• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    I always carry a spare mag. It's not costing anything, can save your ass should the gun malfunction, or in the extremely rare chance you'll need to reload in a fight.

Most guns come with at least 2 mags, and my ammo all comes in 50rd boxes, so it costs absolutely nothing to toss a spare mag in your pocket
    I agree. Plus, I prefer the comfort of a sidecar holster AIWB to a gun-only holster. My go-to is the Black Arch Entrada. I have one for each of my carry guns. All the quality and fit of the popular and frequently recommended big name brands, at a little lower price, and a much shorter lead time. Mine have always shipped in under a week for order placement.
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    After I retired from the Army I carried at various times a 4" S&W Model 629, a 3" Model 13-3, a 1⅞ Model 37, a 2" Model 12-2, a 4" Model 65, a 4" Model 65-1, & a 4" Model 686-6. After I retired and turned in the 686-6, I carried the 65-1 and the 12-2. My wife was ill, and we had to go to downtown Houston a lot, so I carried a S&W SD9 and a Ruger EC9s. She passed away last year & I went back to my S&W revolvers. The 12-2 was shipped in 1963, so I retired it to the safe, replacing it with a 2" Taurus 856. Back problems drove me back to the EC9s.

If I'm traveling these days, this rides in the Jeep with me:
    0ef014eb0826ecf9130991cc99b617c6.jpg

It's an 8" Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 with a SigSauer Romeo5 & an SD arm brace. I've replaced the 3 straight 30-round mags with 3 updated curved ones & added a single point sling. I still carry the EC9s w/2 9-round spare mags.

Sent with some arcane communications device.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The main reason I have four Versacarry, built in MAGAzine holder.
    Some things keep coming back. Around 1956, “exploring” Dad’s war footlocker-trunks, I came across a n.i.b. but late war “officer’s dress kit” Karl Walther 9mmK (.380ACP) PPK. No “jewel”, it had some tool marks & the cheapest wood grip panels. It came with a cheap-looking black painted leather “flap” holster which had an external magazine side-pocket. Sadly, the kit had only one mag with it. It functioned properly; but as Dad said, it was just a bit better than having “no gun”.

Dad was a hometown small bank president & always carried his Colt 1911 from the War “Mexican-style”, just stuck into waistband, no holster.

leVieux

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    There are thousands of different situations when having a gun can make a difference
    in the outcome of having a gun with you save your life. You simply no way to be prepared to cover them all. The number one issue is how reliable is your cc gun. It should be as close to a 100% chance as posible that your gun will work 100%. Thats is why practicing with your cc is the number one issue. The more you practice, the more chances you can be sure your cc gun will work 100% of the time, this includes the ammo you use is as reliable as possible. Reason number 2 just by having a gun can in most cases deescalate the need to actually need to use it in the first place.Bad guys tend to only pick an easy target. If they know your armed there usually going to leave you alone. This usually only applies to a single attacker. The next reason is how you dress for the day. Usually is it summer or winter and your body build and how convenient it is to carry and extra mag. 15 rounds should be plenty to discourage an attacker from the duration of an attack. An active attack is completely different the shooting a static paper target at the range. people are generally a moving target, and you should also be a moving target on order to make it harder to hit you. Next is the environment your in. Be it a high crime area or just a normal everyday situation. I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. With hundreds of situations it would take a book to cover them all. A 15 round mag should cover most situation's with maybe a 10 round back up. Anything more then that then maybe you shouldn't be in that kind a situation. Even small light weight cc and a single spare mag are heave bulky to carry all the time for the average person. Witch brings us back to range time. ike anything, most of what we do comes from muscle memory. Practice, practice, practice is your best defense. Your cc should fit you well enough that you don't need 30 rounds to get the job done. Do what best fits you and your ability's. Stay armed, always keep your situational awareness intact. And try to stay away from bad neighborhoods where crime is high.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Today it is a Rock Island Armory M1911 A2 FS HC.
    14 + 1 rounds of .45 Golden Saber 185gr BJHP.
    IF I leave home today there will be a 10 round MAGAzine
    in the Versacarry as extra.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    There are thousands of different situations when having a gun can make a difference
    in the outcome of having a gun with you save your life. You simply no way to be prepared to cover them all. The number one issue is how reliable is your cc gun. It should be as close to a 100% chance as posible that your gun will work 100%. Thats is why practicing with your cc is the number one issue. The more you practice, the more chances you can be sure your cc gun will work 100% of the time, this includes the ammo you use is as reliable as possible. Reason number 2 just by having a gun can in most cases deescalate the need to actually need to use it in the first place.Bad guys tend to only pick an easy target. If they know your armed there usually going to leave you alone. This usually only applies to a single attacker. The next reason is how you dress for the day. Usually is it summer or winter and your body build and how convenient it is to carry and extra mag. 15 rounds should be plenty to discourage an attacker from the duration of an attack. An active attack is completely different the shooting a static paper target at the range. people are generally a moving target, and you should also be a moving target on order to make it harder to hit you. Next is the environment your in. Be it a high crime area or just a normal everyday situation. I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. With hundreds of situations it would take a book to cover them all. A 15 round mag should cover most situation's with maybe a 10 round back up. Anything more then that then maybe you shouldn't be in that kind a situation. Even small light weight cc and a single spare mag are heave bulky to carry all the time for the average person. Witch brings us back to range time. ike anything, most of what we do comes from muscle memory. Practice, practice, practice is your best defense. Your cc should fit you well enough that you don't need 30 rounds to get the job done. Do what best fits you and your ability's. Stay armed, always keep your situational awareness intact. And try to stay away from bad neighborhoods where crime is high.
    I think the question is " What is your carry gun?", not what is your life long philosophy on carrying a gun. Thanks for the book report. Overachiever.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

citizen_zero

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    North of DFW
    When I first got into firearms and initially got my chl it was an HK USP compact 9mm. Then when I had enough of that thing digging into my side I got a Walther PPS. Just recently switched to a P365. Been carrying for a dozen years and have had 3 edc firearms.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    When I first got into firearms and initially got my chl it was an HK USP compact 9mm. Then when I had enough of that thing digging into my side I got a Walther PPS. Just recently switched to a P365. Been carrying for a dozen years and have had 3 edc firearms.
    If a H&K USPC was dinging into your side you needed a new holster, not a new pistol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom