• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Nope Chevy is going to make an electric Corvette!

One of the things I noticed when I got my first in-person look at a cutaway of the C8 (Rolex/Monterrey Reunion, Laguna Seca, 2019, I think - the full on car was Zeus Bronze - which looked horrible in pictures until I saw it in person...WOW!! Stunning!) was that there was "space" for front wheel electric motors (not a LOT of space, mind you, but space)....so basically a foreshadow of events to come...sad sad sad!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    :roflfunny:
    puke.gif

• The future of electrified muscle: Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept
    • Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept drives like a Dodge, looks like a Dodge and feels like Dodge – and just happens to be a battery-electric vehicle (BEV)
    • Three game-changing, patent-pending features make up the core of the Charger Daytona SRT Concept:
      • R-Wing: Front aerodynamic wing retains Dodge profile while achieving aerodynamic efficiencies
      • Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust: Industry-first exhaust system for an electric vehicle delivers a performance sound that rivals the SRT Hellcat
      • eRupt: Multi-speed transmission with an electro-mechanical shifting experience that’s pure Dodge
    • Charger Daytona SRT Concept powered by new 800V Banshee propulsion system
    • Concept design revolutionizes the look of a BEV while offering subtle nods to Dodge brand’s muscle car legacy
    • blah, blah, blah...
    1660787120334.png

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I just can't with EV's.

Growing up my buddies and I didn't care about the features or how fast it was...It was about the grease, scraped hands and rumble from the new parts you couldn't really afford. It needs a real engine. It's just a turn off going to EV's.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Interesting thread.

Like many of you I don't get excited about EV's. As mention by beat the tuna on why, I agree they do nothing for me. EV's 0-60 are some mean machines but when you can download exhaust sounds...That makes me shake my head.
    I don't know what the market is going to do when I pass my little diesel truck off to my son. That's my plan.
    For a while I have been rethinking my opinion of Dodge trucks. Historically consumer reports are terrible and plentiful.

At this point I will never own another Ford truck. I would try a Ram over a Ford now. I'm witnessing people with Fords have unacceptable problems under 100K miles. My Colorado aint some amazing machine but it's been solid compared to issues I see other truck owners deal with. I have a service plan I follow and my goal is to see how many miles that 2.8 diesel can take without a major shop visit.

By the time I'm done with the Colorado maybe I won't be able to get a new Ram gas. I'm sure by then if it's a diesel a new rig will have an insane asking. At that point I'd just get a restored classic.
    Kind of a same here. Never considered a MOPAR before, but I think with all of the electronics in cars today, most other brands have sunk in quality, and the MOPAR brands have all been around long enough to work out the kinks. I’d consider them today. Tundra lost it when they went to the TT V6, Titan might be decent but I just can’t get past the looks. Ford and GM are dead to me on the new stuff.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I just can't with EV's.

Growing up my buddies and I didn't care about the features or how fast it was...It was about the grease, scraped hands and rumble from the new parts you couldn't really afford. It needs a real engine. It's just a turn off going to EV's.

Kind of a same here. Never considered a MOPAR before, but I think with all of the electronics in cars today, most other brands have sunk in quality, and the MOPAR brands have all been around long enough to work out the kinks. I’d consider them today. Tundra lost it when they went to the TT V6, Titan might be decent but I just can’t get past the looks. Ford and GM are dead to me on the new stuff.
    Personally, I like the new technology of EV's and hybrid vehicles. I think it pushes the limits and pushes vehicle technology to improve.

What I detest is the government essentially forcing us to choose a vehicle based on what they think is best for us, rather than allowing consumers to decide what is best suited for their needs or wants.

And trust me, we are being forced. Just look at how much you spend putting gas into your vehicle at the pump!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Personally, I like the new technology of EV's and hybrid vehicles. I think it pushes the limits and pushes vehicle technology to improve.

What I detest is the government essentially forcing us to choose a vehicle based on what they think is best for us, rather than allowing consumers to decide what is best suited for their needs or wants.

And trust me, we are being forced. Just look at how much you spend putting gas into your vehicle at the pump!
    Driving and road trips are an experience. Cell phones made people lazy and took away physical maps. Cruise control and other features made people lazy and took away things the driver does. All a guy needs in a car is AC. I don't even care about power steering. The youth has it easy now and it's part of why they are soft.

How society uses it's tech is why I'm a grumpy old man in training at 40. People don't need stupid crap in cars. People need tech in hospitals and schools.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Driving and road trips are an experience. Cell phones made people lazy and took away physical maps. Cruise control and other features made people lazy and took away things the driver does. All a guy needs in a car is AC. I don't even care about power steering. The youth has it easy now and it's part of why they are soft.

How society uses it's tech is why I'm a grumpy old man in training at 40. People don't need stupid crap in cars. People need tech in hospitals and schools.
    I'm driving a car that has manual brakes, no AC, broken radio, oh yeah manual transmission and the car is noisy. :)

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    People ask me if my touch screen in my Colorado bugs me. It has issues. I tell them nope. My knobs work, radio works, It's fine. Aint gonna waste money like that on a touch screen. Besides it's not like my old 80 Luv. You had to hit the dash to turn the wipers on.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    People ask me if my touch screen in my Colorado bugs me. It has issues. I tell them nope. My knobs work, radio works, It's fine. Aint gonna waste money like that on a touch screen. Besides it's not like my old 80 Luv. You had to hit the dash to turn the wipers on.
    Had an old Nissan pick-up that the wipers would stop working, and you would have to get out and move the wiper arms to get it going again!

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Lol yep. Ive had too many close calls with those vehicles. Nissan Altimas and Chargers/Challengers being driven by complete assholes who have no regard for anyones safety.

I guess when your company will finance a car to anyone with a super high APR or an 84 month term, or both, the ignorant tend to drive your shitboxes.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what dodge does by shoving 700+ HP V8’s into anything it’ll fit in, but their cars are driven by a lot of assholes lol.
    Yeah, what is the deal with Dodge drivers? Do they drive that way because they are angry at having to drive a Dodge? Do they drive that fast and erratically in the hopes that no one sees them in the Dodge??:popcorn:

Top Bottom