Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No ammo restrictions.
    Rapid fire allowed.
    Drawing from holster is allowed.
    Reactive targets (allowed to bring your own if range does not provide).
    No restrictions on types of weapons (full auto, etc...).
    $10/day flat fee.
    Private bays for groups.

Time to quit dreaming...

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Time to quit dreaming...

He can dream. Better yet, I hope he opens a range like that!

If you have 20 lanes and shooters in each lane at $10/day flat fee, and all those amenities, that's $200/day maximum gross revenue. Not sure any business owner would open such a range with that as the nearly maximum upside potential. And then other people would rate us 1* because you can never get on the line or it's a 5 hour wait or whatever.

...but people can dream. My original post was "what do you want in a range" without any restrictions on the responses, so, TheDan just posted what he wanted, realistic or not.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'll try to make it simpler. All I really want is high berms and no rules other than the 4 we should always be practicing anyways. $10/day might not be realistic, but it needs to be as cheap as possible.

Amenities are not necessary, and need to be a value add that would attract people to your range over others in the area. They should only impact the consumer's price minimally.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    No ammo restrictions.
    Rapid fire allowed.
    Drawing from holster is allowed.
    Reactive targets (allowed to bring your own if range does not provide).
    No restrictions on types of weapons (full auto, etc...).
    $10/day flat fee.
    Private bays for groups.

Dan how would you reconcile drawing from a holster vs. the potential liability to bystanders from those "less than adept" and firearms usage and practice?

I have seen this where you could rent a shooting bay.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Dan how would you reconcile drawing from a holster vs. the potential liability to bystanders from those "less than adept" and firearms usage and practice?
    If someone can't follow the 4 rules then ban them.

On a personal level I'd recommend to them more dry practice at home.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

I have seen this where you could rent a shooting bay.
    One person doesn't know how to draw from a holster, so that means the rest of us can't either? Any other things we should restrict on the chance they may be abused?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If I was a Venture Capitalist funding a range, I would target a higher end customer. This seems to be a growing trend, though most venues I am aware of are indoor.

I would have multiple bays to accommodate different needs (machine guns, pistols, long range, sighting in, drawing from holster, trap, skeet, etc).

I would focus on memberships and not per day pricing.

The 25 yard indoor range market is fully saturated IMO.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    One person doesn't know how to draw from a holster, so that means the rest of us can't either? Any other things we should restrict on the chance they may be abused?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thats correct actually. Why do you think most ranges have all those stupid ass rules? Then look up and see how many holes are in the ceiling/roof...

OT but once there was a four foot snake coiled up in the shelf under a range spot two next to me. Guy reached down and suddenly screamed like a girl.* I would have too.

*My wife and daughter inform-me that girls do not scream like girls, only fat men who wear Hawaiian shirts scream like girls. If I reached down and there was a four foot snake staring at me eyeball to eyeball I'd unabashedly scream like a girl.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Well in that case everyone should only get one bullet and can only load it when ready to fire like Barney Fife .

Whats cool is how I was asking how you would implement it and you didn't realy reply. You have gone to ranges correct? How did they implement the drawing from a holster method? This was not an invitation to start a fight as that would be a nice option (in addition to dryfiring) and I was asking how you would implement. I noted one where you could rent a bay and do what you want. Private PSC does the same down in Houston.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This was not an invitation to start a fight...
    Well that's normally what you want :laughing:

I did answer your question, tho... If you can't follow the 4 rules then you get banned. That applies to drawing from a holster, too. For some holster types that might require the rental of a private bay, if that is even an option at that particular range.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I actually have no idea.
    But there are accidents on the roads every day even with all the rules/laws on the books.
    Don't get me wrong, I never said the rules most ranges have don't drive me crazy too.

Top Bottom