Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    @Moonpie ? Is that you?

tgt312.jpg
    Military Camp

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    4d0198379cfe6b103d9289d0104899e4.jpg

Excuse the mess, but I’m thinking I should put a sheet of plywood behind the pegboard. What is everyones opinions/thoughts about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Might think about mounting it to the wall too...hate to have it fall over in the middle of loading...

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, yes yes. I forget sometimes to be more specific not knowing people’s skill sets. The 1x2s or furring strips, should be mounted to the joists on the wall with at least two screws maybe three depending on where your joists are and then mount your pegboard to the furring strips.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Depends on how much weight you plan on hanging on it. Just remember to use 1x2 spacers. Between the peg board and plywood. Makes it much easier to put the metal hangers on it!

I’m going to put a sheet of plywood behind it with 1x2 for spacing. Thanks for the 1x2 idea. I am putting a shelf up as well

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Now, if you didn't want to make holes in the wall...use a couple of 2x4's upright behind the bench. Attach them to the back legs of the bench and mount the peg board to that!

The work bench has just two legs in the middle. It’s a husky adjustable work bench. Putting up plywood gives me extra space for mounting other things I’m sure I will end up wanting mounted

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Looked at my bench yesterday with about 5k 9mm brass. Decided to contact deavis and see if he can help. Getting lazy in my old age.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    That would be Buffalo Arms...
    50-70 loading block.
    (Still not sure why my pictures are always upside down) View attachment 427963 View attachment 427964 View attachment 427965

Probably due EXIF Data, or the sites inability to use it. Google "EXIF data". The short explanation is that on some devices, if the camera takes a picture sideways (or upside down) it attaches a file that tells it how to open right side up for viewing. This avoids having to constantly overwrite image files for display purposes in order to save on memory resources. When you upload it, that is lost and it uploads as it was taken.

You can usually correct it by opening it in something like Paint. It may appear normal, but rotate it anyway, then rotate it back. That usually overwrites the file and stores it in the proper orientation.

DaveyG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2022
    Houston
    Over the last couple days, 265 each of .44 RM - 10g Unique under a .431" 250gr Keith for range and field. Also 25 each test loads .44 RM - 19g H110 under a 330gr LFNDCG for the hogs.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I primed some more 308 cases and loaded 30 168gr Speer match bullets and 30 175gr SMKs yesterday. Got confirmation on another 1k 168gr SMKs headed my way. Seller on GunBroker had them at 35cpb and only 18$ to ship. Probably about a nickel more than I wanted to pay after shipping and tax but gotta take what I can get.

I've been hemming and hawing over bullet prices lately. Thank goodness I'm a hoarder. I still remember my early days of reloading. 3-4 cent primers and rifle powders under $20/lb. Lately I can't find LR primers like anyone else but my old stock keeps me chugging along.

Top Bottom