• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Just found this thread. I'm a whiskey fan, but look forward to reading back a few pages before chiming in with more.
    It may be the last hold out from political correctness that we have (except our guns) so drink deep, drink strong in the words of ole Davy, 'Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas'...
    Lynx Defense

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    LFHenderson;1467794 said:
    So no luck yet on finding the Aberlour 18 but I did pick up a bottle of Aberlour A'Bunadh, it is very nice.

Sent from around the bend.

It seems the Aberlour 18 has shown back up en mass. I have seen it pretty much everywhere I have been to lately. I bought a bottle and put it back for another day. Specs had it, as did Total Wine.

Be prepared, its price has gone up.

LFHenderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    deemus;1613226 said:
    It seems the Aberlour 18 has shown back up en mass. I have seen it pretty much everywhere I have been to lately. I bought a bottle and put it back for another day. Specs had it, as did Total Wine.

Be prepared, its price has gone up.

I will have to stop by Spes and see if I can find a bottle.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    I need a new bottle of something. I'm partial toward anything made by Michters or High West. Suggestions?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I need a new bottle of something. I'm partial toward anything made by Michters or High West. Suggestions?

Never had anything by either of those, but Amerlour is good stuff, as is Glenlivit. Won't pay Macallan prices.

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    IMG_0375.PNG

I was given a bottle of Macallan Rare Cask by a client last. I'm a lover of fine single malts and I'm especially partial to Macallan. This was (sadly I've finished the bottle) by far the best I've ever had.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    When I started drinking Scotch I drank Glenlivet. I now prefer Macallan or Bunnahabhain.

If I want an inexpensive Scotch I go with The Famous Grouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I started drinking Scotch I drank Glenlivet. I now prefer Macallan or Bunnahabhain.

If I want an inexpensive Scotch I go with The Famous Grouse.

On a hunting trip we had a blind taste test thanks to one of our designated drivers. Macallan, Glenlivit and Aberlour, all 18 yr bottles. Most of us expected Macallan to win it, but it did not.

Aberlour came in first with Macallan a close second. Surprising.

Eckolancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Plano
    My go to whisky is blantons, or garrison brothers. Now for scotch my go to is balvenie, or recently I tried Glenmorangie and pretty smooth for great price. Mixed I like black label and chivas for blends. I think @TexasBrandon and me have similar taste in drinks, may need to go have a couple sometime.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    On a hunting trip we had a blind taste test thanks to one of our designated drivers. Macallan, Glenlivit and Aberlour, all 18 yr bottles. Most of us expected Macallan to win it, but it did not.

Aberlour came in first with Macallan a close second. Surprising.

A friend of mine foolishly let his wife give him a blind taste test comparing his favorite high priced brand to cheaper Scotches. The cheaper ones won and she didn't let him forget about it.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My go to whisky is blantons, or garrison brothers. Now for scotch my go to is balvenie, or recently I tried Glenmorangie and pretty smooth for great price. Mixed I like black label and chivas for blends. I think @TexasBrandon and me have similar taste in drinks, may need to go have a couple sometime.

I'm a fan of the Balvenie.

Has anyone tried Laphroaig?

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Laphroaig is really smoky/peaty. If that's your thing, you'll love it, but it's pretty strong on those flavors, so appeals to a narrower fan base IMO.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    A strong scotch that will put you on your ass the first time you try it is always a good experience. I'll probably go find something else this weekend to add to my collection. I've burned through half of each the 18 year and the 12 year.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A strong scotch that will put you on your ass the first time you try it is always a good experience. I'll probably go find something else this weekend to add to my collection. I've burned through half of each the 18 year and the 12 year.

Try the Aberlour 18. Its the one I have purchased most recently.

I tried the A'bunadh. Its decent as well. And Aberlour is owned by Chivas, which you mentioned in another post.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Found a Father's Day gift I'd forgotten about.

I actually like this better than my normal Glenlivit.

1ba213745a12ab193cf9980f44f00757.jpg

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Laphroaig is really smoky/peaty. If that's your thing, you'll love it, but it's pretty strong on those flavors, so appeals to a narrower fan base IMO.

I had a dentist friend of mine who removed a few wisdom teeth for me, at no charge, with the good drugs :) He refused to accept any cash so I bought him a bottle of some fancy Laphroiag.....made the mistake of tasting it - something like a Copenhagen spit cup -he liked it tho'

Top Bottom