• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Nobody cares about your shirt. The only thing that matters is $$$. For a lot of folks, especially in rural areas, WM is the only option since they ran off mom & pop shops. So I get why folks may shop there. And with the money they save, they can donate to pro-gun causes like NRA, err, I mean ....

GOA.
    Target Sports

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Ah, I hadn't seen where they already stated that they would post 30.07.
    I know that they, in print, "asked" people not to OC.
    I figured that they would eventually post signs.
    But, not yet.
    Again--their statements were nationwide in scope. They don't make nationwide statements that contain the specificity or nuance of Texas law. So, how could you expect such nationwide statements to mention 30.07 posting?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Again--their statements were nationwide in scope. They don't make nationwide statements that contain the specificity or nuance of Texas law. So, how could you expect such nationwide statements to mention 30.07 posting?

I never said they did.

My post was in response to what renegade said.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    So let me get this straight. It’s more virtuous to stop going to places that the community gathers to shop and not encounter people you can influence to get interested in shooting and self defense.

I have conversations about once a month where I invite ladies out to the range and serve as a model for interest in 2A. Many many of these influential conversations happen in these same stores because that’s where people gather.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Maybe I missed something. Are we talking about the shoulder holster meme? Are you saying you already have one and have worn it?
    I’m talking about being seen either carrying or wearing pro 2A shirts in my community. And in my community, that’s often happening while shopping at these places.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I dont go to HEB really. They dont have anything I would normally buy there. Its all bulk pack kinda stuff atleast the last time I was in one thats all it seemed to be

I don't think you were in a HEB.

HEB is the place. We drove past the Walmart in Kaufman and Ennis to go to the Ennis HEB today. There's a lot of store brand stuff at HEB that just rocks. Prices on groceries are the same or less than Walmart and a hell of a lot cheaper than Brookshires.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I've got no problem with that.

I have a problem with anyone who restricts my rights. Camels nose under then tent and all that.

This whole 07 no OC thing is one giant virtue Signal. I do not think I have seen more than 1 OC who was not a cop with badge. These corps make it sound like every other person is OCing their stores....

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I don't think you were in a HEB.

HEB is the place. We drove past the Walmart in Kaufman and Ennis to go to the Ennis HEB today. There's a lot of store brand stuff at HEB that just rocks. Prices on groceries are the same or less than Walmart and a hell of a lot cheaper than Brookshires.
    I thought it was a HEB but idk maybe it was something different. This was back in Denton. Brookshires points for gas make it worth it to me. The prices at the store in sherman are pretty good

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I was (pleasantly) surprised to see this.

As was I.

I have a problem with anyone who restricts my rights. Camels nose under then tent and all that.

This whole 07 no OC thing is one giant virtue Signal. I do not think I have seen more than 1 OC who was not a cop with badge. These corps make it sound like every other person is OCing their stores....

I've seen a ton of OC, in and around Dallas. Sadly most of them were using a cheap Walmart nylon holster to "secure" their firearm.

Like I said, I'm fine if a business owner doesn't want OC on their property. You can always CC.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Get out of yuppieville and come down to where the common people live, or maybe you're not just observant.

I was born in Hell's Kitchen. I have been observing every person within 87 yards of me and creating a threat matrix since I was 3.

As for yuppieville, I live north of those area in farm & ranch country with common people, they are just the closest places to shop.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    You can do whatever the hell you want. I dont think anyone on here cares this much about your personal life or where you shop at. If I gave you that impression, I really don't. Just giving suggestions on how to not sacrifice your principles for convenience. Its not for everyone though

If he is 17 years old, shouldn't he be working to help out your family? Especially if $400 is going to be what makes or breaks you for the month
    I think my own suggestions for how to not sacrifice my principles for convenience hold just as much water. I can reason an opposite argument on how my principles are upheld and not worry one bit. I’ll sleep just fine at night and you can too, sounds good.

My kid does work, but we pay for his classes and he saves his money for now. That works out just fine for us and I think we should reasonably save as much of our money as we can, so that we can do good with it in the way we see fit, instead of it being gone because we’ve spent it without needing to.

Driving an hour each way grocery shopping merely to support a family business doesn’t appeal to me, when I can conserve what’s in front of me for a purpose which I find suits me better. That might sound awful “sheeple-y” until you start really picking at it. When I start examining the argument, I find that “I’m good.” No worries.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I think my own suggestions for how to not sacrifice my principles for convenience hold just as much water. I can reason an opposite argument on how my principles are upheld and not worry one bit. I’ll sleep just fine at night and you can too, sounds good.

My kid does work, but we pay for his classes and he saves his money for now. That works out just fine for us and I think we should reasonably save as much of our money as we can, so that we can do good with it in the way we see fit, instead of it being gone because we’ve spent it without needing to.

Driving an hour each way grocery shopping merely to support a family business doesn’t appeal to me, when I can conserve what’s in front of me for a purpose which I find suits me better. That might sound awful “sheeple-y” until you start really picking at it. When I start examining the argument, I find that “I’m good.” No worries.

Whatever works for you

Top Bottom