Guns International

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Hand primed 500 9mm and 374 45gap. Loaded 100 308s and used a collet crimp die to crimp the 460 mags I loaded last weekend. Also powder coated a few hundred bullets and setup my pro1000 for a run of 9mm. Been a productive weekend for me.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Finally loaded up some Lee 1oz slugs that I cast a while back. There isn't much data available using this slug for low recoil loads. I haven't put them over the chrono yet, but they should be around 1350 fps. Functioned fine in my pump and got 3 inch groups at 25 yards which was better than than I expected.
    7e0a143f9f0e0831f00038d5a3eefd95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Never really thought much about reloading shotgun. I'm not a big bird hunter and dove load is cheap.

But this is something I could be interested in.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Never really thought much about reloading shotgun. I'm not a big bird hunter and dove load is cheap.

If I remember right I think you load those in a normal shot wad. They are very intriguing.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Finally seeing results from all the work this month.

- Paid a visit to the desert berms Saturday 12/5 and mined out 20 lbs of lead from the more frequented shooting areas. Cleaned and formed new lead into ingots out there with a campfire, a ladle, and a cast-iron pot. Kept the lead, tossed the dross and the shell cases.

- Following day I cast about 900 bullets using the Lee .356 95 grain bullet mold. Powdercoated and sized each of them by the afternoon with Ford Blue:
    Bullet.jpg

- Bullets averaged 96 grains, due to the powder coat
    - This weekend, I set the .380 brass to tumble for 4 hours with some Nu-Finish
    - Set up the progressive press to load these with 3.0 grains of Bullseye, standard Win. primers
    - Completed 300 rounds of .380 for practice out of my P238 in a little under an hour:

With Holster.jpg
    - I will finish the remaining 500 this weekend

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston

I really enjoy shooting shotguns, slugs especially. I'm still playing with loads, but they are certainly accurate enough for home defense in a pinch. I have to get these accurate to hit a steel ipsc target out to 100 yards for 3- gun.

If I remember right I think you load those in a normal shot wad. They are very intriguing.

I'm using winchester AA hulls, WT12 wads and 18gr of Red Dot for a low recoil load. These slugs don't cost much to make. Lead collects under the plate racks at my gun club and I just shovel it up and melt it down. I do have to trim the petals of the wad to accommodate the slug but thats only a few minutes with sharp scissors.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I'm using winchester AA hulls, WT12 wads and 18gr of Red Dot for a low recoil load. These slugs don't cost much to make. Lead collects under the plate racks at my gun club and I just shovel it up and melt it down. I do have to trim the petals of the wad to accommodate the slug but thats only a few minutes with sharp scissors.

I'll keep my eyes out for the mold. Pretty easy to cast with? I've never used a hollow base mold before.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I really enjoy shooting shotguns, slugs especially. I'm still playing with loads, but they are certainly accurate enough for home defense in a pinch. I have to get these accurate to hit a steel ipsc target out to 100 yards for 3- gun.

I made these improvised loads last year:

They are truly Slugs on the cheap and are excellent for home defense if that is your go-to firearm.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom