• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluesea112

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    West
    I bought a bushmaster once. I will never make that mistake again. That rifle would short cycle anything not loaded to max pressure. I would not trade my M&P 15 for any amount of money. That rifle cycles premo ammo and trash ammo without a hiccup, and it prints 1/2" groups at 100 yards. My father has an Olympic Arms AR and that thing is as reliable and accurate as my S&W. I don't know why more folks don't consider Olympic Arms, because they make a great rifle.
    Hurley's Gold

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I bought a bushmaster once. I will never make that mistake again. That rifle would short cycle anything not loaded to max pressure. I would not trade my M&P 15 for any amount of money. That rifle cycles premo ammo and trash ammo without a hiccup, and it prints 1/2" groups at 100 yards. My father has an Olympic Arms AR and that thing is as reliable and accurate as my S&W. I don't know why more folks don't consider Olympic Arms, because they make a great rifle.

Ask that question over at AR15.com and watch what happens. Just wear an asbestos suit when you do. I have an M&P 15 too, the Sport model, and it goes bang no matter what crap its fed. It may not have all the bells and whistles but I'm not deep in the real shit so it's ok... the hogs won't be able to tell the difference.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Because the odds of a Olympic being a lemon are a lot higher than other brands.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

So your sample of one Olympic makes all Oly's great...see the contradiction re: your Bushmaster?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Of the small sample of olympic arms rifles ive handled (10-15), fit/finish was COMPLETE trash. The lowers would not fit on any of the bcm/colt/psa uppers I had at the time. Lower build was slop, cheap crap lpk's with gummy and gritty triggers. Uppers had mis aligned feed ramps. So, all in all, in my heavy opinion, these rifles are complete pieces of crap. Maybe the older production rifles were decent, but these new ones SUCK. I sure hope the die hard defenders of them on here just have the older ones, and are not just fan boys who are trying to justify a crap purchase that they feel bad about. Seriously, you can buy a colt or bcm for the same price. Your an idiotic fan boy if you would take the olympic arms over the clearly unquestionable better rifle.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    But how can that possibly be true when there are only 3 manufacturers in the whole wide world that build lowers for all of the AR15 companies?

/sarcasm

If that were the case, then all rifles would be built to spec, and the world would be a perfect place with nothing but good quality AR15's. Hey, one could dream right?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Lol mine is from 1985 and no uppers will fit on it either. And the magazine well is ungodly tight too. You have to beat on it with a hammer to get Pmags out. A lot of the small parts are nonstandard too.

Mine was from when olympic was still called SGW and the quality wasn't
    any better than now.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I sure hope the die hard defenders of them on here just have the older ones, and are not just fan boys who are trying to justify a crap purchase that they feel bad about. Seriously, you can buy a colt or bcm for the same price. Your an idiotic fan boy if you would take the olympic arms over the clearly unquestionable better rifle.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you said it so eloquently. If I said it people get sand in their vaginas, and go tell daddy on me. I call a spade a spade. Just like the pot metal walther p22s. I had a guy start a new thread to try and insult me because he didn't like my experience with the potmetal p22.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wonder who will come out with a decent 4x for cheap. I know the acog as I already have one, but it would be cool to have a cheaper option. I like the magnified eotechs. It would be cool to have a self contained 4x holo in a small package.
    How cheap are you wanting? There's stuff like this out there: iTac Defense: 3x Prismatic Scope Review
    I'm not really a fan of Chinese produced scopes, but I have the Sig branded version of this and it's actually pretty nice. I bought it to just play around with, but found that I like it. The reticle is way too busy, but it's compact, light weight, and most importantly clear. The eye relief seems pretty forgiving on it, and I haven't noticed any parallax issues on it from 25-100 yards (I'm sure its there, I just don't notice). Construction seems pretty good but only time will tell if it will actually hold up or not.

I'm not really sure why there aren't more midrange options between something like the CP1 and an ACOG. What I'd like to see is Burris come out with a fixed power MTAC that is half as long as the current one and lighter as well. That would be a winner.

I dont think it's considered the best longest lasting rifle. It is however considered the standard to match others too. From all I am reading, they are the ones that have a multi million dollar contract and have retained it for 50+ years.
    Logistics has more to do with that contract than quality does. There are some AR manufactures out there that build high quality ARs for cheaper than Colt (PSA comes to mind), but there's no way they could manage the production, support, and parts supply that Colt can. I see Colt as more like the HK of America. My impression is they don't care much about their civilian sales.

I agree, however, that it doesn't make any sense to spend $900 on Bushy/DPMS when a Colt could be had for $1000.That should be a no-brainer...

Top Bottom