• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    Bass Pro parking lot, Bill Millers lot, Wal mart lot. the airport in Fredricksburg tx

Ive bought several things, from people on forum at these places, I'm always armed and polite, this is Texas!
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I check ID to ensure they're a Texas resident, have them verbally affirm that they can legally buy and possess a gun, and complete the deal.

Location? Wherever you're comfortable. When I'm dealing with someone from a common website forum that I've interacted with in the past, they're welcome to pick it up at my house, or I'll go to theirs. I usually have a buddy there, or a wife with a gun on the other side of the door, watching on the security system. It's not rocket science, nor is it usually a big deal, unless you're dealing with someone scummy, at which point I'll ask why you're dealing with someone like that in the first place. It IS one of the reasons I'm glad FB took their anti-gun position - there was a WHOLE lot of questionable deals going on some of the pages, while others were very well-monitored.

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    In a van.

Seriously, I bought one at Cabela's lot and sold one at my house. Both should feel comfortable with location and I usually have someone with me. From phone call, you get a good idea of the other person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yor house is the dumbest place to sell a gun unless you really know the buyer. Shaking my head here

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have met at the usual places. Store parking lots, restaurants, gas stations. It doesn't matter to me as long as the person shows up. This forum is the only place that I use for buying and selling guns. Everybody I have done business with has been great. Great communication is important too to minimize any confusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    If you're that worried about the person you're selling the gun to, why are you selling them the gun?

Most gun sales and buys I have done (95%) I have never meet the person or dealt with them ever.

Why the **** you meet them at your home? Fucking stupid. Just my $0.02

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well ok then, don't sell a gun at your house. I've also sold motorcycles, appliances, and just last night a lawn mower.

I'm dumb so explain to me why it is the dumbest place.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Most gun sales and buys I have done (95%) I have never meet the person or dealt with them ever.

But announcing your straw deals on a gun forum that various alphabet.gov types could be monitoring strikes you as smart?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Because I control access to my home, have alarms AND recording equipment - and neighbors that are good shots. Besides which, if I'm that worried about who's buying the gun - why would I sell to them?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I've sold several "duplicates" out of my collection (and other things like a 10HP Johnson OB motor) at the Valero parking lot near my house. = Always open & bright lights all night.

yours, satx

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    My small town police department has a designated parking lot area under surveillance, with signs posted as a safe transactions area. I use it for Craig's Lists deals as well, as you never know who's going to show up.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Hmm - let's see the places I bought a gun from somebody. On the side of the road in downtown Austin, Academy parking lot - 4 times, gas station - 3 times, gun range - 2 times, at another's house 2 times, at another's place of business . . .

Some were from people on here and I didn't think twice about where. Some were from complete strangers from TXGunTrader - I was cautious and armed. The funny thing is that they all were great people. If somebody gets talking on the phone about the nuances between a 29-2 and a 29-3, I'm not worried.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013

Still waiting but hey, take your time...... Also when you have time, explain "never dealt with them ever"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    The FWPD is doing a gun buyback. So you can sell to them for a $50 gift card.

Or you can meet me anywhere and I'll give you $60

tenor.gif

Top Bottom