• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Specs had Makers Mark on sale. Never tried before. Sweet and thick falling off to a light warm oak flavor.

It's ok. I'd go with a medium cigar. Nothing dark but nothing blonde. Middle

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Specs had Makers Mark on sale. Never tried before. Sweet and thick falling off to a light warm oak flavor.

It's ok. I'd go with a medium cigar. Nothing dark but nothing blonde. Middle
    I like MM, it's a good everyday drink, very much like WL Weller 90, in fact hard to tell the difference. Its not my choice for serious drinking which is not quantity but quality. There I have several I like WL Weller 107 proof one of my all time favs and there are several others, all in the high proofs with my 107 Weller being the lowest .

Now my serious drinking is a shot n half shot glass, cigar, relaxed and strictly drinking for the taste. A nice eve would be a Churchill, high proof whiskey (bottle and shot glass in the freezer) drank straight up in small sips allowing it to roll down you across your tongue and down the throat in other to taste all the flavors high proof and longer aging brings to the table.

All my whiskey drinking is done from a frozen bottle and or over ice only. I have not drank mixed since my college days back in the 60's...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Found a Father's Day gift I'd forgotten about.

I actually like this better than my normal Glenlivit.

View attachment 144000

Finished off the 15, and found another Father's Day gift, a bottle of 12. Not quite as smooth as the 15, but still good.

I'm kind of digging the Glenfiddich. I think I may have a new go-to for scotch.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Been drinking Angel's Envy Finished Rye since I stumbled across it a few weeks ago. Vaulted the brand into my top 3 (joining Michter's and High West, displacing Templeton Rye).

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you’re a Rye drinker, Thomas Handy Sazerac is the best eye out there. Basil Hayden Dark Rye is fairly new and tasty as well, but is a little light on the finish for me.

TheProphet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    I haven't had much in the way of Rye but I'll definitely give the Handy a try. I've always been a fan of the High West Double Rye.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The Colonel Taylor's rye is pretty good stuff. I've been working on a bottle of that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I haven't had much in the way of Rye but I'll definitely give the Handy a try. I've always been a fan of the High West Double Rye.

Pack your wallet. If you find it, it ain’t cheap.

The Colonel Taylor's rye is pretty good stuff. I've been working on a bottle of that.

E. H. Taylor is a fine Buffalo Trace product line. If you get the chance, the four grain is unique and worth a try.

TheProphet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    MGP?

It's a good daily drinker IMO, and at a good price point. Was the first thing to go in the new flask my wife bought me for our anniversary. Not sure when I'd carry a flask since I'm always carrying a gun but she put a lot of thought into it.

Top Bottom