• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Lobster, here is your deal: Heading N of Mass, run the little off the main roads that parallel the coast all the way up to Canada. There you will find small towns and PTA's, Volunteery FD's and 1 cop car burgs. What they have a LOT of in Aug and Sept is fund/charity events to buy new fire hoses, cop car, PTA support etc etc etc. You can eat your weight in lobster often for as little as $10 bucks all you can eat lobster cooked more ways than you can possibly imagine. I did that run every year for years as I had business in Boston around the end of Aug.

Lot of fun, met a lot of locals and ate more lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner than I thought the law allowed and my coin went o help out FD's LEO's Cancer victims you name it and they had a fund raiser for it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    View attachment 144459 I'm on vacation up north and lobsters were on sale this week for $5.99/pound. The store will cook them for free.
    I painted mine with vegetable oil, sprinkled on homemade Emeril's seasoning and reheated on the grill.
    Wife turned hers into a lobster roll.

We’ve had those same plates since probably the 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    So the fone rings and my buddy calls and asks what me and wife are doing last night. Not much! How about you guys come over, we will hang in the pool and drink good whiskey and find something to eat. Great, just got back from Costco and came away with 2 Tomahawk steaks (bone on ribeye, about 3 in thick with about 12 in of rib) I will bring them, you guys come up with the rest. They had not seen those big Tomahawk steaks before, so I butterflied them as he and I eat our steak rare and the wives eat med rare. They landed on the grill, women found some salad fixin's and incredible eve, great steak, pool and good drinking whiskey.

img_0075_med.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Stopped in Taco Diner last night. Its been several years since I have eaten at one of those. But it won't that long again.

The shrimp & chorizo tacos are very good. And the elotes was pretty tasty too.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... How about you guys come over, we will hang in the pool and drink good whiskey

View attachment 144990

That Weller Antique is pretty good bourbon alright, part of the BTAC stable.

That’s the new style bottle; find it local or Bourbon Secondary Market?

I’m still finding the better purveyors here, but doesn’t seem like there’s anybody that has access to BTAC regularly or that even knows much about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A mix of black beans and blackeyed beans.

Fried some bacon in the bottom of the pot. Mopped out excess oil with tongs and a couple of paper towels. Chopped Onion, garlic, salt, paprika, diced jalapeno, sage, diced garlic cloves, a couple other spices. Beef broth for the liquid.

Pressure cooker for 20 mins.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    That Weller Antique is pretty good bourbon alright, part of the BTAC stable.

That’s the new style bottle; find it local or Bourbon Secondary Market?

I’m still finding the better purveyors here, but doesn’t seem like there’s anybody that has access to BTAC regularly or that even knows much about it.
    IIRC I got the bottle of 107 over at the Liquor store there on Bandera rd right there by the Pizza joint. They have a good selection for a small store, but if you a selection then head into SA, exit/go left at Dezavala, and there is the BIG SPECS on your left at the second light.

My fav right now is Ranger .36 that is as good as any bourbon I have drank in my life, just wish it was a LOT cheaper. It distilled over in San Antonio: Good folks, got tours and all kinds of stuff going on: https://drinkrangercreek.com

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    IIRC I got the bottle of 107 over at the Liquor store there on Bandera rd right there by the Pizza joint. They have a good selection for a small store, but if you a selection then head into SA, exit/go left at Dezavala, and there is the BIG SPECS on your left at the second light.

My fav right now is Ranger .36 that is as good as any bourbon I have drank in my life, just wish it was a LOT cheaper. It distilled over in San Antonio: Good folks, got tours and all kinds of stuff going on: https://drinkrangercreek.com

Thanks.

I’m familiar with Specs, shop it often; and know the area you mentioned, I’ll have to check that place out.

Word is there’s a Specs going in to a retail space on the I-10 E Frontage Rd just east of Ralph Fair, next to the Walmart. If they ever complete the construction.

Ranger Creek puts out good stuff, too. I will say the Balcones Baby Blue is good whiskey made up near Waco. I’m not such a fan of their Brimstone though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The girlfriend gets off work late.

Tonight it's onion soup. Dedalla' onions sliced. Butter and olive oil, black pepper in a pot. Simmered for about 40mins. In another pot Ill make a fairly strong beef broth.

When the onions have cooked downed and have browned pretty good. Ill add enough beef broth to the soup thickness I want. Simmer for 10-15mins.

Served with Texas garlic toast. Crackers also at the ready.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

Tonight it's onion soup. Dedalla' onions sliced. Butter and olive oil, black pepper in a pot. Simmered for about 40mins. In another pot Ill make a fairly strong beef broth.

When the onions have cooked downed and have browned pretty good. Ill add enough beef broth to the soup thickness I want. Simmer for 10-15mins.

I'll be there soon!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Repeat but with chopped mushrooms added later in the reducing of the onions.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Repeat but with chopped mushrooms added later in the reducing of the onions.

I really like that combo on almost everything.

Grilled some salmon. Kroger had it on sale fir $7.99. Sometimes the cheap stuff ain't that tasty. But this was really good with a light dusting of TONY Chachery's and a quick spray of olive oil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Chicken fried beef cube steak. Stuffing with a fried egg.

The raw meat was dipped in beaten eggs. Garlic and onion powder previously added when they were mixed up.

Dip once and put in a bag with Lemon pepper bread crumbs. Fried for 3mins each side.

Fried two sunny side eggs. Served on top the stuffing. Ocean Salt and crushed pepper on the egg.

For the stuffing. Beef broth powder and some pickled jalapenos slices to the water and butter before adding the stuffing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Pressure cooker roast beef.

Soaked the meat in Worcester sauce. Chopped up onions, potatoes, and carrots. Made some strong beef broth in a small pot.

Browned the meat in the bottom of the pressure cooker. Added spices. Pepper, garlic powder, sage, paprika, etc. Poured three cups broth to the meat. Added the vegetables. Mixed around good.

Sealed up. Cooked for 20mins on high pressure.

String bean casserole for the side. Brown gravy made with the liquid out the cooker.

Top Bottom