• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I've shot a little bullseye with revolvers but I never mastered thumb cocking for timed and rapid. I used to shoot the first shot single action and the next four were via trigger-cocking. Kudos to the folks who can do it; I'm just not that coordinated.
    Hey Ben,

There was an older gentleman on our team.

He shot the Indoor (Winter) and Outdoor (Summer) Leagues with a K 22 and a K 38.

Both were Short Action 5 Screws.

He shot the Slow Fire portion (legs) Single Action.

He shot both the Timed & Rapid portions (legs) Double Action!

He shot quite well, thank you.

For laughs, he would sometimes shoot leftie....same fashion, and only dropped a couple points....

We had some really good Members!

Later, Mark
    Hurley's Gold

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What is great about the DAK trigger? Everyone I've asked hated it but I've never shot one.

The DAK is one you either love or hate, no middle ground from what I've gathered.

The DAK was one of those light double action triggers that was all the rage in the early to mid 2000's. It was IIRC about a 7.5-8lb DAO pull. It was longer than a Glock pull, about the same total pull length as Sig's traditional double action trigger, but lighter. It was smooth and lighter than normal because it was a partially pre-cocked double action mechanism, again if I'm remembering it correctly. IF the round did not fire on the first pull, you had second strike capability and the trigger pull was heavier, like a normal double action pull - probably about 11lbs.

You had the "safety" of a long DA trigger pull, you got a smooth but lighter pull, but not as light as a typical striker gun or single action.

Its really hard to describe *why* I liked the pull - it was just a nice shooting gun and a decent duty trigger. I had that gun during my transition from OWB only carry to IWB carry, and I liked the DA mechanism for IWB back then, because they are safer than striker fired guns when dealing with IWB (not that I don't carry IWB now with striker guns, that's all I currently have for carry pistols, and I carry almost exclusively AIWB now) because of the longer pull *and* the fact you can put your thumb on the hammer when holstering up, and feel the hammer moving to let you know there's something in the trigger guard.

Sig sold a handful of big LE agencies on the DAK trigger - including the .40 cals that ICE had purchased along with the US Coast Guard.

It fell out of favor almost as fast as it came into favor though, but it took Sig a long while to discontinue them - IIRC around 2015 or so. They still make their original heavy DAO guns, and their first polymer chassis guns - the P250's, had a lighter DAO option but not DAK trigger. I had a P250 .45 that was DAO that was a smooth double action. I just didn't like the way the gun shot - the trigger was great, but I had a hard time being accurate with it (kind of like the Sig Pro/Sig 2022, great ergos, great triggers, just can't keep shots consistent with them)

I wouldn't pass on a Sig with a DAK trigger, but I do prefer their traditional DA guns a bit more. If I were a cop or security guard carrying the pistol for work, the DAK would be good because you don't have to remember the decocker under stress.

Best I can say, if you get the opportunity to shoot one, do it because you can see what the fuss was all about and see if you like it or hate it.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Gt Distributors in Austin used to sell DAK models for stupid cheap but I never got one.

I was always curious about it but never got one. (No OOC) lol

Yeah, the shop I got mine from was selling it for $550, because no one else would buy the DAK guns, they regularly sold out of traditional DA guns.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think the one I miss most is the competition model Winchester 20ga o/u skeet shotgun I had when I was a teen. I don't remember the model number, but I do remember how proud I was that it was mine. It was gorgeous.

Vector6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Kerr
    Years ago I sold an EAA Witness PS ported .45 to a friend.... he moved a few years later
    I tried to buy it back before he left for Florida but he wouldn't sell.
    I have never found another one like it for sale, black poly frame, brushed stainless ported slide, and ported barrel.

Top Bottom