DK Firearms

Whats the least pleasant gun you've shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • muddyvw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2019
    Charleston, WV
    hi all! new here but searching google for parts for my competitor CP-1 pistol led me here... Glad to see others have them. I love mine in .308. By far my worst was a 7.62x54R pistol. Weeoo. That one left some stinging in the wrists for days.
    Texas SOT

muddyvw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2019
    Charleston, WV
    Any chance, you know where to find any bits for these, Mr English? Here's mine

Attachments

• 59469183_2329066927187342_8882996338208276480_o.jpg
      59469183_2329066927187342_8882996338208276480_o.jpg
      133.5 KB · Views: 201

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Any chance, you know where to find any bits for these, Mr English? Here's mine
    I'm away from my desktop. I'll do some research when I get home.

Unfortunately, my offhand recollection is that our pistols are complete orphans.

More later.

muddyvw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2019
    Charleston, WV
    Thanks brother. Take your time. I've been searching every now and then for a couple years now. I figured it was a long shot but this is the first i've even seen another owner. Cheers!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    new here but searching google for parts for my competitor CP-1 pistol led me here
    When I approved your membership I remember wondering why someone from WV would want to hang out with us degenerates. Welcome.

As for your question, www.competitor-pistol.com went offline in early 2016 after the owner, Al Straitiff, died in February of that year.

Info here.

Unless someone tells me different, I'm going on the assumption that the pistols are orphans, there are no parts, and there is no service available. If anybody knows different, I'd love to hear.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    My dad's back up gun. An AMT 380 back up. I'd rather shoot 357 in my scadmium S&W than shoot that 380 again.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    What gun have you shot, upon firing made you immediately put it back down?

For me its those .45/.410 bond arms derrengers. As if the jam-your-hand-in-a-blender recoil impusle wasn't bad enough, you only get 2 rounds in a heavy, and rather bulky gun. No thanks.
    A Mossberg 500. Never picked up another one.

Best I can explain it would be like picking up a baseball bat only to find it was shaped exactly like a Bargain Barn piece of 2x4.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    I'm minding my own business when one of the regulars at the range walks over. He asks if I would like to shoot his 458 WinMag. I politely declined. He insists and succeeds in pestering me into shooting the rifle. So, I pull it into my shoulder as I was shooting from a bench. Squeezed the trigger finding normal recoil for the beast. Lift my head and found the rear scope ring broken and the scope flopping. Never again.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Thompson Contender in 4570. After a box of ammo, the next day my hand was bruised and sore as heck. It competed with my shoulder after shooting a box of .338 Magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I don't buy weird guns and I have no friends so I guess my submission is my 12 gauge Maverick 88 18" barrel when it had the pistol grip. I put the butt stock on it immediately after.

Dang, just saw your post.

You’re wrong. You have friends. Here :)

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Rossi revolver 38 Special for me. It was not that reliable and I used to carry it for my first carry security gun while working at armed contracts. I worked extra hours at the time to buy my S&W 5906.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big difference between sharp kick and hard shove. My 338LM gives me a hard shove, used to be a sharp kick. Not bad at all now. Shot my buddies S&W 500 with 300g bullets. It was fun, I actually hit a 200yrd gong with it. I would not try the 500g or 750g.

I stay away from unpleasant guns. I find no joy in shooting them and they only mess with my flinch.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Big difference between sharp kick and hard shove. My 338LM gives me a hard shove, used to be a sharp kick. Not bad at all now. Shot my buddies S&W 500 with 300g bullets. It was fun, I actually hit a 200yrd gong with it. I would not try the 500g or 750g.

I stay away from unpleasant guns. I find no joy in shooting them and they only mess with my flinch.
    If all loaded to max (or the same percent of max anyways) the heavier bullets will have less recoil.

They are slower and velocity plays a big part of recoil.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If all loaded to max (or the same percent of max anyways) the heavier bullets will have less recoil.

They are slower and velocity plays a big part of recoil.
    Hmm... I thought that heavier bullets induce more recoil. I thought the recoil is part of the powder trying to get that heavier bullet moving. I'm I wrong on this?

My 6.5cm seems lighter on recoil with the 120g apposed to the 147g.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I just shot a LC9 a few weeks ago and it a handful. The first shot was a big surprise for the amount of snap that it had. It nearly felt like it would fly out of my hands.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Felt the same way with my Keltec P3AT 380. Sold it pretty quick. Just too small for my hand. Hard to hold on to.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Hmm... I thought that heavier bullets induce more recoil. I thought the recoil is part of the powder trying to get that heavier bullet moving. I'm I wrong on this?

My 6.5cm seems lighter on recoil with the 120g apposed to the 147g.

It all depends upon the payload. Sometimes lighter Bullets have more recoil, sometimes heavier ones do.

As a general rule, if the powder load is the same/remains constant, heavier bullets will recoil more.

Top Bottom