• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I don't think we had any business in Iraq in the 2000's.

We probably didn't back in 1993 either, but there was a clear mission, we went in heavy and with support from the neighbors and we didn't try to freaking "nation build".

None of this should be confused with disrespecting those who served over there. Whether the wars were right or not, it doesn't make your individual service anything less than the honorable sacrifice that it was.

Thanks for spelling it out for the mentally challenged.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Please explain, for the mentally challenged, how stopping the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait was morally worse than Putins involvement in Crimea.

Then explain how Kuwait would have been better off had the Iraqi invasion been successful.

It was about oil, that was our business there. Unless we completely cut out dependence on foreign resources we will always have to get involved in conflicts that jeopardize the resources we depend on from other nations. That is the situation we are in right now.

Isolationist ideals only work if we are completely self reliant.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Someone (whether that was us or not) had the moral right to expel Iraq from Kuwait.

Putin invading Crimea and taking over Ukraine behind the scenes?

I don't understand what we are talking about at this point.

Back to the OP. Where does Putin stop?

I'm not sure. But Russia is fat with cash and we are strapped with debt.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Please explain, for the mentally challenged, how stopping the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait was morally worse than Putins involvement in Crimea.

Then explain how Kuwait would have been better off had the Iraqi invasion been successful.

It was about oil, that was our business there. Unless we completely cut out dependence on foreign resources we will always have to get involved in conflicts that jeopardize the resources we depend on from other nations. That is the situation we are in right now.

Isolationist ideals only work if we are completely self reliant.

Was talking about Operation Iraqi Freedom, not the Gulf War. That was merely a side note. But on that subject.

It had been long assumed that the United States Government, shortly before Iraq invaded Kuwait in August of 1990, gave Saddam Hussein a green light to attack. A State Department cable recently published by WikiLeaks confirmed that U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie did indeed have a conversation with Saddam Hussein one week prior to Iraq’s August 1, 1990, invasion of Kuwait.
    Amazingly, the released cable was entitled,
    “Saddam’s Message of Friendship to President Bush.” (published below)
    In it, Ambassador Glaspie affirmed to Saddam that “the President had instructed her to broaden and deepen our relations with Iraq.” As Saddam Hussein outlined Iraq’s ongoing border dispute with Kuwait, Ambassador Glaspie was quite clear that, “we took no position on these Arab affairs.”
    There would have been no reason for Saddam Hussein not to take this assurance at face value. The U.S. was quite supportive of his invasion and war of aggression against Iran in the 1980s. With this approval from the U.S. Government, it wasn’t surprising that the invasion occurred. The shock and surprise was how quickly the tables were turned and our friend, Saddam Hussein, all of a sudden became Hitler personified.

CONGRESSMAN RON PAUL: Classified Cable Proves US Ok?d Saddam?s Kuwait Invasion | Veterans Today

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Silly rabbits, tricks are for kids. Even to this day we get our feathers ruffled by one country invading another.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There are maybe 20 countries around the world that we cant push around. Russia is in this group. So we will sit by and watch them expand it looks like.

With our economy and debt we cant afford to finish WW2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Okay, I'll say it. If you look at Iraq's present condition, I would say our involvement there was morally worse than Russia's involvement in Crimea. This goes for the first Gulf War as well. And Panama. The Bush's have a track record of overthrowing and wrecking countries, slaughtering thousands of women and children on our dime. Don't think this has happened in Crimea.

Afghanistan is another story, but Russia has been down that road too. And their dealings with terrorists threats in Chechnya.

We had no business there. I'll leave it at that Mr. Post Commander.

You sound like a raging democrat, especially with your BS about the Bushes "slaughtering thousands of women and children on our dime" and our involvement in Iraq being morally worse than Russia in Crimea. You make it sound like the US ordered mass executions like Germany in WWll. Matter of fact, our involvement was more about liberation unlike Russia and their land grab tactics. You also say that Russia hasn't killed anyone in Crimea but only because the Crimeans don't exactly want to resist nor do they have a means of fighting a hostile country bent on power grabbing even if they wanted to. If you're going to continue defending Russia and tearing up the US you might as well just move there and stop breathing our air.

