Browning BDA .45ACP :)
    Military Camp

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Scooped this up used for what I thought was a good price. Made in 2022, according to the night sights. Came with a Harrison smooth trigger installed. Swapped it back to the stock solid aluminum trigger just for aesthetics but honestly both look good to me. Harrison trigger definitely feels better though.

87562765a389ea7828661cf79f86f2b2.jpg

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Scooped this up used for what I thought was a good price. Made in 2022, according to the night sights. Came with a Harrison smooth trigger installed. Swapped it back to the stock solid aluminum trigger just for aesthetics but honestly both look good to me. Harrison trigger definitely feels better though.

Junk.
    Send to Moonpie for proper burial.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Very, very nice !

<>

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Made by Sig for the Browning company? I'm almost certain it's not a JMB design...
    Sort of like the Miroku made Winchesters? Except Miroku used Winchester designs to make the rifles.
    I'm just guessing here...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I’ve never seen one like that. Please explain exactly what it is. It says “Browning” but looks Sig and was made by Sig-Sauer. It isn’t a John Browning design; or, is it ?
    Browning wanted a DA/SA auto in .45 to sell. They were quite fashionable at the time. Instead of developing their own, they bought finished guns from SIG with Browning markings and sold them as Brownings.

It was just like "badge engineering" in the automotive world, e.g. where Mazda had Ford Rangers built with Mazda badges and sold them as Mazdas even though Ford built them.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Browning wanted a DA/SA auto in .45 to sell. They were quite fashionable at the time. Instead of developing their own, they bought finished guns from SIG with Browning markings and sold them as Brownings.

It was just like "badge engineering" in the automotive world, e.g. where Mazda had Ford Rangers built with Mazda badges and sold them as Mazdas even though Ford built them.

Similar thing they did with the BDA .380, which were mostly beretta 84’s without the open top slide if I recall correctly.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Merci !

<>

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer

Yes...depending on what you read they were imported 77-79 or 77-80. The P220 had just come out...and SIG Sauer had yet to have their facility in the U.S.

They didn't seem to have the economic success with them that SIG Sauer has enjoyed. Of course, changing to the side magazine release made a big difference to those that wanted to purchase it I suppose.

Nonetheless...it's a true classic. Tickled to have it :)

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Got a fair deal on this 92fs today it was made In Italy that kinda made me giddy but I’ve ordered a laundry list of go fast goodies already for it.
    What parts did you order?? I just put a steel recoil rod in 92x compact and its made a big difference

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    What parts did you order?? I just put a steel recoil rod in 92x compact and its made a big difference
    Welp I ordered LTT trigger in a bag kit, WC short reach trigger, WC steel guide rod, WC low profile one sided decocker/safety, Oem Beretta extended steel mag release, Metal lanyard loop, G10 thin grips that’s it for now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom