chest, I just forgot all about the place.
    Yeah, it's not nearly as nice as MSA.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You got Ribeye of the sky?
    20180209_171312.jpg
    yesterday evening. Gotta zoom in and look close.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Heh.

Got in a set of Walker Razor-XV. They have to plugs that go in the ears connected to another piece that hangs around the neck containing the battery, microphones, processor, etc.

I've only shot a few rounds of 9mm. When the weather turns nice I will test with some rifles and report back.

The Razor-XV is the Bluetooth model and runs about $150. The Razor X is identical but without BT and runs $120.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Remind me not to take y'all hunting.

I’m on an iPad so I had to save it, then go into my photos so I could zoom in enough see them.
    Never shot any on the ground before. Always laid on my back and shot up at them as they were landing. They looked like 747’s about to land on me.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Back on topic.

I took these ear plugs out Friday for a round of sporting clays. Absolutely loved them. I could hear every conversation, including the people at surrounding stations if I had the volume high enough. I did have an issue with wind noise when it got really breezy, but turned the volume down and it was great again. These things auto shut off after 2 hours, but the enclosed instructions didn’t mention it. I just cycled the power switches and continued on. Extremely happy with these things.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    These would be great for me hunting with my Redhawk 44 Mag.
    I will NEVER fire that thing without hearing protection and I usually just hunt with muffs around my neck, so I can put them on quickly if a shot presents itself.
    Are the batteries easy to change out? Can it be done in the field without any tools?

Top Bottom