• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    The Colonel Taylor's rye is pretty good stuff. I've been working on a bottle of that.
    I didn't like Taylor at first, but gave it another go and drank damn near half the bottle. Good stuff. It's nothing particularly fancy (exotic finishing or aging), but it is a very good "blocking and tackling" basics rye that doesn't pull any punches.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Don’t get me wrong, MGP is a good ingredient for blenders to work with, and they’re beginning to market test their own label finished product. There are some terrific whiskeys that use MGP as a source mash at all price points since MGP has something like 10 different bourbon or rye mash bills they sell.

My issue is mainly with the blenders that use MGP source mash and don’t disclose it; with the proliferation of bourbon and rye brands it’s hard to keep track of who’s who in the zoo. I prefer to support distiller producers; but even today Whistle Pig has at least one product that contains an MGP mash.

http://whiskyadvocate.com/different-craft-whiskey-mgp-distillery/

http://www.great-taste.net/tidbits-kudos/industry-news/whisky-brands-that-are-made-at-mgp/

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Gonna be a good night...

8c6ad0921efaac9295120966de9e8645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    My grandpa and I always had a glass of Crown Royal and Pepsi before bed each night. When I was sick, he'd give me Maker and Mark Whiskey. I'd wake up better the next day.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Back in the day a "hot toddie" was medicine. I've had many when I'd get a cold or flu. My grandma would boil water. She'd put a shot of whiskey, a table spoon of honey then fill up the coffee cup with the hot water.

My grandpa kept his whiskey in a Phillips Milk of Magnesia" bottle. I only saw him drink from that bottle a couple times. It was almost always used for toddies.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    “Bick Benedict: Just remember, one of these days, that bourbon's gonna kill you.

Uncle Bawley: Okay, it'll be me or it. One of us has gotta go.”

- the movie, “Giant” 1956

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Back in the day a "hot toddie" was medicine. I've had many when I'd get a cold or flu. My grandma would boil water. She'd put a shot of whiskey, a table spoon of honey then fill up the coffee cup with the hot water.

My grandpa kept his whiskey in a Phillips Milk of Magnesia" bottle. I only saw him drink from that bottle a couple times. It was almost always used for toddies.
    Equal amounts: Fresh squeezed lemon juice, Bourbon or ____ , Boiling water, stir in honey to taste. in a 6 to 8 oz warmed mug, drink as hot as you can tolerate. Access you state of health and feel good. Still don't feel well, mix up another batch, repeat until you feel better, most feel well by the 3rd or 4th.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Equal amounts: Fresh squeezed lemon juice, Bourbon or ____ , Boiling water, stir in honey to taste. in a 6 to 8 oz warmed mug, drink as hot as you can tolerate. Access you state of health and feel good. Still don't feel well, mix up another batch, repeat until you feel better, most feel well by the 3rd or 4th.

LOL. As a 10 year old, it only took one for me to feel better.

Top Bottom