• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I could eat Prime Rib on the rare side with ground horseradish every day. There used to be a place in Allen that did AYCE prime but they closed a number of years ago. I think my buddies and I bankrupted the place.

Where’s the restaurant?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I could eat Prime Rib on the rare side with ground horseradish every day. There used to be a place in Allen that did AYCE prime but they closed a number of years ago. I think my buddies and I bankrupted the place.

Where’s the restaurant?
    Believe me, that can get old in under a week. You should see the ways we use any leftover prime rime up.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I’m in San Francisco once a month for 5 days or so at a stretch and typically skip breakfast and lunch so I can have a really good dinner and burn my per diem. Unless someone takes me out or I’m meeting old friends, I eat at the House of Prime Rib like clockwork which is a short distance from the office. I don’t drink or “party” and a good meal is all the excitement I can tolerate nowadays.

They do it up right, a 1lb boneless med rare with a dozen pacific oysters on the half shell. That, or occasionally fish. Every night.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’m in San Francisco once a month for 5 days or so and typically skip breakfast and lunch so I can have a really good dinner and burn my per diem. Unless someone takes me out I eat at the House of Prime Rib which is a short distance from my office. 1lb rare with a dozen pacific oysters on the half shell. That, or fish. Every night.
    One of the best prime ribs I ever ate was @ Circus Circus in Las Vegas in their coffee shop. It's been years ago but it was a pound slice cooked perfectly for like $5.99 with 2 sides.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    baboon, how does your buddy cook prime rib and what seasonings does he use?

I cook it the way I saw my family cook it except for the seasoning. In the oven at 250 for 30 minutes per pound for bone-in with a liberal coat of a generic granular steak seasoning. Nothing special, but it always turns out juicy and flavorful.

Last edited:

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    We need to have a TGT potluck BBQ at a nice park somewhere. I’d pony up 20-30lb of chicken quarters to grill and make some garlic coleslaw.

Ever had coleslaw so good you could eat it for a meal? Same recipe as the old Vincent’s Seafood. Man is it good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon, how does your buddy cook prime rib and what seasonings does he use?
    Rubs them down with minced garlic, kosher salt & fresh thyme. Those go into a 350 convection oven until rare & then going to a warming box. They have a nice seared outside on them. They don't mess around with ingredient portions or cook times. They cook until rare per a meat thermometer. My buddy does not cook rather owns the place. The guy who cooks them has been cooking for 30+ years, 22 for my buddy.

He does to seating per day so they cook off a whole case to start off with. I talked him into using boneless as it's just easier for the kitchen to deal with.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    My cooking times aren’t approximate, just a rule of thumb. I prefer low and slow. The meat is juicier and tender.

I like to use kosher salt on meat as well. That, and cracked pepper.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    One of the best prime ribs I ever ate was @ Circus Circus in Las Vegas in their coffee shop. It's been years ago but it was a pound slice cooked perfectly for like $5.99 with 2 sides.

A trip to Lawrey's Prime Rib is always a treat. Love that place. And the creamed spinach is the best I've had anywhere. Funny thing is, that was the first place I had it, and I didn't know I liked it. After I had it there, I have whenever I see it.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Creamed Spinach. Yeppers.

I’ve tried to duplicate Boston Market’s creamed spinach but haven’t pulled it off. I could eat a 5 gallon bucket of it.

Top Bottom