There are maybe 20 countries around the world that we cant push around. Russia is in this group. So we will sit by and watch them expand it looks like.

With our economy and debt we cant afford to finish WW2.

I feel the onset of the cold war 2.0 coming on soon.

-PAK-

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Then your "stay till we win" strategy would mean a never ending occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

If that is what you got out of my post then you are not following along. When you break their will to fight from overwhelming power you don't have to stay and occupy on a never ending basis.

War is ugly and expensive you don't go in and half ass your effort by restricting our troops from kicking their aces. You get it done and go home and let them rebuild and clean up the mess that they created with their aggression.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If that is what you got out of my post then you are not following along. When you break their will to fight from overwhelming power you don't have to stay and occupy on a never ending basis.

War is ugly and expensive you don't go in and half ass your effort by restricting our troops from kicking their aces. You get it done and go home and let them rebuild and clean up the mess that they created with their aggression.

I don't disagree on how wars should be fought, but I don't think it is always so black in white as you put it in your first post.

If you are going to start a war, you should be fully prepared to go in and completely destroy the enemy. That should be the only goal.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Where does Putin stop? Hes got a briefcase for of cash and all we have is debt. Hes the daddy now. Hes been working on getting into this position for a long time. From the smirk on his face...he relishes it.

It is worth noting that a country that discourages abortion, encourages marriage and having kids, that rejects the radical homosexual agenda, that has a state church...is on the raise and now America having widely embraced so much decadence and evil...is on the decline.

From what I understand Gasprom (sp?) Is state owned and I dont know how much of their economy is open to outside investment?

I mention that for 2 reasons. Where are world investors going to keep investing? Secondly if you disallow foreign investment then you prevent foreign control.

They are operating out the bounds setup by the world banks which believe (possibly accurately) that if all the economy are tied together then you reduce major wars. Russia figured out how to do it "their way". I know our economy is still huge but what is it based in and who is in charge? Russia developed a plan. They have leadership and they are working the plan.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Some other things to consider here.

Would Putin still be doing this if Ukraine still had the worlds 3rd largest stockpile of nuclear arms??

I bet the next time a country is asked to disarm itself of nuclear weapons on the promise of 'security assurances' from the big world powers ( Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances), they tell those same world powers to..........well you get the idea.:laughing:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Where does Putin stop? Hes got a briefcase for of cash and all we have is debt. Hes the daddy now. Hes been working on getting into this position for a long time. From the smirk on his face...he relishes it.

It is worth noting that a country that discourages abortion, encourages marriage and having kids, that rejects the radical homosexual agenda, that has a state church...is on the raise and now America having widely embraced so much decadence and evil...is on the decline.

From what I understand Gasprom (sp?) Is state owned and I dont know how much of their economy is open to outside investment?

I mention that for 2 reasons. Where are world investors going to keep investing? Secondly if you disallow foreign investment then you prevent foreign control.

They are operating out the bounds setup by the world banks which believe (possibly accurately) that if all the economy are tied together then you reduce major wars. Russia figured out how to do it "their way". I know our economy is still huge but what is it based in and who is in charge? Russia developed a plan. They have leadership and they are working the plan.

I think Putins stance on those subjects is more related to power and control than old fashioned conservatism.

I don't know the guy, but get that feeling.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Some other things to consider here.

Would Putin still be doing this if Ukraine still had the worlds 3rd largest stockpile of nuclear arms??

I bet the next time a country is asked to disarm itself of nuclear weapons on the promise of 'security assurances' from the big world powers ( Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances), they tell those same world powers to..........well you get the idea.:laughing:

Excellent point.

Top Bottom