• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    She is determined to walk every day, like she always has (so far she doesn't get lost but she keeps it short), sleeps well enough, but her eating habits have really changed from the healthy diet she used to maintain. I have a book on the Med diet here somewhere, I have taken over the cooking, so I will take another look at that.

Tip on not losing her on a walk.

Setup her IPhone to share location. You can see where she is at by looking at your phone.

Just make sure she takes her phone with her each time. Old dad trick….
    Hurley's Gold

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    My mother refused to take the meds that could have slowed the progression. I believe that was a blessing because the worst part at the end went relatively quick. My aunt, my mother's sister who also subcomed to Alzheimers, took the meds and caused the worst part to be long drawn out.

Thinking hard about this, the wife has an appt this Thurs with her neurologist to evaluate her response to the med she started taking 3 months ago.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Tip on not losing her on a walk.

Setup her IPhone to share location. You can see where she is at by looking at your phone.

Just make sure she takes her phone with her each time. Old dad trick….

Thank you.

She has an Android phone and takes it with her every time, along with POM pepper spray for miscreants and bad dogs.

I know she has her "location" feature on, I will research how to track her. Thanx!!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thank you.

She has an Android phone and takes it with her every time, along with POM pepper spray for miscreants and bad dogs.

I know she has her "location" feature on, I will research how to track her. Thanx!!

When signed in, you can just go to Google Maps app, select the menu (should be the colored circle up on the top right-mine has the first letter of my g-mail address in it).

Go to "Location sharing" and "New share" and from there you should be able to pick her from your contacts. She will have to acknowledge from her phone as well and there is periodic emails that your phones are sharing that info with another.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    When signed in, you can just go to Google Maps app, select the menu (should be the colored circle up on the top right-mine has the first letter of my g-mail address in it).

Go to "Location sharing" and "New share" and from there you should be able to pick her from your contacts. She will have to acknowledge from her phone as well and there is periodic emails that your phones are sharing that info with another.

That was EXTREMELY helpful info! THANK YOU!!!!!!

I was floundering around several diff tries/ways and I couldn't find out how to access the menu on Google Maps.

I think it's going to work out now... it said it is sending her phone a link.

Gratefully yours,

bb

(Edit to add: both phones are set up and tracking each other now. I chose the setting of tracking until I turn the feature off, instead of the track for an hour setting. It is working fine. Thanx again!)

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hard to watch. I had to find the humor in it, otherwise its just too sad.

I understand. And you just have to find some way of coping with a loved one that is affected by the disease.

Those last couple of years, when I was able to visit my grandmother, I'd leave the nursing home just emotionally and mentally drained. She had gotten so bad, the last visit we made several months before she passed, I left in tears because seeing her like that was hard on me.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Hard to watch. I had to find the humor in it, otherwise its just too sad.

Same here with my wife's dad when he got bad enough to need to be in a facility. My wife was devastated. But Charlie, her Dad, would say the most outrageous things, big stories. Things like chasing Coolies around, and one about having a black baby somewhere in his past. The wife was appalled, but I had to find the humor in it.

Charlie crept into other patients rooms and got into bed with female patients... they didn't know any better and thought it was their husband, and Charlie thought it was his wife. However, when the female patients actual husband came in and found them, he was not amused at all.

His anger and violence got worse and eventually he had to be heavily sedated. The wife's brother got Charlie off sedation. But when we visited he was in a straitjacket and raging at the corner of wall/ceiling. The racket/disturbance was so loud that they insisted on sedating him again. He was hearing and seeing things. It wasn't long after that that he passed.

I don't wish this on my worst enemies...

Last edited:

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I'm not going to question your reasons for putting him on ignore, and many probably know he and I have had some differences of opinions on many things, but even given that, I do hope he's not sick or hurt.
    I don't remember the reason but I'm sure he REALLY pi$$ed me off enough to hit the IGNORE button. Not too many people push that far but...................

Top Bottom