DK Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Cleaned and deprimed a bunch of 5.56. Doesn't look like much but it was 4 loads to get it clean and I probably load way too many cases.

I have a ton of Swiss, FC, and LC brass to sort/ream.
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• IMG_1693.JPG
      IMG_1693.JPG
      1.1 MB · Views: 268

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Cleaned and deprimed a bunch of 5.56. Doesn't look like much but it was 4 loads to get it clean and I probably load way too many cases.

I have a ton of Swiss, FC, and LC brass to sort/ream.
    If you want them shinier run them longer. I usually tumble for at least 12 hours and sometimes 24. It will remove the annealing marks if you run it long enough.

I just ran mine for two days straight cleaning two different batches.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    I do the same thing. Usually run at least overnight. After resizing, chamfering, deburing, reaming and cleaning the primer pocket I run them through the tumbler a second time to remove the sizing lube. When they come out of the second tumble I uniform all flash holes, prime and load. Look better than new ammo when I'm done.
    10d4e6f86aa38dae89b5e58aed15f19d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I just finished hand priming 900 rounds of 380. 800 if them were small rifle primer...

I'm honestly temped to just throw them all in the effing trash.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Yep.

I have another 1000 or so to prime still but have the right primers. I'm loading 380 for my wife to shoot and practice with. Maybe these might be good for recoil management for her?

Unfortunately I just tested her DAO lc380 and it doesn't reset on a fail to fire... So I'd have to teach her to manually pull the slide back 1/2 an inch to reset the trigger.

My taurus 709 is looking better all the time.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Aren’t all 380 small pistol primer?
    Well that was the goal.... But in my haste I picked the wrong brick of primers out of the drawer.

I guess the upside is that I have another 1000+ to go so I suppose I can out these ones away and just forget about them...

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well that was the goal.... But in my haste I picked the wrong brick of primers out of the drawer.

I guess the upside is that I have another 1000+ to go so I suppose I can out these ones away and just forget about them...

I’m sorry. I misread that. I thought I was remembering wrong.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Because my Dillon is still a Lee pro 1000 and the priming system is shit on that machine

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Try a few in her pistol and see if they fire(primed case). I don't know about now but back then the biggest difference was rifle primers were harder than pistol to withstand more pressure.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Try a few in her pistol and see if they fire(primed case). I don't know about now but back then the biggest difference was rifle primers were harder than pistol to withstand more pressure.
    Well the guy at Cabela's sold them to me months ago and said they worked for both. Loaded 200 in my 9 but had about 40% not fire on the first strike. My p85 I can just keep pulling the trigger until it fired. I had a few that took 3 tries and a few that didn't go off at all.

I'm thinking they will be the same in the 380. Hence, good training rounds for recoil control! I'm sure my wife will love that :-D

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Yep.

I have another 1000 or so to prime still but have the right primers. I'm loading 380 for my wife to shoot and practice with. Maybe these might be good for recoil management for her?

Unfortunately I just tested her DAO lc380 and it doesn't reset on a fail to fire... So I'd have to teach her to manually pull the slide back 1/2 an inch to reset the trigger.

My taurus 709 is looking better all the time.

Love my 709. Eats everything I throw at it for the past 5-600 rounds and I hate DAO triggers anyway. Not to mention it was CHEAP.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom