• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    got this in a trade today... not sure about that ETS mag but everything else checks out
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• IMG_9164.jpg
      IMG_9164.jpg
      136 KB · Views: 52

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    got this in a trade today... not sure about that ETS mag but everything else checks out

I have an ETS for a Glock 17 I picked up many years ago. It’s never given me problems running in the gun, but if loaded without paying attention, sometimes the rounds don’t stagger like they should and you can have one round stacked directly on top of the other on the same side of the mag.

I never tried running the mag in the gun with the rounds improperly staggered so I can’t speak on whether that affects function, but I definitely wouldn’t trust it for carry unless I visibly inspected to make sure everything seated properly first.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I had two tables at the Murphy's gun show in Texarkana, AR yesterday. I bought a new Ruger Mark IV on a whim. Got a good price on it of $480 out the door. The lowest price on Ammoseek.com was much lower at $421.20, that was much lower only until they added the shipping fee of $44.58 which made it $465.78 to which also would be added sales tax of 10.25% in Texarkana, AR. That would have put it over $500 even if they only charged sales tax on the gun itself and did not charge tax on the shipping cost as some dealers try to get away with. The next higher price on Ammoseek was $466.99 which would become $514.86 after tax and that is before adding shipping. I dread to think how much a local gun shop would have charged me. Who says you cannot find good deals at gun shows!

This is the second Mark IV I have purchased, this one is going to be a surprise for my son.

Fished

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2020
    Cedar Park
    I’m looking at getting the smith &wesson equalizer for my wife. Does anyone have one? The reviews seem good. It’s supposed to be easier to rack.

Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    I don’t have one but one of the dealers who I sold a gun to this weekend at the gun show said it’s what he got for his wife because she had a hard let time racking a 43. He said it was super smooth and easy to rack, perfect for someone with smaller not so strong of a grip.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Well I'm anxiously waiting for someone to post a certain pew pew here and when and if it happens I'm hoping to make a deal on it.
    Hell I don't even know what caliber it is. ;)

Last edited:

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Well I'm anxiously waiting for someone to post a certain pew pew here and when and if it happens I'm hoping to make a deal on it.
    Hell I don't even know what caliber it is. ;)
    I got you bud. 7.7x58 is the caliber. Should have it at Academy.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I got you bud. 7.7x58 is the caliber. Should have it at Academy.

Yeah No I don't do milsurps

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Well, it was last weekend, but I am the one that picked up the Walther P1 offered by @DubiousDan on here...

View attachment 426413

View attachment 426414

I gotta admit, I don't know why no one grabbed this before me! It's in pristine condition, and operates like butter!
    Just a suggestion from a former P1 owner. Try to avoid dropping a loaded magazine onto the floor. I accidentally dropped one and it never fed right after that. That's my only negative comment about it. It's still a awesome shooter and a cool historic pistol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom