Military Camp

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Got to test a few more loads yesterday. Getting closer! 5 shot group, 600 yds, 12" circle. Group measured just under 6". I was extremely pleased with the performance considering this was only my 2nd time to attempt 600. Evening sun was a killer as well! Had to improvise!

ad1940e21fad3ec2d1857fe596857081.jpg
    9eba2969782daf3669738ef3d5ae937e.jpg
    03027c0295aaf6f549a3d75f0856718c.jpg

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Casting several hundred 9mm and .40 this eve. Lee 6 cavity dies, using 100% lead wire.

Once cast, they'll be headed to powder coat and sizing. Had some issues with 9mm and a friend's sig. My beretta 92 and taurus 709 slim eats everything I feed them. Her sig didnt like my cast reloads at all! FTF every other round. Must be a tighter chamber.
    84d72d53d936654f6c91f1bd7ec825f6.jpg
    be0247c72e9d9f88503b5d737c1a8137.jpg

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    She had a "tight chamber", huh?

;-)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Well considering "she" has a wife, Ill never really know just how tight her chamber really is! It was actually my wife's boss and her wife! Hung out with them saturday shooting skeet and pistols at our deer lease. They kept making fun of their liberal friends so they are cool in my book! Like to have flipped when I walked into academy OCing my 1911! Then she tucked her shirt behind her sig. Said she had never OC'd. Another convert!

Also, cosidering she signed us all up for a charity sporting clays shoot and paid for it, im not complaining at all!!

ab90cb20b6fe6faa53570d6d64f60698.jpg

047c69e873b7930f80a9cca7aea77056.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've decided reloading rifle rounds are a labor of love. I decided I didn't have enough 6.5 Grendel rounds (duh) for a planned trip to the range Saturday. Sizing, depriming, trimming etc. damn. For target shooting I was joined at the hip to 123g Amax's Bought a box of 123g ELD's. Time for some test rounds. The good thing is I'm going with a buddy who's a better shot than I am (or so he says.)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've decided reloading rifle rounds are a labor of love. I decided I didn't have enough 6.5 Grendel rounds (duh) for a planned trip to the range Saturday. Sizing, depriming, trimming etc. damn. For target shooting I was joined at the hip to 123g Amax's Bought a box of 123g ELD's. Time for some test rounds. The good thing is I'm going with a buddy who's a better shot than I am (or so he says.)

I feel that way about pistol rounds. I am way more apt to load rifle rounds than pistol. In fact, I almost never shoot rifle rounds that I didn't load.

I love to do test rounds and find a super accurate load for each of my rifles.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I feel that way about pistol rounds. I am way more apt to load rifle rounds than pistol. In fact, I almost never shoot rifle rounds that I didn't load.

I love to do test rounds and find a super accurate load for each of my rifles.

And when you have them all shooting like lasers you have to go buy another one so you can do it again. :asniper:

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    And when you have them all shooting like lasers you have to go buy another one so you can do it again. :asniper:
    Or buy a cap and ball, molds, lead pot, rock tumbler, etc and start making your own powder and casting your own bullets! Im addicted enough that ive got a deal in the works for a TC Hawken in .32 caliber, just to hunt squirrels and I just ordered a bullet mold and haven't even bought the gun! All the while, trying to work up the most accurate load for me 6.5 Norma but keep running out of bullets! Just bought a skeet thrower because the wifes boss signed us all up toshoot in a sporting clays shoot in a couple weeks, on top of that, after a local shooting the other day, the wife finally wants to get her CHL and now needs a new pistol!

This crap is more addicting than meth or crack and about twice as expensive!

This crap is more expensive and

This stuff is more addicting and more expensive than crack or meth!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I stopped by Cabela's in Oklahoma City yesterday, and got 1,000 more Federal large rifle match primers, and 1,000 Federal large pistol primers.

Top Bottom