Target Sports

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    When I got my CB100R there was like 1/2 inch of twist before it grabbed the cables. I have it nearly snug now. I actually have a factory honda racing quick turn throttle on my desk waiting to go on. I think it is the part off the CRF450R.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Picked up my truck yesterday. The opinion from the transmission guys was that the problems were being caused by the fluid draining from the torque converter. If the truck sits for a day or two, like over the weekend when I'm not doing normal week day stuff, it causes a backflow of fluid causing it not to engage immediately and giving it that lag I was getting.

The solution: after start-up, let the truck idle for a few seconds in gear or in neutral to get the fluid flowing properly. According to what the tranny shop said, through the mechanic, it happens occasionally in Dodge/Mopar transmissions and if it continues to irk me, they can install a 'backflow preventer' to alleviate the problem. But I did get a new filter and fluid change.

They also reminded me that when I check the transmission fluid, be sure to have it either in Neutral or in Drive to get an accurate reading. I seem to remember that from my younger days but, I must have forgotten it. As this is the only Dodge product I've ever owned for more than a few months.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Bad u-joint causing vibration in my Suburban.

No time to fix with all the house projects going on. So I gotta pay a shop to do it.

Grrrr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    We're getting close to changing out the sprockets.

The factory front is 15 teeth. The rear is 42 teeth. To get more grunt on the lower end. Faster acceleration with a lower top speed (I'm not riding it out to 156mph)...

The front sprocket needs to go down a tooth to 14 teeth. The rear needs to go up a tooth to 43 teeth. Ill research it but I'm pretty sure the factory chain will still fit. The Speedo will be off. I'm guessing about 10%. If it's that far off. This do-hicky to the rescue,

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Here's a technical issue.

The chain is size '525'. The gear is '520'.

A 520 chain isn't the same as a 525 chain. Even though Revzilla says the 520 gear will fit. Maybe it does but Ill make sure.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vortex-520-front-sprocket-honda

Plus the math on what the ratio changes will do...

https://www.gearingcommander.com

A 525 chain will run just fine on a 520 sprocket. Your bike came with 525 so clearances are no issue. If the oem chain length still fits, use it. Swap to 520 after you wear that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A 525 chain will run just fine on a 520 sprocket. Your bike came with 525 so clearances are no issue. If the oem chain length still fits, use it. Swap to 520 after you wear that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You. You saved me some work. The way I'm lubing the chain every 300 miles. I doubt Ill wear it out before 30k. If I got a 520 chain it'd be just for the fun of it. The factory chain is huge. I noticed that the other day.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Well heck...

If I had known what "Diamond Cut" was. I would have done it to the Suzuki.

CRzpgak.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    b928ab41c04543793c27858d2ee7e1f8.jpg

Waiting on the replacement. FedEx was supposed to have it here Friday. Looks like tomorrow instead.

At least there’s only 45 mins of work left.

Top Bottom