• Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Great forum admin , mods and members.

I would suggest a Prayer List be added for our members going through a tough time , declining health issues ect .To keep it centralized so it won't get lost in other threads.

By far this is one great place to be.

Robert
    Hurley's Gold

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    (1) I never had $10,000 cash in hand. Would probably go to Vegas.

(2) Nothing. What you have works just fine.

(3) No improvement whatsoever. In previous years, it was quite friendly and helpful. These days it appears like a place to vent (Guilty as Charged).

(4) Look and appearance is just fine.

(5) Links to other Gun-Owner Forums in other Gun-Friendly States -- Indiana Gun Owners comes to mind.

(6) An impossible job done admirably well by all involved.

Be well.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    Restrict political oriented posts to a specific forum and allow users to exclude any forum when viewing "new posts".

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    1. Maybe use the 10 grand for prizes on informative post such as the recent one that members voted on. I didn't enter but really enjoyed the posts that came out of it. Sponsering members shoots and meet and greets.

2. Nothing comes to mind that needs to be changed, everything works pretty good for me.

3. Can't say, haven't been here long enough.

4.Looks good to me.

5. Not sure how it would work, but possibly add an option to select a location in the profile that would allow you to easily find other members in your area, and possibly add Waco to the areas section, theres alot of space between Austin and DFW.

6. Mods seem to do a pretty good job. I like the fact that i can use a swear here and there and not get suspended and that most arguments are allowed to run their course unless obviously out of hand.

I stayed out of forums for a while after my last experience and was not expecting much when i joined here, counted on the same old "not in the click" treatment. I feel welcome here and appreciate that. Ya'll are doing a great job.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    1) I would use the money to create freebie as well as forum sponsor schwag. It would be nice to get a koozie,sticker or decal to "represent" maybe just for being a member. I also think most of us like the idea of t-shirts or polos with our handle embroidered on them. Maybe the nicer stuff for forum sponsors but a little something for everyone would be nice. I might also consider a TGT hunting lease with lottery style access for a few members every season. That would be awesome !
    2)I would also like to see more on-site picture hosting. Maybe you can offer more space for forum sponsors. I know I would contribute for this.
    3)I like the recent giveaways and incentives to write,read and share tgt stuff. A little better than last year.

4)Overall presentation is ok, a touch heavy with the banner pics and such. Understandable though if that's what's needed to keep this site around.
    5)We need a few more TGT "sponsored" events in various cities. Maybe a bowling or billiards night as well as gun/shooting events.
    6)Admins do pretty well to maintain order and react fairly IMO.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I would like to see classified sections for specific cities/areas. (Similar to the "Hometown" forums.)

I'm one of those guys that's not going to deal with shipping or driving across Texas. So, instead of me having to do searches for "San Antonio" everytime it would be nice if there was a classified area just for my city/area.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    10k? Dont really see anything on the forum that would need that kind of loot to fix.

I say you could build a playground in an underprivledged neighborhood, get the media involved and create awareness.

As far as schwag, the members can make their own schwag... I did!

a6f9ca88-15b1-2075.jpg

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    Like others have said, maybe branch out and have some member shoots elsewhere in the state.

2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?
    Bring back the Politics forum, but maybe add a few Mods to monitor them throughout the day. Of course, getting rid of posts that provide no intellectual addition to the conversation. I actually use the politics section in forums to keep up with current events, plus the conversations help bring new insight into my own thoughts about politics.

3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?
    Sure.

4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?
    Not bad, but it seems a little cluttered with all of the options and buttons/links across the top and the share buttons at the bottom of each post. The symbols next to each forum are cool, though. You know what forum it is by looking at what gun/press/other that it is.

5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?
    I support the games/arcade section that others have mentioned, as well.

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    Fantastic, with no complaints. I don't see spam in here like I do with other sites and threads are allowed to go pretty far before being closed.

chessplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Odessa, Texas
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    don't know costs, sorry

not personally intrested in off-topic forums. My habit is to hit the new button and read what I haven't before. Glad the Politics forum is gone, wasted time trying to figure out (unsuccessfully) how to filter it out. I come here to learn about guns and gun related issues.

not a member that long

I am a fan of simple, probably puts me in the minority though, animated avatars, banners and emoticons make me sea sick.

nothing comes to mind

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?

I don't notice it, so it must be good

epicurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I wish the gun classified could be divided by location. It seems that many times when I find a weapon in which I am interested.. It is owned by someone in El Paso or Denton. Needless to say I need to find something closer to the coast in order to justify the purchase.

Just my .02 cents.

~Jack~

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

I'd have to agree with sponsoring member shoots for those who live locally.

I'd only say via PM.

Overall it's stayed about the same.

Look and appearance are fine.

Yes, it may seem like a minor thing but you need a lot more smileys so people can better convey their thoughts.

It's always been excellent, no complaints.

I also would like to get any ideas and commentary you may have. Please do not refrain from commenting ... and do so honestly. We cannot improve the forum without your feedback. Numerous changes have been implemented in the past years because of feedback from these kinds of threads, and we consider each and every opinion in our decisions.
    -

an0nym0us

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Houston

I would buy a Full Auto Mac-11 and a couple of suppressors and have range days for the members.

nothing

have not been here long enough

it's fine to me

no

i guess it's alright, i haven't been here long enough to complain.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i would get Saturday night Specials engraved with TGT symbols and UserNames of members with more than 5000 posts. and then backwards from there until (by # of posts) i ran out of money.

just buy a lot or two of Loricins/ravens/jennings/ or any of those .22lr pocket revolver / derringers then worry with the engraving process.
    Username and Join Date on the slide / barrel (either or not both obviously)

and keep the change
    :)

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    I am new hereand don't care to make a judgment at this time but one thing I did notice isthat there is no humor thread site in your forum. is this something that was missed or never added?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Stop censoring words like ***** and ****! I almost didn't get a joke because ***** was censored, and uncensor **** only because nobody here ever says it anyways, so it's a waste of effort to censor it lol.

Top Bottom