• ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    SloppyShooter,

"In the days of yore", when I basically lived at WB as a teenager, the buns were buttered/toasted on the same grill as the meat/cheese were.
    (They also once had freshly hand-cut steak fries in Galveston's franchise too.)

NOTE: Watching the mini-bikini clad (and near NAKED) coeds at the picnic tables were BETTER than the food by far.
    (Btw, I've wondered WHY females will be that nearly naked in public but be very embarrassed to be spotted in their house in bra/pants that are usually "more covered-up".)

yours, satx

Well, it would seem your experience goes against normal Whataburger practice. It seems they in fact are still using the bun toaster by some accounts.

It's not butter, it's bun oil, that lives in the tray below the roller on the front. I'm too un-tech-savvy to post a link, but Googling APW M-95-2 will pull up a pretty decent example of the bun toaster Whataburger used ( or possibly still uses.)
    Venture Surplus ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I t took me SIX YEARS of clearly repeated requests to finally get a WhataBurger WITHOUT mustard.

“Pero, No comprendo “Without mustard!”

leVieux

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Then you did NOT get a Whataburger, a Margarita without salt is not a Margarita, banana split with out a banana is not a banana split. I love my Whataburger!

Agreed. They garnish their burger perfectly. The way is should be.

None of that nasty mayonnaise junk or killing its flavor with ketchup.

The only thing I ever add to my whataburger is bacon and/or jalepeños. Most of the time it’s just the way it comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

The only thing I ever add to my whataburger is bacon and/or jalepeños. Most of the time it’s just the way it comes.

One of my folks had to go to Dallas a few times a year on business and he would call me on the way to the airport and I would tell him to stop by the Whataburger over by the S entrance and get me a #2 and to 'whatasize' it. Get what ever drink you want, but leave my burger and fries alone till you get back to the office or if after 6 pm, drop it off at my house.

It would be cold, but it was a taste of home...

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    In preparation for my Cancer treatment, I bulked up by eating double doubles with jalapenos for breakfast. I got up to 180 lbs. ( Been skinny my whole life. )
    After treatment, I weighed 140 lbs. I thought that was bad, but I never busted 155, and lately I've been losing weight and I weigh 127. 6' tall and 127...can you say "skin and bones?"

Wish I could still eat those double doubles with jalapenos, but the Cancer treatment took away my ability to eat spicy food and my teeth, but I still get me a Whataburger with cheese. I put about 5 packs of pepper and 1salt on it, and enjoy the hell out of it.

BTW: I ordered a Whataburger with cheese to go a couple of weeks ago. Cheese was $.050, not 40, and when I got home, IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY!!!!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    In preparation for my Cancer treatment, I bulked up by eating double doubles with jalapenos for breakfast. I got up to 180 lbs. ( Been skinny my whole life. )
    After treatment, I weighed 140 lbs. I thought that was bad, but I never busted 155, and lately I've been losing weight and I weigh 127. 6' tall and 127...can you say "skin and bones?"

Wish I could still eat those double doubles with jalapenos, but the Cancer treatment took away my ability to eat spicy food and my teeth, but I still get me a Whataburger with cheese. I put about 5 packs of pepper and 1salt on it, and enjoy the hell out of it.

BTW: I ordered a Whataburger with cheese to go a couple of weeks ago. Cheese was $.050, not 40, and when I got home, IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY!!!!
    WOW, you better double up on those double doubles.

I am 6'2" and my combat weight Vietnam/Korea was 147 lbs and I looked like skin and bones...I hope and pray you have beaten the monster...

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

I have them ditch the pickles and add jalapeño. And bacon, and cheese, and raw onion. yep--a WHATABURGER®!

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    There used to be a burger place on the corner of Hancock & Burnet Road in Austin. This was back in '69, I believe. Called "Whopperburger." They had the biggest over the counter burgers I ever saw! Bun musta been 8" in diameter. They were good burgers, but the place didn't stay in business more than a year. Anyone else from Austin remember this joint?

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    WOW, you better double up on those double doubles.

I am 6'2" and my combat weight Vietnam/Korea was 147 lbs and I looked like skin and bones...I hope and pray you have beaten the monster...

Ahhhh....a fellow skinny guy! Most of my life was spent at around 145 lbs. The big C was back in 2003- 2004. It was throat Cancer and the side effects of all that radiation is what's ailing me.

But a couple of years ago, I got my butt kicked and I'm still struggling to overcome. I got that A1N1 flu. Whooped it quick, but developed pneumonia. That crap liked to have killed me, and made me sedentary.
    Having COPD and emphysema didn't help, so I'm still trying to get back to 25% of what I was before.

What were we talking about again?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ahhhh....a fellow skinny guy! Most of my life was spent at around 145 lbs. The big C was back in 2003- 2004. It was throat Cancer and the side effects of all that radiation is what's ailing me.

But a couple of years ago, I got my butt kicked and I'm still struggling to overcome. I got that A1N1 flu. Whooped it quick, but developed pneumonia. That crap liked to have killed me, and made me sedentary.
    Having COPD and emphysema didn't help, so I'm still trying to get back to 25% of what I was before.

What were we talking about again?
    I am the only living member of my family and I am only a few years from living the longest of any of them, they all died of the Big C, my thoughts are with you my friend...take care.

I'm a mayonnaise guy.
    I also add ketchup to my burgers.
    Have you got sick off spoiled MayOnaise? I have, take it from me that is SICK. I won't eat anything that has it.

Top Bottom