Hurley's Gold

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I don't get what you're implying but ok. I gave you the correct answer but you kinda balked about price still. That's why my second comment about ammo. You wouldn't use it to save money. Don't do the same with an engine. In reality a bike gets 40mpg and has a couple of gallon gas tank. It's less than a dollar a tank.

I run 93 in a boat buring 7.5 gallons an hour for protection against detonation. Please treat your toys nice.
    Specs on my bike are a 24L fuel tank which is 6.3 gal. 31K miles ridden divided by my actual 40.5mpg = 765 gallons. I all adds up. :)

Sounds like a wake boat. They look like fun to me and in my minds eye, I could kick ass! In reality . . not so much :(

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I am thinking about adding a wolf whistle too. It runs off of engine vacuum.

Lmao . . I like it! But in reality, if you're on the throttle it won't work, correct?

Likely repeating myself but, my 1st ride was a '53 Chevy 3100 5 window p/u. Chasing skirt from Houston to Port Aransas on a foggy/rainy night, everytime I tried to pass slower cars my windshield wipers stopped working. :mad:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Lmao . . I like it! But in reality, if you're on the throttle it won't work, correct?

Likely repeating myself but, my 1st ride was a '53 Chevy 3100 5 window p/u. Chasing skirt from Houston to Port Aransas on a foggy/rainy night, everytime I tried to pass slower cars my windshield wipers stopped working. :mad:
    Ha

You usually use the horn when your foot is on the brake and before the finger comes out.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I flushed the radiator and heater in the el camino. I changed the water out about 5 times. Still rusty. I gonna run this week with more super flush in it. I think it was my heater core the control valve was clogged I replaced it with a fitting temporary to clean it out. This is what it looked like after the flush first time.
    0306221458.jpg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I ran full throttle about 2 1/2 miles to tow a friend's golf cart back then 2 miles back towing his cart and my friend said sparks were flying out of the motor.....then I heard the KABOOM.......

The guy living at the house where I broke down towed the both of us the last 1/2 mile at the same time with his truck...........

Last evening we drove down to his house and my friend gave him a bottle of Crown and I gave him a 250 rd pack of 9mm for towing us home......

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Friday morning I noticed a high pitched whine coming from my running engine I could narrow it down to the front of the engine but not a specific component. As it continued to get worse, I narowed it down to the water pump. I was able to limp it home by stopping regularly and spraying it with WD40. Since my truck has just under 70k miles on it, I was really pissed off about the whole thing. AutoZone was the only place in Abilene that had one, and they had exactly 1 in stock. I was still really pissed off about the whole thing until I began changing it. 15 minutes after I started the job, I had my engine running and coming up to temp to test circulation and check for leaks. I have never changed a water pump that easy or fast. I released the tension on the serpentine belt, removed 6 bolts, changed out the pump, replaced the 6 bolts, re-tensioned the serpentine belt and replaced the 1/2 gallon of coolant I lost in the process.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Friday morning I noticed a high pitched whine coming from my running engine I could narrow it down to the front of the engine but not a specific component. As it continued to get worse, I narowed it down to the water pump. I was able to limp it home by stopping regularly and spraying it with WD40. Since my truck has just under 70k miles on it, I was really pissed off about the whole thing. AutoZone was the only place in Abilene that had one, and they had exactly 1 in stock. I was still really pissed off about the whole thing until I began changing it. 15 minutes after I started the job, I had my engine running and coming up to temp to test circulation and check for leaks. I have never changed a water pump that easy or fast. I released the tension on the serpentine belt, removed 6 bolts, changed out the pump, replaced the 6 bolts, re-tensioned the serpentine belt and replaced the 1/2 gallon of coolant I lost in the process.
    I buy all my major parts from Autozone with the lifetime warranty. They don’t blink an eye when I go get a water pump., aternator, brake pads or starter. Just have to bring back the old ones to collect the core charge.

Top Bottom