• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My son is a college student and he works in the summer and usually makes about $5k a year because he is also an intern during the school year for our youth dept and gets a few hundred a month from that job

The college he goes to shut down and went online and thus closed the cafeteria that we already Prepaid for his meals.. so no food on campus and no in person classes so he moved back in with us to keep from buying all his food which had already been prepaid for until this.

So he is renting an apartment he isn’t living in and can’t get out of the lease(already ask) and he just got laid off from the intern job because of the virus and that was the money he was basically paying rent with.

So I said all of that to say this.

He doesn’t get shit for stimulus because he was claimed under us last year, and I ain’t getting shit for stimulus because apparently I make too much and I am looking at a fairly large cut in pay over the next 6 months.

So would anyone like to guess how I feel about this?

This might sound like a dick move, but I would break the lease.

In these trying times, there’s no way in hell you’ll be dinged for doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    My son is a college student and he works in the summer and usually makes about $5k a year because he is also an intern during the school year for our youth dept and gets a few hundred a month from that job

The college he goes to shut down and went online and thus closed the cafeteria that we already Prepaid for his meals.. so no food on campus and no in person classes so he moved back in with us to keep from buying all his food which had already been prepaid for until this.

So he is renting an apartment he isn’t living in and can’t get out of the lease(already ask) and he just got laid off from the intern job because of the virus and that was the money he was basically paying rent with.

He doesn’t get shit for stimulus because he was claimed under us last year, and I ain’t getting shit for stimulus because apparently I make too much and I am looking at a fairly large cut in pay over the next 6 months.

Read the lease, there’s got to be a provision to break with notice.

Might be good to read this and click on a couple of links.

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article...oard/287-6fd8c7e3-80d4-41f2-acfa-50cf203f8505

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

??
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      92.3 KB · Views: 511

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am giving what little I will get to my 24 year old daughter whose hair salon was forced to close. She and her boyfriend were really getting their adult lives on track, too.

His car is paid off and she is paying zero interest rate on her Nissan (she has a better credit score than I). She already spoke to Nissan to defer payments. He is getting UE, they will each get the full Trump ca$h. They have enough saved for a while, and their landlord loves them and is working with them on reduced payments.

I am fortunate to be in an industry that is essential. Work is booming.

Anyone laid off who needs to work let me know, I can post a link to our jobs page. We are nationwide and all over Texas.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Anyone get theirs yet? Some were supposed to be deposited Friday and Saturday.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Mine hasn't showed up yet. Are they going alphabetically? I'll probably just bank mine until gun prices come back down to normal.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The way I read they are using your direct deposit load return info to deposit the Government gun money check.

I haven't loaned the Government money in over a decade. But I have direct deposit from three different .gov agencies. You would think they would be able to use that info

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got mine yesterday. I've already ordered a bunch of reloading supplies I was needing (50-70 stuff is effing expensive), some parts, and a few things I was needing so that I can bring an old S&W back to life. I need to spend some of it on getting some work done on my truck too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just speculation on my part, I'm thinking the ones that are eligible, and done by direct deposit, are being done first. Those that will require an actual paper check and mailed, might take a bit longer.

I was actually quite surprised of seeing it being deposited this morning. I really didn't expect it for at least a few more weeks.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Just speculation on my part, I'm thinking the ones that are eligible, and done by direct deposit, are being done first. Those that will require an actual paper check and mailed, might take a bit longer.

I was actually quite surprised of seeing it being deposited this morning. I really didn't expect it for at least a few more weeks.
    From what I read earlier, they are mailing out around 5 million checks per day and are ramping that up daily. The only way they will direct deposit is if they have your bank info on file (ACH for monies owed or refunds). If you have not used your bank account for either, they will mail check. To avoid mailed check or if unsure go to IRS website. If you suspect you may get some funds, you can go to IRS website and enter required information and it will automatically let you know if you will get a stimulus payment. If you have not filed this year, they require your 2018 AGI. If you filed this year they will require your 2019 AGI. From what I understand, this stimulus is being run "parallel" to normal IRS payment/refunds, so the payments will go out if qualified, regardless if you owe now or even back taxes.

Top Bottom