• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I just take an extra blood pressure pill with them! Along with a roll of Tums too.
    Before I quit working my doctor had me on 6 different blood pressure meds. When he added the last one I went to work & thought I was going to die. After I quit working & stopped taking them all. every time I see my doctor he can't believe my blood pressure is good. And I have put on a ton of weight. Never buy antacids, drink a glass of milk instead. Very rarely get reflux. Pepperoni pizza then laying down does it the most, so I avoid pepperoni.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    a003dd62b4c1a80dcb67ed21513d4743.jpg

Smoked to 120*, then seared at 700*

f709f409bc9a7d794afb7c3065194934.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Made my first pot of chili for the year! It tasted awesome! Now to see if it messes with my guts.

3-4 80% ground beef browned. Then I added a bunch of flour & beef base letting the flour cook.

Next I quartered 8 plum tomatoes, large white onion, 2 poblanos pepper, 2 huge jalapeños & 4 garlic. Roasted that all off in the air fryer until the peppers were blacked. Peeled & seeded the peppers & pureed in the blender with 4 chipotles in adobo sauce. Added chili powder, cumin & tomato paste, & let that cook with the meat. Added 1 can of Bush Chili beans let that simmer, then adjusted the powder, cumin whole bunch of cilantro leaves & parsley (help with the gas).

Last night with shredded jack & no crackers! Had a bowl just now with saltines.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    CHINESE YELLOW CURRY CHICKEN over RICE, from our "little local hole in the wall" Chinese place : WEN WA.
    (ZERO "atmosphere" but GREAT food, cooked from fresh & often locally-sourced ingredients.)

Note: Traditional Chinese people distrust places that have lots of decoration &"atmosphere", as they presume that the owners spent more money on "decor" & LITTLE on FRESH & well-prepared food.
    (When I have Asians come to SATX to visit, I always take them to WEN WA; they invariably APPROVE OF the food. = We recently had a retired professor from Taiwan visit & he said that the food there was "authentic" & "could have been served at any number of good places in Taipei".)

yours, satx

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    CHINESE YELLOW CURRY CHICKEN over RICE, from our "little local hole in the wall" Chinese place : WEN WA.
    (ZERO "atmosphere" but GREAT food, cooked from fresh & often locally-sourced ingredients.)

Note: Traditional Chinese people distrust places that have lots of decoration &"atmosphere", as they presume that the owners spent more money on "decor" & LITTLE on FRESH & well-prepared food.
    (When I have Asians come to SATX to visit, I always take them to WEN WA; they invariably APPROVE OF the food. = We recently had a retired professor from Taiwan visit & he said that the food there was "authentic" & "could have been served at any number of good places in Taipei".)

yours, satx
    Adding that to my list if places to eat when I have to work/stay in the area...thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My 7 year old wanted shrimp the other night...so I put her at the stove and let her cook it herself.

f3395febb5317424762cd1d5b210bcdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jetcycles,

GOOD DEAL.

I had ZERO chance to NOT learn to cook, as both my Aunt Mary Kyle & my governess, "Sister" Willie Mae, started me cooking while standing on a tall stool, so that I could see to cook.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

My dear friend Sandra Lynn S____________, who is a graduate chef of the CORDON BLEU school in Paris, France says that "the 3 major food groups of Texas" are: HOT PEPPER, GREASE & COLD BEER.
    (Nonetheless, she can put away the TEXAS BBQ & draft beer, W/O difficulty.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom