• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AnArmyofRon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    Let the participants participate. Establish a hurt feelings report for those who can't stand the heat. Establish a know-it-all citation for those who claim they do. I am not a frequent poster because I learn more from keeping my finger on the mouse than the keyboard. This is an exceptional cite that I should spend more time on and post on more frequently but, well, I am as much me here as I am elsewhere. This is a great forum.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    I would set up a market exchange where forum users could apply and use the market for internal marketing such as brass selling/trading, personal trades (instead of using the dedicated forum section we could make it much better by using something like a market with selling prices, descriptions, etc.), sell weapon parts that don't require a FFL or any special paperwork i.e. optics, rails, etc.

2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?
    Some of the people on here that are part of the admin teams, forum supporters, etc. get away with way to much. While we all enjoy a freedom of speech, people blatantly just attacking others or flaming others is getting out of control if you ask me. A little civility can go a long way.
    3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?
    Yes, some of the minor graphical changes are more pleasing.
    4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?
    Overall it is a clean look.
    5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?
    None currently
    6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    I have had no issues personally but form what I have gathered, there are no major complaints in this area.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    2.) I can't click the italics on and off without using a little trickery. If I were to type the word "Italics," the italics feature will stay on and make everything I type after it come up in italics no matter how many times I click the italics button to disable it. The only way around this is to highlight the italicized text I want normal then click the italics button. Not a huge hassle but kinda annoying. I use Opera so this might not be an issue for everyone.

Instead of clicking i, ctrl-i to toggle italics on and off. It can still be a little buggy sometimes, though.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Some of the people on here that are part of the admin teams, forum supporters, etc. get away with way to much. While we all enjoy a freedom of speech, people blatantly just attacking others or flaming others is getting out of control if you ask me. A little civility can go a long way.

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    I have had no issues personally but form what I have gathered, there are no major complaints in this area.

Do tell.

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    Range days/shooting contests divided in skill levels. (dallas area) Cool prizes like gift cards or something to be used at forum supporters and so on. Overall, I have been to very few gun forums but this is the best already by far. Keep up the good work.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    No complaints, no suggestions for change. I just float along and see what shows up. If I read something I don't particularly agree with or is of no interest to me, I just move to another thread. You guys are doing just fine.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    These were the two questions that spoke to me that I felt that my answers would weigh appropriately in the decision making that would come.

I feel that the subforums that were added in 2011 improved the site and made it more versatile.

I think the look and feel of the TGT forum is very classy and very appropriate to this atmosphere.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    I want to start the discussion about what we can do and/or create going forward into 2012 for you guys and gals. We have some things in the pipeline that we are working on, but I want to gain some insight on what it is that you feel we should be working towards.

Here's some questions to get the ball rolling, and please be honest and on-topic. No "I'd give away guns to everyone" stuff.

1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)

I also would like to get any ideas and commentary you may have. Please do not refrain from commenting ... and do so honestly. We cannot improve the forum without your feedback. Numerous changes have been implemented in the past years because of feedback from these kinds of threads, and we consider each and every opinion in our decisions.

What I would like is to be able to view my page as "American ME!" instead of "Texas 1911". I have asked for your assistance but nothing has happened.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I think the way forum members act toward each other and their willingness to offer help and opinions is what makes a forum work. Moderators are just supposed to keep the trouble makers in line. From what I've seen, this place does pretty well. A more active membership would get things moving more. Sometimes that part just takes time.

As for what to do with the money, make sure the servers can do what they're supposed to do and make sure the pages load fast for those of us that don't have super high speed internet.

I'd like a members only area that isn't searched, indexed and open to the general public. I'm always on edge how much info I give out here as it goes out to the 4 winds. Possibly even make it for forum supporters only.

And perhaps a members only section would be allowed to have topics that include politics. I've seen it done that way on other sites.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs) Wow. I don't have a clue.
    Maybe set up a good search screen for looking up info on old posts.
    No, but I don't see that as a bad thing.
    I'm happy with it.
    No.
    I'm pretty happy with it. Sometimes threads get locked up maybe a little before the discussion gets out of hand, but nearly always the moderation is about right. I've seen other forums torn up because there was no moderation and some that everyone avoids because you can't say anything. I think the moderation/admin response is handled fairly and evenhandedly.

I don't know how helpful I've been but I can say that I've been honest. I'm not particularly shy about speaking my mind and if there were things bugging me about TGT, I would speak up and say what it was without having to be asked.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    To be honest...I wouldn't change a thing. You can send me 1000 of the 10,000 dollars though.
    Look and feel are best around.
    Moderators do a great job.
    Maybe add a chat feature.

For the most part, I come here for the awesomeness that it is........keep up the good work!

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    arizona
    I think that just keeping the forum running is asking enough.
    Being a native Texan, but stuck further west, I am more than happy with TGT as is.
    Could always host a match for "members."

barhob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    new braunfels
    my favorite forum !!
    i do not post often, but log on almost every day to read.
    i would like the political talk back, but only where it concerns our gun hobby.

Top Bottom